ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I am so lost right now. I downloaded the file from mega, extracted it into a separate folder; but when I go to open up the game it's even there? I click twice it takes me to the "game" folder.
should be a folder named MidLifeCrisis-v0.25pc <-- pc cause i used the windows version

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
The reason most games use archives for data rather than loose files even without compression is because it gives better performance to load from one file than many.
I would have thought seeking an archive for the correct data to be worse than asking the filesystem for a file tbh. I'm not on a potato so I can't really test it, everything just loads instantly for me. I sure hope it's enough of an improvement to annoy everyone wanting to view CGs.

WhyMe13

Jun 8, 2019
should be a folder named MidLifeCrisis-v0.25pc <-- pc cause i used the windows version
I tried downloading it from nopy as well, and still ran into the same issue. I click Midlife Crisis 0.25 twice, and all that shows up is a game folder with cache, images, gui folder, and gui rpy/rpyc.

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
I tried downloading it from nopy as well, and still ran into the same issue. I click Midlife Crisis 0.25 twice, and all that shows up is a game folder with cache, images, gui folder, and gui rpy/rpyc.
Two part question; What anti-virus (anti-malware) program are you using and have you checked inside the program vault (or quarantine) area?

LN1982

Sep 27, 2018
All the images seem to be there for v25, and the rpy file for it is there. When I load up a save just before the end of v24 (one dialogue line before it) though and click it goes to the end of v24 screen and won't let me move into the new content that is there in the folder. Is this a documented problem? Or is this issue I'm having different from everyone else's?

Edit: Also, is there a workaround/fix?

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Me too. saves don't work, older saves even take me to unrelated scenes, it's borked.

Did that too, that's when I noticed a bunch of scenes that should have pictures, don't, because "skip previous messages" thinks I've not read anything. Joy.
I'd suggest deleting the game and re-downloading it again, then starting over. Skip seen text won't work so you'll have to tell it to skip unseen if you don't want to replay.
images could be getting updated .. or altered in some way .. doesn't stop anyone from playing tho :)
There are no missing images unless you've deleted something, stop giving bad advice.

Last edited:

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
All the images seem to be there for v25, and the rpy file for it is there. When I load up a save just before the end of v24 (one dialogue line before it) though and click it goes to the end of v24 screen and won't let me move into the new content that is there in the folder. Is this a documented problem? Or is this issue I'm having different from everyone else's?

Edit: Also, is there a workaround/fix?
Try loading the save, scrolling back a bit and saving and then loading it.

Apr 13, 2019
Wowie zowie, while it may have some flaws when it comes to renders and text, just the oozing sexuality of this one (and allowing you to just have the story come out how you like), my ceiling is fucking covered. The scenarios of the scenes are fucking amazing, and I there wasn't a single model I disliked. The MC could be a little less portly, but whatever. Minor gripes. I hope the dev revisits some of the early renders and fixes some of the issues.

S-Tier.

Reactions: Daddy4u

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I'd suggest deleting the game and re-downloading it again, then starting over. Skip seen text won't work so you'll have to tell it to skip unseen if you don't want to replay.

There are no missing images unless you've deleted something, stop giving bad advice.
ok your nutz .. there are missing images .. just not that many ... we're done

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
ok your nutz .. there are missing images .. just not that many ... we're done
No images are missing, you'd get a message in red up the top saying scene_d4J1 (for example) not found if the image wasn't present.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes