ylapointe

Dec 17, 2017
Big thanks to Nefastus for updating the game. I'm curious if anyone can tell me what happened with this latest update to cause the file size to go down? I was considering the compressed version with the last update, but now I see no need.

In the changelog, the pevious update introduced compression in the new scenes, but the latest update mentions nothing of the entire game being converted to webp and I'd imagine that would be quite notable.
I believe it's mentioned it in Dev Notes section of OP

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
I feel like that was there before this update but I'm most likely wrong about that.
Before I only changed a couple of versions over to test image quality. This update I changed over like 80%+ of the images to webp. I'm still not thrilled personally with webp, dark shadows end up looking strange, but I am going to probably do a mixture. Mostly webp to keep the overall size down, but if the scene is lewd and darker like the one this update I will leave put the png's back.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Before I only changed a couple of versions over to test image quality. This update I changed over like 80%+ of the images to webp. I'm still not thrilled personally with webp, dark shadows end up looking strange, but I am going to probably do a mixture. Mostly webp to keep the overall size down, but if the scene is lewd and darker like the one this update I will leave put the png's back.
Ahh! Now I see why there was such a significant drop in file size. I haven't gotten around to playing the update just yet, but I'll be sure to report any issues with image quality.

Reactions: Nefastus

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
Are you using lossy webP (YUV420) or lossless webP (ARGB)? I would go for additional light sources in any case or brighter ambient light, respectively. There is a reason why professional video/photo production uses more than one light source. Hard shadows are to be avoided.

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Are you using lossy webP (YUV420) or lossless webP (ARGB)? I would go for additional light sources in any case or brighter ambient light, respectively. There is a reason why professional video/photo production uses more than one light source. Hard shadows are to be avoided.
Its not a lighting issue, the shadows look precisely as I intended in the original renders. I would end up running the renders, converting them, then going back and tweaking the lighting, only to have to do it all again if the artifacts continue. All that to get them to look right in a format I don't particularly care for personally and one that daz doesn't natively render to. It's quite a bit simpler to just plop the pngs back in if they don't look how I like after converting.

If the png scene or two makes the update too big for some players, well that's part of the beauty of forums like this. One of the extremely helpful guys/girls on here will have a compressed version out fairly soon after the update hits and it's win/win for everyone.

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Also...the fact that I have no clue what the difference between YUV420 or ARGB is, should give you a pretty good indication of why I rely on people here to help out with the compression lmao. I load a converter someone mentioned on my patreon and hit run....that is the extent of my input on the conversion. I try to make semi acceptable pictures and tell a story that makes people giggle now and then, the compression and all that, well thank god people on this forum are so nice.

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
Also...the fact that I have no clue what the difference between YUV420 or ARGB is, should give you a pretty good indication of why I rely on people here to help out with the compression lmao.
Those are just different color spaces. Lossless webP uses ARGB (Alpha-Red-Green-Blue-Channels). Lossy webp files use brightness as their main channel thus compression artifacts are more visible in darker spaces.

I don't know which converter you use but it's of no use to convert a rather small jpg/png file into webP file anyway.

Salami Pasta

Apr 4, 2020
How much content is there? Say, in hours played, if one would read everything and not skip.
I like rather engaging, long, semi-complete stories (basically I don't like short ones).
Considering the above, is this worth picking up now?

• Angry
Reactions: ImperialD

whoishe79

Mar 10, 2020
How much content is there? Say, in hours played, if one would read everything and not skip.
I like rather engaging, long, semi-complete stories (basically I don't like short ones).
I've spent 5-6 hours last night playing it from the start... and I was forwarding conversations quite often if some girls I find unattractive (like Christine) were part of it. IMO it's definitely worth playing now.

One suggestion for Dev - for all the talk about Jennifer gymnastic skills and her super-fit body, it's quite disappointing that she's not using it during sex scenes with MC. 'My Cute Roommate' is a good example of how to use girl's flexibility during this kind of scenes.

Overall, I really enjoyed this game. Some minor complaints (for my taste, too much white knighting by MC, the plot with Jennifer parents was poorly done) but overall had a blast playing it. Some dialogues made me laughing unexpectedly hard and overall were very well written. All the teasing is great too.

Last edited:

Salami Pasta

Apr 4, 2020
So it took over 20h to reach the end of v0.17 (while reading at moderately slow pace and appreciating the renders).
So there's a fair amount of content.

Character interactions were fun.
Nice renders.
Awesome 4th wall jokes.
Lack of music though.

Reactions: ktoutlaw80 and Arbe

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
Took me a few days to get through it from the start.

Story is good, really liked the change of pace of the midlife crisis perspective rather than another horny teen MC (So far I think only this & Dr amana have conveyed that perspective really well; aside from "just got out of jail/was away for 18 years" dad games)

I wouldn't say that the story is anywhere near complete yet, but there is a ton of story so far and plenty of "content"

This game is def on my short list, big recommend.

udogu

May 20, 2019
Just got to the end of the 0.15 content, and maybe it's just me, but did the redhead's boobs shrink? I seem to recall they were a lot bigger in the early part of the game.

DMPat

Jul 21, 2018
Just got to the end of the 0.15 content, and maybe it's just me, but did the redhead's boobs shrink? I seem to recall they were a lot bigger in the early part of the game.
They were, Nefastus acknowledged the error. It'll be fixed in a future version. Rest assured, the boobs go back to deliciously plump after the shopping trip.

udogu

May 20, 2019
They were, Nefastus acknowledged the error. It'll be fixed in a future version. Rest assured, the boobs go back to deliciously plump after the shopping trip.
Either way, I'm not complaining. She's a hottie with B's or D's.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I tried playing a save with Christine and it leaves me with a bit of a dilemma; while I don't find her attractive the scenes with her are pretty hot, and I'll really miss more with Sarah (who is my favourite) if I go back to a save without Christine. Sarah masturbating while we fucked Christine was amazing.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes