Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
I scrolled back to the end of the dinner and saved over that final save and closed the application. When I reloaded the app and played from that new save it still didn't transition to the new version properly.
Best way we have found is to load up .24, and play until you get to the Black screen that says to Save at the end. Save there and load that into .25. That worked for everyone that tried, AFAIK. Good Luck!

Reactions: Master of Puppets

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I'm in my midlife crisis since 15 years now and i confirme that, my wife is 15 years younger and i start to check out my doughter's friends who are 19-20 now, some of them have a strange lewd look in their eyes when they catch me but i'm still not bold enough to really try something!!:ROFLMAO:
i think thats a natural thing those young girls do ..... happened(s) to most of us ;)
now tho i'm methuselah :LOL: most of them now just call me santa ... so i tease back saying of course .. come sit on santa's lap hehehe :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Dragon59

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
for some reason the game won't open even after it giving it security privileges on mac
How exactly did you give it 'security privileges' ?
You can try this: right click the app, Show package contents and then navigate to /contents/MacOs/. There's a file there with the name midlifecrisis. Double click that. Terminal should start and subsequently the game. If not, describe what happens instead.

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
gigan's patch works flawlessly!
(The only thing one could be nit-picking about is that priority 9999 lies well outside :geek:)
I didn´t know that.I have changed that to 999 and i have attach in the post a test file where the incest without init pyton will activated (i hope that this will work with savegame files i can´t test it but it should work there too)

Reactions: haooni and Hordragg

LN1982

Sep 27, 2018
Best way we have found is to load up .24, and play until you get to the Black screen that says to Save at the end. Save there and load that into .25. That worked for everyone that tried, AFAIK. Good Luck!
That worked. Very weird, and unfortunate that I could ONLY load into v25 if my save was on that one screen. Hopefully that gets fixed down the line since I agree with most in this thread that the humor and story are top notch.

Reactions: Zephea

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
I didn´t know that.I have changed that to 999 and i have attach in the post a test file where the incest without init pyton will activated (i hope that this will work with savegame files i can´t test it but it should work there too)
Well, it's only a recommendation anyways and your patch does work on either init priority. (y)

Regarding your test version, I don't see any benefit in using the splashscreen label: first, there can be only one (*cue highlander theme song*), second, it doesn't play well with saves. Well, for my definition of playing well at least. Using the splashscreen label taboo will only ever be set if one starts a new game or loads an already patched save. Loading a vanilla save, then going back to the main menu and restarting the game will result in a vanilla playthrough regardless of the patch present. Using init python any game will have taboo set, even if the save hadn't had before.

Do take note that Nefastus wrapped all of chapter one inside a giant if-clause so the above is only apparent on saves (advancing to) after the first chapter – with the nightmare about Christine being the first event to honor taboo on specific lines only.

That worked. Very weird, and unfortunate that I could ONLY load into v25 if my save was on that one screen. Hopefully that gets fixed down the line since I agree with most in this thread that the humor and story are top notch.
The fix in this instance would be for the uploader to share the official release…

Reactions: LN1982
May 27, 2020
Do take note that Nefastus wrapped all of chapter one inside a giant if-clause so the above is only apparent on saves (advancing to) after the first chapter – with the nightmare about Christine being the first event to honor taboo on specific lines only.
I was just going to see if I could fix that, but then it's a lot more complicated than just being in one giant if clause as well.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I was just going to see if I could fix that, but then it's a lot more complicated than just being in one giant if clause as well.
What exactly is the problem y'all are talking about that needs fixing? Something wrong with just using the regular patch?

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Well, it's only a recommendation anyways and your patch does work on either init priority. (y)

Regarding your test version, I don't see any benefit in using the splashscreen label: first, there can be only one (*cue highlander theme song*), second, it doesn't play well with saves. Well, for my definition of playing well at least.
I was thinking that this will be helpful for people who have problem with the patch.Anyway i have delete this

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Intriguing. I am aware of some minor mistakes in keeping both paths updated (like showing the intro bit about the quality of the early renders on the vanilla path only, spelling fixed on one path but not the other, …) but haven't actually compared the branches (yet).

I was thinking that this will be helpful for people who have problem with the patch.Anyway i have delete this
All versions of your patch are working, so it's a job well done! It's just that in my personal opinion those using init python do work better – as in more consistently. :)

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes