Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Nice update, but the behavior of the wife is strange/unfitting.
I mean on 'hate' path and with the last desicion about the 'open releatishenship' was like '' i fuck who i want and u do as i say (no more sex with wife)'' with the result wife was really pissed and said something which sounded like she want's a divorce... the wife part in this update just dont fit at all.

I really hope on a choice to get rid of the wife... preferable in a large lake :whistle:

derive

May 2, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 441, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?
Same error. Installed newest courteous mod, used script patch. Still errors for all my saves.

chrisb

Nov 1, 2017
I getting an error loading my save game.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\MidLife Crisis\MidLifeCrisis-0.16-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\MidLife Crisis\MidLifeCrisis-0.16-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\MidLife Crisis\MidLifeCrisis-0.16-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\MidLife Crisis\MidLifeCrisis-0.16-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\MidLife Crisis\MidLifeCrisis-0.16-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3451, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\MidLife Crisis\MidLifeCrisis-0.16-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 992, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\MidLife Crisis\MidLifeCrisis-0.16-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 45, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\MidLife Crisis\MidLifeCrisis-0.16-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 992, in event
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\MidLife Crisis\MidLifeCrisis-0.16-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 697, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\MidLife Crisis\MidLifeCrisis-0.16-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 239, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\MidLife Crisis\MidLifeCrisis-0.16-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 239, in event
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\MidLife Crisis\MidLifeCrisis-0.16-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 906, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\MidLife Crisis\MidLifeCrisis-0.16-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 841, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\MidLife Crisis\MidLifeCrisis-0.16-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 315, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\MidLife Crisis\MidLifeCrisis-0.16-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 728, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\MidLife Crisis\MidLifeCrisis-0.16-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1867, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "C:\Users\yogib\Documents\Games\MidLife Crisis\MidLifeCrisis-0.16-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1696, in rollback
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
MidLifeCrisis 0.16
Tue Mar 10 03:09:16 2020
I'm getting the same error. Version 15 still works just fine but Version 16 errors out. What did work was going to an older save prior to the cabin which did load properly and now things work okay. Hopefully that helps.

John573

Dec 16, 2017
Will the MC get any character pregnant if he cums in them because they talk about it in the game but there are not any tags stating any intent to have the content?

maxihell

Aug 19, 2017
Data Error when extract :oops:. I able to fix so for those has problem used uploadhaven to download instead nopy etc.......:)

Last edited:

diego68usa

Aug 29, 2019
also have been skipping this game but decided to try it out and i really like it! lots of different scenarios and girls and is amusing and enjoyable to play.....maybe i'm having a mid life crisis! :) excellent game. thanks

Reactions: fbass

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
If you're using the compressed version, then I don't think the will work?

The compressed version MidLifeCrisis-016-pc_Kompressed.7z is delivering v0.16 scripts, with a modified datetime of: 2020-03-10 08:15:11

The patch scripts16a.zip is delivering v0.16a scripts in a rpa file, with a modified datetime of: 2020-03-09 06:08:24

In Ren'Py games, the script file with the newest modified datetime is always used.

The script files in MidLifeCrisis-0.16-pc_Kompressed are newer than those in scripts16a.zip, so Ren'Py will use the old v0.16 scripts.

Until someone releases a compressed v0.16a, one solution is to unpack the rpa from scripts16a.zip, which gives them a newer modified datetime so Ren'Py will use the fixed v0.16a scripts.

Which is what I've done in the attached v0.16a patch for MidLifeCrisis-016-pc_Kompressed.7z - copy the game folder from this patch into the root folder of the game (the main folder with the game launcher MidLifeCrisis.exe in it). Let it overwrite the original files.

Note: v16a just fixes a variable error for people who were only on the eldests path. Everyone else should be fine with v0.16.
For those that already downlaoded 16. 16a is only needed if you are on the eldest path only. If you are on hers and the younger girl paths, then there is no change at all. I just set a variable wrong in the beginning, should be d2_romance instead of d1_romance. For those technically inclined, if you don't want to redownload the entire thing and aren't on the younger girls path, its the first if statement if you unren, just change it to d2_romance.

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Nice update, but the behavior of the wife is strange/unfitting.
I mean on 'hate' path and with the last desicion about the 'open releatishenship' was like '' i fuck who i want and u do as i say (no more sex with wife)'' with the result wife was really pissed and said something which sounded like she want's a divorce... the wife part in this update just dont fit at all.

I really hope on a choice to get rid of the wife... preferable in a large lake :whistle:
Honestly I kind of dropped the ball a long time ago on the hate route and it isn't what I intended, I am improving it and adding a not hate but not love middle ground as the rewrite goes along to make it feel more realistic(yes hate is planned to eventually have her leaving, but you better be careful to make sure the girls pick you to stay with you). Hopefully soon you guys can be as loving/apathetic/hateful towards her as you want to be, I mean in the confines of the MC personality. I have developed a new workflow that is letting me accomplish more during my limited free time, so hopefully it won't take to long to complete.

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Will the MC get any character pregnant if he cums in them because they talk about it in the game but there are not any tags stating any intent to have the content?
It's planned, won't be every girl in game cause some aren't interested and take birth control. If the MC is cumming in every girl though he will certainly get a surprise or two.

0le

Apr 30, 2018
It's planned, won't be every girl in game cause some aren't interested and take birth control. If the MC is cumming in every girl though he will certainly get a surprise or two.
What is you longtime plan for this game? Do you have a sketched/planned ending or will it continue for ever?

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Honestly I kind of dropped the ball a long time ago on the hate route and it isn't what I intended, I am improving it and adding a not hate but not love middle ground as the rewrite goes along to make it feel more realistic(yes hate is planned to eventually have her leaving, but you better be careful to make sure the girls pick you to stay with you). Hopefully soon you guys can be as loving/apathetic/hateful towards her as you want to be, I mean in the confines of the MC personality. I have developed a new workflow that is letting me accomplish more during my limited free time, so hopefully it won't take to long to complete.
Obviously you should write the paths you think make sense for the game you want to make, but the hate path had some very fun first steps towards the MC just domming the everloving shit out of his wife that I'd love to see developed. But of course the lovey-dovey thing is ok too, if that's more your speed.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
There is a special redhead minx that I am not giving much of a choice.
Last update scene with her was so hot!! The only thing that I kind of was hoping to happen is to secretly see the cum dripping from her later in the boat with the rest of the girls, and she picking the spill with her finger and lick it.

Last edited:

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
There is a special redhead minx that I am not giving much of a choice.
Last update scene with her was so hot!! The only thing that I kind of was hoping to happen is to secretly see the cum dripping from her later in the boat with the rest of the girls, and she picking the spill with her finger and lick it.
I love that...going to have to remember that for later haha.

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Obviously you should write the paths you think make sense for the game you want to make, but the hate path had some very fun first steps towards the MC just domming the everloving shit out of his wife that I'd love to see developed. But of course the lovey-dovey thing is ok too, if that's more your speed.
I always wanted to do the hate/dom thing with her so it will definitely be in rewrite. It was more of a poor time management early that kinda led me astray. Definitely want a path where MC can let out his inner animal with her, since none of the other girls would really be into that sort of thing.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes