Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Ok I will admit I did not search this entire thread for an answer to the dilemma I seem to be facing. I had 0.24 and my saves worked perfectly, but now I have updated to 0.25 and nothing is working for my saves. I have tried the method of deleting the persistant saves (which I learned a long time ago with other games) but unlike other games, that unfortunately did NOT work this time. Can anyone help me? I would rather NOT have to start over if I don't have to.
Go back to .24 and Save the game on that Black screen suggesting you save or the end of version - that one has worked for just about everyone. Hope it does for you.

Jan 31, 2019
Go back to .24 and Save the game on that Black screen suggesting you save or the end of version - that one has worked for just about everyone. Hope it does for you.
How do I do that? Go back to .24, because I would gladly do so, however I do not keep the archives once they have been extracted to my games drive as to save space.

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
How do I do that? Go back to .24, because I would gladly do so, however I do not keep the archives once they have been extracted to my games drive as to save space.
Well I got rid of my .24 when my .25 worked, wish I could help you in that regard. I always save the last version of games until the new one works for me (old habit), then I remove them. I do not even have the Save any longer... sorry.
Maybe PM the Author - he does visit the forum at times - he likely has a .24 laying around, or another user may have that Save.

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
it didn't for me.

Ok I will admit I did not search this entire thread for an answer to the dilemma I seem to be facing. I had 0.24 and my saves worked perfectly, but now I have updated to 0.25 and nothing is working for my saves. I have tried the method of deleting the persistant saves (which I learned a long time ago with other games) but unlike other games, that unfortunately did NOT work this time. Can anyone help me? I would rather NOT have to start over if I don't have to.
If you still have 24, get the 24to25take2 update from this post

SVSC: ??????
Midlife Crisis v0.25a +Fix

6.11 MB
529 Bytes
4.08 GB
1.7 MB
1.4 GB
4.09 GB
1.3 GB
1.31 MB
1.42 MB
5.19 MB
5.19 MB
91.11 MB
If not, you'll need the V25 above in whichever flavour you prefer.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Not trying to belittle the annoyance of lost save games here but given that this is not a complex game where you have to make extra precise decisions - starting a new game and CTRL skipping or TABbing to the end point of 0.24 may take 5-10 minutes, probably less than you try to spend on a solution to save your old save.

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
Not trying to belittle the annoyance of lost save games here but given that this is not a complex game where you have to make extra precise decisions - starting a new game and CTRL skipping or TABbing to the end point of 0.24 may take 5-10 minutes, probably less than you try to spend on a solution to save your old save.
And much like I explained in a previous post. I started a new game with that in mind, and the damn game didn't think I'd read anything. so no, you can't do that.

LovingSon

Jul 22, 2018
Hi! Im in need of some tech help. I havent played this game since last summer (version 019). I just downloaded the latest version and tried to play. It seems all my old saves cause the game to crash.
Any way to salvage my old saves so I dont have to completely replay the game up to the new material?

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
Hi! Im in need of some tech help. I havent played this game since last summer (version 019). I just downloaded the latest version and tried to play. It seems all my old saves cause the game to crash.
Any way to salvage my old saves so I dont have to completely replay the game up to the new material?
Doubtful, there were issues with saves in a few latest versions, I think. You could try checking your quick, automatic saves as well, maybe one of them will work. Otherwise, you could just enable skipping of unseen text and skip to the content you've played last. For a super quick skipping, you can download unren, enable dev mode and then press ">" to jump from choice to choice without seeing renders in-between.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
It's an actively in-development project... Shit happens in development and sometimes that means you can't just load a previous save. In other words, it's not wise to expect to be able to always load from a previous version.
The sooner people get a grip on that reality, the better.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
It's an actively in-development project... Shit happens in development and sometimes that means you can't just load a previous save. In other words, it's not wise to expect to be able to always load from a previous version.
The sooner people get a grip on that reality, the better.
But but but they are entitled to get a free copy bug free. Otherwise it will upset them greatly and they have to blame the dev and anyone else who tries to help.

I mean damnit they did absolutely nothing to deserve such a quality vn, it has to be perfect!

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Heavy sigh! ~ Justine (from The Accountant)

It was neither a dysfunctional update, MRMIdAS2k, nor did shit happen in development, Snugglepuff. As has been pointed out multiple times already, the problem lies with the original uploader sharing their unpacked version instead of the official release and having somehow broken the rpyc files in the process.

To get the version to behave simply delete all rpy and rpyc files from the game directory and drop scripts.rpa from Version24to25take2 ( for anyone who stopped measuring their download speed in baud) into it instead. Problem solved. At least on my end and my saves tend to be broken as I toyed around with far too many compressed versions in the past.

Do take note that the full download in the post linked above isn't a zip archive and most probably no official version either. Anyone desiring to get their hands on a fully official version should download 0.24 and upgrade to 0.25 by way of the above patch.

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
Heavy sigh! ~ Justine (from The Accountant)

It was neither a dysfunctional update, MRMIdAS2k, nor did shit happen in development, Snugglepuff. As has been pointed out multiple times already, the problem lies with the original uploader sharing their unpacked version instead of the official release and having somehow broken the rpyc files in the process.

To get the version to behave simply delete all rpy and rpyc files from the game directory and drop scripts.rpa from Version24to25take2 (workupload mirror for anyone who stopped measuring their download speed in baud) into it instead. Problem solved. At least on my end and my saves tend to be broken as I toyed around with far too many compressed versions in the past.

Do take note that the full download in the post linked above isn't a zip archive and most probably no official version either. Anyone desiring to get their hands on a fully official version should download 0.24 and upgrade to 0.25 by way of the above patch.
The fact the zip is called "Take 2" implies that it needed a second go around. the original update, which came as the usual 2 files, (Chap25.rpa and scripts.rpa) would crash the game also. *nothing* to do with being packed, or unpacked, as unpacking the scripts.rpa would result in saves breaking also.

so yeah, not saying the creator is the problem, but the release here was absolutely borked, hence none of the workarounds posted about actually working.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes