Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
I've never understood why they get packed in the first place. The rpa archive format seems to offer no (or next to no) reduction in size and just makes it annoying if you want to view the CGs or code. I wish all games were packed unpacked.
good question. however there's a handy tool to extract everything anyway.

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
good question. however there's a handy tool to extract everything anyway.
Yes but that's what I mean by annoying, it takes time storage and disk life to duplicate the data for seemingly no reason. I tend to check CGs before I try new games or updates so I'm very familiar with the inconvenience.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I've never understood why they get packed in the first place. The rpa archive format seems to offer no (or next to no) reduction in size and just makes it annoying if you want to view the CGs or code. I wish all games were packed unpacked.
The reason most games use archives for data rather than loose files even without compression is because it gives better performance to load from one file than many.

Reactions: Kukipett

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
I don't understand. I download a fresh copy each update, I don't over write shit. And I've only had a issue once. So maybe it's you not the vn.
Me too. saves don't work, older saves even take me to unrelated scenes, it's borked.
i just usually start a new game ...
Did that too, that's when I noticed a bunch of scenes that should have pictures, don't, because "skip previous messages" thinks I've not read anything. Joy.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Me too. saves don't work, older saves even take me to unrelated scenes, it's borked.

Did that too, that's when I noticed a bunch of scenes that should have pictures, don't, because "skip previous messages" thinks I've not read anything. Joy.
This may be bad advice but maybe delete everything like that persistent file some threads mention and start the process again. This is the first I've read of this issue, atleast I can't remember reading it before.

Good luck anyway

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019

true a few of the images are not in place .. but given time they will be there

WhyMe13

Jun 8, 2019
I am so lost right now. I downloaded the file from mega, extracted it into a separate folder; but when I go to open up the game it's even there? I click twice it takes me to the "game" folder.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes