Apr 28, 2017
The game is intresting however there are some problems that need fixing in the future updates:

The relationships need to become more concrete, no more flirting for those MC rejects and if the MC is in a relationship with his older daughter and IN THE CASE doesn't want an Harem a Threesome or to Cheat he needs to be able to reject his younger daughter, or vice-versa, and be given the choice to make Jennifer stop flirting with him!!

To finalize, MC relationship with his wife... the three choices need to become more clear, not only in the description, but also in the events that follow the choices!!!!

But the worst thing are the models that are as bad as the earliest models in Where the Heart is!!!!

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
For those who have played all of this or are just starting do you think there is a need to a walkthrough?

Reactions: perseus420

MisterL

Sep 17, 2019
Most options are pretty obvious, there are even warnings included with some of them.
Agree with riktor here, I never had the need of a WT for this game. The dev does a good job to tell the players what they are about to decide with the current choice on screen.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Played all of it multiple times, I don't think so, but then again it seems there is a portion of players that will always want one, so it couldn't hurt.

Most options are pretty obvious, there are even warnings included with some of them.
Probably not needed then. I'm just gauging interest I have yet to play it and want to pick up a few more guides to do and I know this is popular.

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
Probably not needed then. I'm just gauging interest I have yet to play it and want to pick up a few more guides to do and I know this is popular.
:eek: You haven't Played this yet?? :eek:

I prescribe an IMEDIATE playthrough in these troubled times. While it may not keep you healthy it WILL keep you happy (I hope). :) If you are unable to play RIGHT NOW, then 1 or more Chocolate Chip Cookies probably need to be eaten. :)

Just a (healthy?) thought.

P.S. Health and safety recommends that you NOT drink and play this, as doing so may cause: intense laughter resulting in damaged keyboards and/or monitors. :whistle:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I could do with a walkthrough for one thing, is it actually possible to not get involved with Christine? No matter what options I pick, I can't figure out how to avoid her.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
So will the Mc be a father soon in the future by looking at his lifestyle? In my playthrough he just shoot inside.
Well in my playthrough he's been a father for 21 years, but probably again, yes. It'll be interesting how that plays out, how many of the girls are willing to be mothers for other girls' children?

Aug 7, 2018
I could do with a walkthrough for one thing, is it actually possible to not get involved with Christine? No matter what options I pick, I can't figure out how to avoid her.
If there's interest in making certain characters optional (beyond what the game already allows you by avoiding their romance, which is limited), I could try to add options for that in the mod.

I'm a little hestitant to make big changes, but adding a few extra XYZ_romance checks shouldn't be too intrusive (initially promised to keep changes to dialogue to a minimum. Also, while adding variables in an init block shouldn't cause any trouble, I'm a little trepidatious they might screw with existing saves. Again :( ). Depending on how much of their interaction you'd want to be skippable, you WOULD miss quite a few chunks/scenes that way. The experience is already a little weird, because MC on no-wife run has info you only get in wife romance scenes and so on.

Anyway, while it's probably best to wait for Nefastus' route rework, send me your ideas/preferences and I'll see if I can add them.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
If there's interest in making certain characters optional (beyond what the game already allows you by avoiding their romance, which is limited), I could try to add options for that in the mod.

I'm a little hestitant to make big changes, but adding a few extra XYZ_romance checks shouldn't be too intrusive (initially promised to keep changes to dialogue to a minimum. Also, while adding variables in an init block shouldn't cause any trouble, I'm a little trepidatious they might screw with existing saves. Again :( ). Depending on how much of their interaction you'd want to be skippable, you WOULD miss quite a few chunks/scenes that way. The experience is already a little weird, because MC on no-wife run has info you only get in wife romance scenes and so on.

Anyway, while it's probably best to wait for Nefastus' route rework, send me your ideas/preferences and I'll see if I can add them.
You're supposed to be able to avoid Christine, but looking in the game files just now I see that they're seriously fucked up, and it's literally impossible not to romance her if you have the incest patch installed. Also, why would you add variables in an init block? That's for config things isn't it?

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
You're supposed to be able to avoid Christine, but looking in the game files just now I see that they're seriously fucked up, and it's literally impossible not to romance her if you have the incest patch installed. Also, why would you add variables in an init block? That's for config things isn't it?
define was added somewhat recently. It's normal to see older games still do it in init

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
define was added somewhat recently. It's normal to see older games still do it in init
Are you sure about that? I don't think it is new. And you shouldn't be using define for variables anyway, it's for constants. Using it for variables is a bad idea, you're just asking for save compatibility errors doing weird things like that.

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
Are you sure about that? I don't think it is new. And you shouldn't be using define for variables anyway, it's for constants. Using it for variables is a bad idea, you're just asking for save compatibility errors doing weird things like that.
I meant default, though they have similar purposes, which is to act as syntactic sugar for the init block variable assignments. I am pretty sure they were only added in 2017

Aug 7, 2018
The mind works in strange and mysterious ways when you (and every supermarket in your area) have run out of coffee. Midlife Crisis uses default values, my stupid brain just decided to remember an old article about some anachronistic 'best practices to not smash saves to smithereens with every update' instead.

So yeah, thought about adding a sort of killswitch that would enable extra checks / ask you if you want to skip a given scene for a specific character. Which would be fine as Yay or Nay, Let me skip it (or at least ask me) or Don't bug me with needless extra choices. You're right though in that something similar can be achieved more easily.

Anyway, if people want it I'll look into adding an option. Which characters are we talking about? Only Christine?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
The mind works in strange and mysterious ways when you (and every supermarket in your area) have run out of coffee. Midlife Crisis uses default values, my stupid brain just decided to remember an old article about some anachronistic 'best practices to not smash saves to smithereens with every update' instead.

So yeah, thought about adding a sort of killswitch that would enable extra checks / ask you if you want to skip a given scene for a specific character. Which would be fine as Yay or Nay, Let me skip it (or at least ask me) or Don't bug me with needless extra choices. You're right though in that something similar can be achieved more easily.

Anyway, if people want it I'll look into adding an option. Which characters are we talking about? Only Christine?
Looking at the scripts it has a whole bunch of defines that should be defaults, and some defaults inside scene labels. I'm amazed the game works at all honestly. Ren'Py is clearly more resilient than I gave it credit for. The relevant part appears to be d1_romance getting defaulted (actually 'defined') to True instead of False at the start, and choosing 'Yes I want to fuck my daughter' in version 7 setting it to true again but choosing no not setting it to false.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes