Jan 10, 2020
so just played v.25, using the "save here" black screen from v.24...but when i tried using old saves (copied save file from v.24 to v.25), they don't work, like older saves have always done before w/previous updates. so i'm thinking it's a Renpy thing, b/c v.24 script file types were '.rpa', but v.25 ones are '.rpc'...n there was no scripts file to copy from the new version n load into the older version, like previous updates.

so 2 questions: 1) are there any files to copy from v.25, n load in a previous version of the game, n still be able to play the update using the older version?) 2) is there any way to copy/load old saves into v.25 n still be able to play them in the updated version? thx!

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
so just played v.25, using the "save here" black screen from v.24...but when i tried using old saves (copied save file from v.24 to v.25), they don't work, like older saves have always done before w/previous updates. so i'm thinking it's a Renpy thing, b/c v.24 script file types were '.rpa', but v.25 ones are '.rpc'...n there was no scripts file to copy from the new version n load into the older version, like previous updates.

so 2 questions: 1) are there any files to copy from v.25, n load in a previous version of the game, n still be able to play the update using the older version?) 2) is there any way to copy/load old saves into v.25 n still be able to play them in the updated version? thx!
The problem is the version uploaded here has been unpacked (exported all files from the RPA archives) and then deleted/regenerated the official rpyc files - which broke most of the old saves.

There is a way to get your v0.24 saves to work though.

Any saves made using the unpacked v0.25 from here probably won't work in the official version of v0.26 however (because once again the rpyc files won't match).

Hopefully future uploaders of this game won't mess with the official files and break saves.

Golgari

Jan 22, 2018
Curious just for posterity purposes, since I'm going back through this game and came upon the option again (which I had forgotten exists). What changes happen with Christine if you force yourself on her in the hotel? I don't really want to make that decision but I'm still curious about the "major changes in storyline" there are.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Curious just for posterity purposes, since I'm going back through this game and came upon the option again (which I had forgotten exists). What changes happen with Christine if you force yourself on her in the hotel? I don't really want to make that decision but I'm still curious about the "major changes in storyline" there are.
No major changes. You get an earlier scene, obviously, which many (including you from what I read) dislike due to the circumstances. Which means you'll have a different "first time". Apart from that everything else plays out the same. Maybe minor changes in dialogue, wouldn't have noticed though.

Golgari

Jan 22, 2018
No major changes. You get an earlier scene, obviously, which many (including you from what I read) dislike due to the circumstances. Which means you'll have a different "first time". Apart from that everything else plays out the same. Maybe minor changes in dialogue, wouldn't have noticed though.
Thanks man! There's just a warning on the scene that it will make major changes so I was curious. But thanks!

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
That last is partly cause tags have no classifications as such. When you see a tag it can be a one time thing, it can be where the game focuses or it can be something that is part of game but still quite minor.
If things were separated in 1 line for things where the game focuses on and a line for more or less warnings like rape for example and such that are in game and may make people wish to pass on a game but minor in content overall for the game it already would work way better and be more informative.
The best solution would be to separate forced content tags and optional content tags, so people who have put tags in a exclusion list would also see the game.
In this game the trans content and the gay content are optional, no trans /gay scene happen before the player has to acknowledge it.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
The best solution would be to separate forced content tags and optional content tags, so people who have put tags in a exclusion list would also see the game.
In this game the trans content and the gay content are optional, no trans /gay scene happen before the player has to acknowledge it.
That would fix things for people blacklisting games, but people searching for gay games would still see it. It isn't an easy problem to solve, all we can really say for sure is that the system as it is is damn near useless.

4Finger

Engaged Member
Nov 24, 2016
SVSC: ??????
Midlife Crisis v0.25a +Fix

6.11 MB
529 Bytes
4.08 GB
1.7 MB
1.4 GB
4.09 GB
1.3 GB
1.31 MB
1.42 MB
5.19 MB
5.19 MB
91.11 MB

Last edited:

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018

6.11 MB
529 Bytes
4.08 GB
1.7 MB
1.4 GB
4.09 GB
1.3 GB
1.31 MB
1.42 MB
5.19 MB
5.19 MB
91.11 MB
Works. cheers dude.

Jun 3, 2021

6.11 MB
529 Bytes
4.08 GB
1.7 MB
1.4 GB
4.09 GB
1.3 GB
1.31 MB
1.42 MB
5.19 MB
5.19 MB
91.11 MB
What is this list of files? I was trying to update the 0.24 PC version to 0.25, but I got a link to a 4Gb file. So the question is: is there a file for ONLY the update, which I can install whithout having to download the whole game again? Thanks for help.

4Finger

Engaged Member
Nov 24, 2016
What is this list of files? I was trying to update the 0.24 PC version to 0.25, but I got a link to a 4Gb file. So the question is: is there a file for ONLY the update, which I can install whithout having to download the whole game again? Thanks for help.
I have no clue.... Found them on SVSComics.com... Have you tried "Version24to25take2"??

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
Version24to25take2.zip 91.11 MB

Chagatai Khan

Jun 22, 2020
As far as I know there's not. Most devs of games on this site don't create patches to update older versions, they just create a new one. Patches are mostly there for incest and bugs.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Havent play this so who doing the cheating mc or the wife or both?
MC for definite and iirc wife if you want.
Given how options are extremely obivious (literally telling you what they lead to), you can't really go wrong with anything.

Jan 31, 2019
Ok I will admit I did not search this entire thread for an answer to the dilemma I seem to be facing. I had 0.24 and my saves worked perfectly, but now I have updated to 0.25 and nothing is working for my saves. I have tried the method of deleting the persistant saves (which I learned a long time ago with other games) but unlike other games, that unfortunately did NOT work this time. Can anyone help me? I would rather NOT have to start over if I don't have to.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes