Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
They made Old Friends and Public Transport. Took a break from releases for a couple months (5-6?) to remaster the whole game so far, then took another one right after releasing the finished work to take a break from working on the game.
Well, Nefastus already said he's focusing on new content and that he wouldn't work on remastering the old visuals if it interferes with working on new content, so it shouldn't be a problem.

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
Lost my saves with my PC (I hope, temporarily), began a new game with 0.13 version. Found an error, that I never saw before in 0.12. After the night with MC's sister and niece I stumble upon an error in conversation with Erica and the same error later in conversation with Angela. Description of error right down below.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nefastus, can this error be repaired? It can be ignored for now but I am already missing part of the dialog with MC's sister (about contraception) with choice and maybe some content in current version.

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
Lost my saves with my PC (I hope, temporarily), began a new game with 0.13 version. Found an error, that I never saw before in 0.12. After the night with MC's sister and niece I stumble upon an error in conversation with Erica and the same error later in conversation with Angela. Description of error right down below.

Nefastus, can this error be repaired? It can be ignored for now but I am already missing part of the dialog with MC's sister (about contraception) with choice and maybe some content in current version.
Try replacing this file in your \game folder and see if it fixes the issue. Remember to remove the 495262_ in front of the file name.

Reactions: lionarslan

Zertidus

Apr 7, 2019
It seems you have an old version of version12.rpy.
Copy this one in the game folder and it should be fine.

Also, here is version13.rpy from version 13a, which fixes a few bugs and do not force hotel scene if not on romance path with d1.

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
Ozel, Zertidus, my sincere thanks to both of you. In my game folder there was only scripts.rpa (with all the code and text for all versions), no versionxx.rpy but after I copied these files my error is gone.

Reactions: Ozel

Zertidus

Apr 7, 2019
Ozel, Zertidus, my sincere thanks to both of you. In my game folder there was only scripts.rpa (with all the code and text for all versions), no versionxx.rpy but after I copied these files my error is gone.
Scripts.rpa is a package that contains all the .rpy files, aka the story.
Images.rpa contains the pictures
You can unpack those with UnRen, which could be found on this site, and you will get the versionxx.rpy and a folder called images.
I always unpack Scripts.rpa, because you can quickly fix a typo in a variable with Notepad.
(like here sicream11v instead of siscream11v).

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
Scripts.rpa is a package that contains all the .rpy files, aka the story.
Images.rpa contains the pictures
You can unpack those with UnRen, which could be found on this site, and you will get the versionxx.rpy and a folder called images.
I always unpack Scripts.rpa, because you can quickly fix a typo in a variable with Notepad.
(like here sicream11v instead of siscream11v).
I was using the compressed version, which I assume needs to be Unren'd to be compressed, since I didn't Unren it myself.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I hit a couple of exceptions:
version03.rpy line 1365 'wiferoleplay2' is not defined
version07.rpy line 942 syntax error

Zertidus

Apr 7, 2019
I was using the compressed version, which I assume needs to be Unren'd to be compressed, since I didn't Unren it myself.
I would advise against mixing compressed and uncompressed versions, as it could lead to more errors.
But if it worked, all good :)

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
I would advise against mixing compressed and uncompressed versions, as it could lead to more errors.
But if it worked, all good :)
I don't mix compressed and uncompressed versions. I just wait for the compressed versions all the time now. I don't know why anyone would do such a thing. :unsure:

Reactions: chaughton22

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Sorry about this, I was the one who caused this drama here. The reason I posted what I did was that you did not seem happy with how the game was turning out with the renders and other stuff. So, (Before I knew you were waiting on upgrading your system) I thought it might be better until you waited until you were happy with it before coming out with the next update. Those who love your game will be willing to wait for updates.
No drama, I understand where it comes from. I buckled and added in animations even though I hate how the stop motion stuff looks. It was definitely a mistake and probably should have either taken them out or regone over them immediately, I took your post as honest advice. It makes sense to not add in stuff I am not satisfied with.

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
They made Old Friends and Public Transport. Took a break from releases for a couple months (5-6?) to remaster the whole game so far, then took another one right after releasing the finished work to take a break from working on the game.
This is exactly what I wanted to avoid...now granted I didn't think it would be a FULL YEAR before I went back over some stuff, but at least it has been a full year with an update every month hahaha.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I don't think there needs to be a big redo or something like that, you can notice the game has improved as its gone on so you can just apply what you've learned to the next game and just do minor tweaking to the older parts of this game if needed.

This game seems to average around 350 renders per update, its probably gotten way too big to be remade again. Thats a task with "burnout" written all over it.

Soundprime

Apr 1, 2018
Good god I love this game. That big decision with Lily (the younger daughter) is one of those rare decisions in a game like this where I've really had to think.
Aaaaaanyways, fuck me I waffled on for a bit there, sorry. Just goes to show that the writing in this game is top notch and the characters feel so damn real. Oh and would be wrong not to mention the great Sarah scenes we get in this update too. Super looking forward to the next update, keep up the great work!

(small spelling error in the
, can't remember where exactly but there was a "nothing" spelt as "nothign")

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes