MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
You could decide to solve the problem - or complain to nobody in particular.
How, by unrening the update files, which breaks saves, making you both have to remember your choices, and where you were up to and potentially breaking your saves further or by keeping them packed so the game doesn't even boot?

I delete every game and every save file (buggers love the "Roaming Data" folder) after I enjoy an update. When a new update comes out, I download it again, "skip" everything (making sure to enjoy scenes I liked in previous run-throughs) and then partake in the new content. In 95% of all games on here, it takes mere minutes to recap by skipping through, no worries about save issues, and there's a reunion of sorts. There are exceptions, but those I have alternative methods.

Except, as I explained before, "Skip previously read text" didn't work either, due to the files being unpacked. Your idea is great *IF* the skip function works as intended.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
The fact the zip is called "Take 2" implies that it needed a second go around. the original update, which came as the usual 2 files, (Chap25.rpa and scripts.rpa) would crash the game also. *nothing* to do with being packed, or unpacked, as unpacking the scripts.rpa would result in saves breaking also.

so yeah, not saying the creator is the problem, but the release here was absolutely borked, hence none of the workarounds posted about actually working.
You're mixing up two very different things and putting the update under general suspicion in doing so. The official release is perfectly fine. Yes, the initial version of the upgrade patch did break the game, but it did so for patrons and pirates alike and prompted an immediate response in form of a fix. Now, the unofficial full version shared here breaks saves, but it's only our own we have to blame for this and it's in turn up to us to fix it. Your previous posts on the matter fail to highlight this point.

How, by unrening the update files, which breaks saves, making you both have to remember your choices, and where you were up to and potentially breaking your saves further or by keeping them packed so the game doesn't even boot?
An interesting but rather moot point as it only applies to the broken version of the upgrade patch. But to provide an answer to your question (again): either use the fixed upgrade patch on an official 0.24 or delete any rpy and rpyc files from game folder of the unofficial 0.25 and drop the scripts.rpa from the fixed upgrade patch into it instead.

Reactions: haooni

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
You're mixing up two very different things and putting the update under general suspicion in doing so. The official release is perfectly fine. Yes, the initial version of the upgrade patch did break the game, but it did so for patrons and pirates alike and prompted an immediate response in form of a fix. Now, the unofficial full version shared here breaks saves, but it's only our own we have to blame for this and it's in turn up to us to fix it. Your previous posts on the matter fail to highlight this point.

An interesting but rather moot point as it only applies to the broken version of the upgrade patch. But to provide an answer to your question (again): either use the fixed upgrade patch on an official 0.24 or delete any rpy and rpyc files from game folder of the unofficial 0.25 and drop the scripts.rpa from the fixed upgrade patch into it instead.
You're acting like I haven't been telling people to get the 24to25 redo patch, and that I wasn't correcting people still trying to claim the old patch worked perfectly....

Also, I'm not putting anything under suspicion, the original patch, the one I've been criticizing, was broken, you said so yourself, so why am I not allowed to say "oh, the solutions everyone gave to fix the issues the broken patch presented, didn't work"

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Remembering your choices: easy as hell, they're not exactly hidden in this game, they're not exactly impacting the story.

Remembering where you were - should be easy enough, (a) the last version had a very prominent cliffhanger, (b) generally you would know that even after some time off the game (and if you wouldn't, maybe restarting to get back into the story would be a wise move anyway). You stop too early? Once you realize, just continue. You stop too late? Roll back a few lines. If in doubt read a bit.

Look, it's not that anybody is saying that the first update wasn't a problem. All we're saying is, it was a solvable one. And that it just might be more efficient to just solve it and enjoy the continuation of the story instead of creating new problems and not being able to play the game at all and instead of spending the time with Amanda or whomever spending it arguing with old, fat, sweaty guys on this forum. But you do you.

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
I have been looking at recent posts and have decided to wait for the next update before playing again. Yes, I want to know what is happening. After reading the recent posts I have decided however that #1 you all are concerned about the WRONG problem, and #2 I can wait and hope the REAL problem is fixed.

Yes, it's sad but after reviewing recent posts I have determined that the LONGTERM issue continues. -Sigh- Hopefully Nefastus will eventually add the MISSING Chocolate Chip Cookie content. You people arguing about small issues with saves need to turn your attention to the MAJOR problem of Chocolate Chip Cookie content not being in this game, and let minor things slide. :)

Just a thought.

P.S. yes I know people will be shocked by my silly post, but honestly I don't mind a new plat through so when I do grab the update I'll just start over to see some of the early hot (SEXY) fun scenes.

P.P.S I look forward to seeing what is added to the game in the Future (Chocolate Chip Cookies NOW darn it), and think we need at another corny (AWESOME) musical bit SOON. :)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I have been looking at recent posts and have decided to wait for the next update before playing again. Yes, I want to know what is happening. After reading the recent posts I have decided however that #1 you all are concerned about the WRONG problem, and #2 I can wait and hope the REAL problem is fixed.

Yes, it's sad but after reviewing recent posts I have determined that the LONGTERM issue continues. -Sigh- Hopefully Nefastus will eventually add the MISSING Chocolate Chip Cookie content. You people arguing about small issues with saves need to turn your attention to the MAJOR problem of Chocolate Chip Cookie content not being in this game, and let minor things slide. :)

Just a thought.

P.S. yes I know people will be shocked by my silly post, but honestly I don't mind a new plat through so when I do grab the update I'll just start over to see some of the early hot (SEXY) fun scenes.

P.P.S I look forward to seeing what is added to the game in the Future (Chocolate Chip Cookies NOW darn it), and think we need at another corny (AWESOME) musical bit SOON. :)
But ... before we can solve that problem, we need to be sure ourselves: are we worthy of chocolate chip cookie content? Can we appreciate enough what they do for us? Also I could go full NTR discussion level with them: I hate them with a passion - sorry ;)

Raerngaming

Jun 14, 2018
After you get up out of bed after helping Jennifer with her problem and go down to the kitchen the whole interaction with your oldest girl is the same. No matter if you tell the red head to leave or to take her. That should be 2 different scenes to that as it feels strange when you pick Tell her to leave and it is as if you missed something. Out side of that and a few spelling errors it is looking like a good game so far.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
After you get up out of bed after helping Jennifer with her problem and go down to the kitchen the whole interaction with your oldest girl is the same. No matter if you tell the red head to leave or to take her. That should be 2 different scenes to that as it feels strange when you pick Tell her to leave and it is as if you missed something. Out side of that and a few spelling errors it is looking like a good game so far.
Nice find. Though telling Sarah to leave the room… no wonder you're the first to stumble upon this. :)

And it needn't be two different scenes just an if clause around a few lines:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PipeLayer2000

Dec 24, 2020
Pro-tip: if you're originally on an ignore the wife completely playthrough, give it a shot pulling her into your debauchery. Trust me, it's worth it.
Her renders got SOOOOOO much better as the game has gone on, IMO. I wanted nothing to do with her the first little while, but that has absolutely changed.

Reactions: derpaste

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
Pro-tip: if you're originally on an ignore the wife completely playthrough, give it a shot pulling her into your debauchery. Trust me, it's worth it.
I was on the ignore route, at least I tried to be, I was even rude to her (even though I didn't really like that), but she ended up getting pulled in anyway. I have to say it was kind of worth it in the end but it did feel as if I never really had a choice in the matter.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I was on the ignore route, at least I tried to be, I was even rude to her (even though I didn't really like that), but she ended up getting pulled in anyway. I have to say it was kind of worth it in the end but it did feel as if I never really had a choice in the matter.
Dev had an intention of second route with the wife, but has not had time to develop that one yet, whether his plans changed since then I do not know, only nefastus does. After how wife developed I do not think I need that other path for myself at least. :)

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
Her renders got SOOOOOO much better as the game has gone on, IMO. I wanted nothing to do with her the first little while, but that has absolutely changed.
I was sort of considering that early on as well, but it felt mean to just callously discard your faithful wife to bang teenagers, not to mention that I didn't want to have them see me as that sort of person. And considering she is now both an enabler and active participant in all the debauchery I'm so glad I did. Wifey deserves better.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Yes i love that MILF, but the dev should upgrade her wardrobe, i'm not a fan of that ugly dress she seems to be glued in since too long!

• Haha
Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yes i love that MILF, but the dev should upgrade her wardrobe, i'm not a fan of that ugly dress she seems to be glued in since too long!
Yeah bit more cleavage shown and such will be no problem. :)

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes