TheSinner

Jul 13, 2017
without spoiling much, that scene with "as I was saying..." made me laugh so hard that I forgot that I was playing an adult game.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Well, an everyman that behaves as the one in the game would be slapped ten times a day and teen girls would make crude jokes about him, not fall for him. I´m OK with bad jokes and singing, but he needs a good amount of sex-appeal (and not only money) to be able to effortless make all that girls and women fall for him.

Actually, forget about Steve MacQueen and Pierce Brosnam. The MC should be something like the characters in Cary Grant's comedies to be credible. Wonky, clueless about a lot of things regarding to young girls and women in general, bad jokes and singing, but elegant, sophisticated and handsome. At least, I would prefer to identify as a character like that one, since the player "is" him in the game.
Nope, not for me. What I find most appealing (see my review of the game) is that it isn't trying to force you to be some awesome stud, but allows you to be an everyday fat, old dude who can still kill it - and kill it over the top at that. Yes, it is completely ridiculous, and you are completely right that any guy looking like that would have more bruises from girl slaps than he can count, but this story doesn't work like that. And it would not work with some really sexy "dad", be it Steve McQueen, be it Sean Connery. The fun is that he is flubby.

It's similar to the logic of fortune cookies - if there were really funny jokes in them, some wouldn't like them, some wouldn't get them. But if everybody agrees that they're terrible, we can all move on and have a shared positive experience.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Nope, not for me. What I find most appealing (see my review of the game) is that it isn't trying to force you to be some awesome stud, but allows you to be an everyday fat, old dude who can still kill it - and kill it over the top at that. Yes, it is completely ridiculous, and you are completely right that any guy looking like that would have more bruises from girl slaps than he can count, but this story doesn't work like that. And it would not work with some really sexy "dad", be it Steve McQueen, be it Sean Connery. The fun is that he is flubby.

It's similar to the logic of fortune cookies - if there were really funny jokes in them, some wouldn't like them, some wouldn't get them. But if everybody agrees that they're terrible, we can all move on and have a shared positive experience.
Why exactly should he be getting slapped? The vast majority of the girls are coming after him, he isn't just hitting on random girls.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Why exactly should he be getting slapped? The vast majority of the girls are coming after him, he isn't just hitting on random girls.
Okay, maybe he wouldn't get slapped (though it depends a small bit on how you play), except for maybe by Sandra - the girls just wouldn't tease him like that.

Vindoland

Oct 6, 2020

So the MC is good... because is completely ridiculous? OK...
Look, this thread has 300+ pages. I know that right now there are only fans of the game here, because all the people that are not fans of this game left this thread months ago. That means that nobody here is going to agree with any kind of in deep criticism about the characters, the focus of the game, the story, etc. It's OK. But I'm pretty sure that, if the MC would have more sex-appeal, this game would have even more fans because it would be more plausible. Problem is, to create an attractive, funny and charming character (not talking about just graphic design) that actually could make women and girls fall for him, is way more difficult that to make an everyday fat old dude that for some not explained magic or miracle, can still kill it will all kind of gorgeous girls and women.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
The mc is perfect for this story. I'm sure there is a vn with a studly mc like you are craving, best of luck finding it :)
Yeah, one of the main reasons I like this game so much is because of the MC's personality. I think he is both funny and charming and not just a 18-year old horndog (i like those games aswell, this is just a nice change of pace :) )

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Look, this thread has 300+ pages. I know that right now there are only fans of the game here, because all the people that are not fans of this game left this thread months ago. That means that nobody here is going to agree with any kind of in deep criticism about the characters, the focus of the game, the story, etc. It's OK. But I'm pretty sure that, if the MC would have more sex-appeal, this game would have even more fans because it would be more plausible. Problem is, to create an attractive, funny and charming character (not talking about just graphic design) that actually could make women and girls fall for him, is way more difficult that to make an everyday fat old dude that for some not explained magic or miracle, can still kill it will all kind of gorgeous girls and women.
So you think it's weird that fans of the game defends it in it's own thread? EVERY games thread is like that, that is the nature of a forum like this.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Why would people who are not fans stick around, except to troll?

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
. Wonky, clueless about a lot of things regarding to young girls and women in general, bad jokes and singing, but elegant, sophisticated and handsome.
He's been happily married for 20 or so years, that doesn't go together with being clueless about women and girls, especially given he has two daughters.

Vindoland

Oct 6, 2020
I said I like this game because it reminds me "Acting Lessons", one of the most successful erotic games of this site, and only made a criticism: the MC should be more attractive in order of being plausible that almost a dozen of women and girls fall for him... and I´m been called "troll" and attacked by several people...
It´s OK. If by chance the dev is active in this forum and reads my comments, maybe could make him think a little and gives ideas for another future games. Regarding the rest of you that are attacking me, I'm not interested in your opinions. And don't worry, you will: I'm going to leave this thread and not going to continue commenting here. Actually, I'm going to silence all of you so I'm not going to be notified or future comments from this thread.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
You might like a game like that better. Maybe even many more people. But it is not always "one size fits all", otherwise right now every game would be a battle royale. Some devs also like to do something different and then get more enjoyment out of their work.

Also, obviously a lot of the game has been written with all this in mind, a handsome guy as MC would mean rewriting a lot of this, you cannot just switch the renders then. Also the tone would have to be changed. And in the end it would be a completely different game. Not necessarily a bad one, but it wouldn't be this game anymore.

Look, all of us dislike some characters in games. Sometimes even the MC. For whatever reason, and that is fine. But changing a character massively would probably alienate the guys who like the game without any guarantee of the hordes of new fans coming in to begin with.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
the MC should be more attractive in order of being plausible that almost a dozen of women and girls fall for him... and I´m been called "troll" and attacked by several people...
No-one is calling you a troll, but why should the dev change anything about the mc? Changing things to try and chase some vague definition of popularity never works and only suceeeds in alienating the original fans.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
He's been happily married for 20 or so years, that doesn't go together with being clueless about women and girls, especially given he has two daughters.
Think about it--is he significantly more awkward than most of the characters Nathan Fillion plays?

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Actually, don't think about it too much. While I am usually all for searching for plot holes and consistency, here already the premise shows that we're in screwball territory where rules are just different.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Actually, don't think about it too much. While I am usually all for searching for plot holes and consistency, here already the premise shows that we're in screwball territory where rules are just different.
I just don't think it is all that different. It's not like most of the girls fell head over heels for him the moment they saw him or anything, he doesn't have some superpower to make the ladies' panties wet just by looking at them like in some games. They all had a chance to get to know him before falling for him. And I think it's being overstated just how 'ugly' he is.

Reactions: Snugglepuff

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Repeated warnings about trans content, but seemingly unskippable kiddie-scenes? Strange priorities, man.
(a) they're over 18 years old, unless you make them younger yourself.
(b) they're not related to you, unless you install a mod.

So basically - where are the kiddie scenes? Each and every one you brought upon yourself by fiddling with the game, and of course it couldn't warn you.

Okay, that was a bit pretentious, we all know that the big "I" is a main point of this game. But that's why nobody needs a warning anymore. Trans content however is not a given, so a warning is in order. Some people tend to react negatively to traps.

Though my first point still somewhat holds - you could have easily, way easier than the trans content, avoided any scene ticking those boxes. So obviously you wanted them. Bit hypocritical to wonder then.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes