ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
It's not that bad. The definition of the Gay tag is 'Sex act between two or more males'. Though even one such scene that is completely avoidable in a game requires the tag, which makes it useless in its own way.
hmmm just males huh ... should have said sex between the same sex :unsure:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
No of course not, we all know that sex between two women is just straight sex that every woman does just as that kissing, touching breasts and fingering means nothing even if the other ask to stop, it is not sexual harassment as long as it is a woman doing it or incest with the taboo involved as long as it is between women even if they are sister or mom/daughter even if they complain bitterly and have great problems about that same taboo with brother/son/father or that sleeping with another woman behind your man's back is not cheating. :p

I am being sarcastic and to be honest this is not the game to complain hardest about this.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
No of course not, we all know that sex between two women is just straight sex that every woman does just as that kissing, touching breasts and fingering means nothing even if the other ask to stop, it is not sexual harassment as long as it is a woman doing it or incest with the taboo involved as long as it is between women even if they are sister or mom/daughter even if they complain bitterly and have great problems about that same taboo with brother/son/father or that sleeping with another woman behind your man's back is not cheating. :p

I am being sarcastic and to be honest this is not the game to complain hardest about this.
It's just considered different kinks whether it's two males or two females, thus we have a "gay" and a "lesbian" tag.

But yeah, three of the tags of this game (gay, interracial, rape) are depending on just one scene which is completely avoidable and does not include the MC (except for as an onlooker if you so choose).

Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It's just considered different kinks whether it's two males or two females, thus we have a "gay" and a "lesbian" tag.

But yeah, three of the tags of this game (gay, interracial, rape) are depending on just one scene which is completely avoidable and does not include the MC (except for as an onlooker if you so choose).
The thing is though, they are not just kinks they are also turnoffs to others whether a male is involved or others. As soon as it is with a woman doing those things we are suddenly expected to only see it as a kink and positive. While for many it is not and it is seriously hypocrite at the very least. Not even talking about the impact things like that have on a game that supposedly is intended to be serious with believable story..... :p Well believable is gone at the very least.

Again though this game is not really an offender much in that in the first place and is way more fair about it and secondly the most controversial tags are extremely avoidable indeed without making you miss out on half the game or more or make story non-sensical if pass them up.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The thing is though, they are not just kinks they are also turnoffs to others whether a male is involved or others. As soon as it is with a woman doing those things we are suddenly expected to only see it as a kink and positive. While for many it is not and it is seriously hypocrite at the very least. Not even talking about the impact things like that have on a game that supposedly is intended to be serious with believable story..... :p Well believable is gone at the very least.

Again though this game is not really an offender much in that in the first place and is way more fair about it and secondly the most controversial tags are extremely avoidable indeed without making you miss out on half the game or more or make story non-sensical if pass them up.
All this has nothing to do with the question of tags however. The post you replied to was wondering why "gay" does not include female on female, and the reason for that is that "lesbian" exists.

Also, I do not consider it hypocritical to like one of these and dislike another (even to tag exclusion) as your personal fetish. You like what you like. It is different when they start with a discussion about how one is okay in general and the other amoral or similar. But as long as it just "what turns me on, what turns me off, what doesn't turn me at all", it is perfectly fine.

Reactions: jaw1986baby

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
All this has nothing to do with the question of tags however. The post you replied to was wondering why "gay" does not include female on female, and the reason for that is that "lesbian" exists.

Also, I do not consider it hypocritical to like one of these and dislike another (even to tag exclusion) as your personal fetish. You like what you like. It is different when they start with a discussion about how one is okay in general and the other amoral or similar. But as long as it just "what turns me on, what turns me off, what doesn't turn me at all", it is perfectly fine.
No hypocritical is that actions of females are treated differently as males and that male on male is gay but woman on woman is not here suddenly, if female on female deserves its own tag, so does male on male and not be called gay. Both are gay, not just one of the two. Gay has a definition that is defined in the Oxford dictionary and every other dictionary and it is not male on male.

Either separate both from the word gay or neither: P The tags situation. Well that one has been discussed many times before that they are not working as intended at the moment for too many tags

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
No hypocritical is that actions of females are treated differently as males and that male on male is gay but woman on woman is not here suddenly, if female on female deserves its own tag, so does male on male and not be called gay. Both are gay, not just one of the two. Gay has a definition that is defined in the Oxford dictionary and every other dictionary and it is not male on male.

Either separate both from the word gay or neither: P The tags situation. Well that one has been discussed many times before that they are not working as intended at the moment for too many tags
Well, while you are technically not wrong, in everyday parlance, "gay" refers more to man/man than "any same gender pairing". C. f. the abbreviation LGBTQA+, which uses it in this way. And according to the OED this has already been done since 1935. I would guess to most people "gay" is foremost a term for m/m, not for same sex in general.

Since it makes sense to distinguish between the possibilities m/m and f/f, I would like to know a suggestion for better terms that is understandable and relatively short, so it is useful as a search term.

Certainly these two different tags are not intended in any way to treat them at a different level.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well, while you are technically not wrong, in everyday parlance, "gay" refers more to man/man than "any same gender pairing". C. f. the abbreviation LGBTQA+, which uses it in this way. And according to the OED this has already been done since 1935. I would guess to most people "gay" is foremost a term for m/m, not for same sex in general.

Since it makes sense to distinguish between the possibilities m/m and f/f, I would like to know a suggestion for better terms that is understandable and relatively short, so it is useful as a search term.

Certainly these two different tags are not intended in any way to treat them at a different level.
No but the problem is that women are treated very differently in practice as males, also when comes to tags. How many tags have you seen for a woman cheating with other woman in male protagonist games unless the dev himself made a point about it being a major plot point? This discussion does not belong in this thread though. On the proposal for tags thread you can see many many proposals.

I just gave humorous reply to someone that had more or less the same point of view. :p Do not try to blow it up further.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
No but the problem is that women are treated very differently in practice as males, also when comes to tags. How many tags have you seen for a woman cheating with other woman in male protagonist games unless the dev himself made a point about it being a major plot point? This discussion does not belong in this thread though. On the proposal for tags thread you can see many many proposals.

I just gave humorous reply to someone that had more or less the same point of view. :p Do not try to blow it up further.
Oh, there are quite a few "tag improvement" threads, I have been invested in two of them myself but don't know about this one. So I am afraid your humorous reply was lost on me, neither did I understand the reference nor could I see the humour in it. And I am also not seeing anything pointing to that from the post we both replied to, which asked why "gay" was m/m only and not f/f, so I just answered that there was another tag for that. And I still cannot see what is hypocritical about that.

As for your question: not a lot of those tags. Then again I have not played a lot of games where this was a plot point, nor am I aware that a man cheating with another man would be treated differently. It is true that different things happen with different regularity. But if you see a wrongly applied or missing tag, you can always report it.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019

so if its guys its considered gay and females are lesbian ? ... hate to break it to ya .. its all gay ... trying to break it down between the sexs ... well the point is kinda moot ... :unsure:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
so if its guys its considered gay and females are lesbian ? ... hate to break it to ya .. its all gay ... trying to break it down between the sexs ... well the point is kinda moot ... :unsure:
As I said, the tags are about the kinks, and m/m will be liked by different people than f/f. The idea is not to distinguish in terms of worthiness or similar, but in terms of people trying to find games they may enjoy. Trying to use the same tag for them to avoid discrimination will be counterproductive.

As for the term, again as I already said, it is technically correct that "gay" can refer to both male and female same sex stuff. However, it is used very often, even within the community, to refer to male partnerships, since there is a different word for females. Again - LGB is Lesbian, Gay, Bi (yes, there are more groups, but not relevant to this discussion). If you have a different suggestion as a term for "gay", please come forward, renaming it shouldn't be the problem.

That makes me wonder. Does F95 have a "bisexual" tag?
It doesn't. Here's the list and definitions. The basic idea is that the tags are not about the orientation of the characters but about the sexual actions depicted.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
It's not that bad. The definition of the Gay tag is 'Sex act between two or more males'. Though even one such scene that is completely avoidable in a game requires the tag, which makes it useless in its own way.
It's not very good for those who want to play games that have a gay MC though.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
As I said, the tags are about the kinks, and m/m will be liked by different people than f/f. The idea is not to distinguish in terms of worthiness or similar, but in terms of people trying to find games they may enjoy. Trying to use the same tag for them to avoid discrimination will be counterproductive.

As for the term, again as I already said, it is technically correct that "gay" can refer to both male and female same sex stuff. However, it is used very often, even within the community, to refer to male partnerships, since there is a different word for females. Again - LGB is Lesbian, Gay, Bi (yes, there are more groups, but not relevant to this discussion). If you have a different suggestion as a term for "gay", please come forward, renaming it shouldn't be the problem.

It doesn't. Here's the list and definitions. The basic idea is that the tags are not about the orientation of the characters but about the sexual actions depicted.
Thank you for the link. Though I'm disappointed they lumped futa and trans into one tag since they are very different, it's good to see that in the tags, "trap" does not mean trans. It gets a bit frustrating in the Summertime Saga thread when people talk about "Trap Eve." The definition seems closer to the Japanese trope. It doesn't help that after DC wrote such a sensitive arc for the trans character, the achievement awarded was called, "It's a Trap!" Sigh.

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
:unsure:
:
Adjective ( gayer, gayest)
  1. (of a person) homosexual (used especially of a man)
(used especially of a man)
(used especially of a man)

It's not very good for those who want to play games that have a gay MC though.
Like I said, useless. False positive for people who want a gay game, false negative for people who want to blacklist gay games.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
:unsure:

Like I said, useless. False positive for people who want a gay game, false negative for people who want to blacklist gay games.
That last is partly cause tags have no classifications as such. When you see a tag it can be a one time thing, it can be where the game focuses or it can be something that is part of game but still quite minor.
If things were separated in 1 line for things where the game focuses on and a line for more or less warnings like rape for example and such that are in game and may make people wish to pass on a game but minor in content overall for the game it already would work way better and be more informative.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019

and i've already forgot wtf we was arguing about . i'm out of this convo :rolleyes:

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes