WBWB

Jul 8, 2017
Did them both, scene plays out the same regardless. Up to and including the implication you both have already had sex.
I noticed that too. Even if you chose not to go all the way that night in the hotel room, the game mentions that you've been inside her once already. Should be easy to fix, but it goes to show how difficult it is to keep track of things like that when you get this far into the story.

Xethal

Dec 30, 2017
Update was great, but it definitely felt smaller than the last one. There were a lot of scenes which is nice but the length / build up to them was much shorter than prior updates.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Update was great, but it definitely felt smaller than the last one. There were a lot of scenes which is nice but the length / build up to them was much shorter than prior updates.
I think that fits the setting of these past two updates though, no? He's stuck in a cabin with all of them trying to sneak a few moments with each whenever he can manage it . . . We feel like he does . . . A little overwhelmed maybe and definitely a lot frustrated!

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
Fucking Hell ... as if the God didn't want me to play this game. Tried all links, original or compressed, always failed to download at some %. I just download other multiple games without problems. o_O

Dec 26, 2017
Midlife Crisis [v0.17] [Nefastus Games] (3.06 GB rar pc source)
Thanks for the compressed version. For those of us bandwidth-challenged it's a great resource.

But...

It seems there are two AVI videos mentioned in the script but are not in the ZIP file.

Code:
games/images/Version17/jc17v/jc17vrid.avi
games/images/Version17/cn17v/cn17vgr.avi
Would it be possible to get those (or their webm equivalents) in a ZIP file as an addendum?

Thanks again.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Thanks for the compressed version. For those of us bandwidth-challenged it's a great resource.

But...

It seems there are two AVI videos mentioned in the script but are not in the ZIP file.

Code:
Would it be possible to get those (or their webm equivalents) in a ZIP file as an addendum?

Thanks again.
sorry, yet there are no those "video" files in the original/source either.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Code:
sorry, yet there are no those "video" files in the original/source either.
Sure there are, but they're loose in the images directory rather than packed in an rpa:
MidLifeCrisis-017-pc.zip\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\game\images\Version17\cn17v\cn17vgr.avi
MidLifeCrisis-017-pc.zip\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\game\images\Version17\jc17v\jc17vrid.avi

Last edited:

JessieTR

Jul 4, 2017
Wow, this game was an amazing trip. Such a fantastic teasing tempo while at the same time providing lewds on the side. The writing really cares to give the different characters personalities and styles. It even has a more nuanced handling of a transgender character than you usually see in these games. I love this game.

Reactions: Ludvinae
Dec 26, 2017
Sure there are, but they're loose in the images directory rather than packed in an rpa:
Thanks M. that's precisely what was needed. Goodbye "exception screen"! Now if developers would only realize that PNG is a rubbish format for "photo realistic" images we'd not need "compressed versions".

Thanks again.

Reactions: Meushi

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
Sorry for the wall of text, believe it or not I tried to keep it short & relevant, here's a short version
Contains general SPOILER type info too frequently to add tags (not specific events but general flow, maybe)
(No spoilers in TL;DR, not even general stuff)
TL;DR:
-the characters are physically sexy & interesting, it was easy to 'feel' something for each character which is a huge part of what sucks me into a game

-the sex scenes are very well written, both dialogue & interactions of characters, it's all very spicy

-the humor is unexpected & always timed very well, but it's never jammed down your throat, it always feels right, when I lol'd it was true & endorphin inducing ever time, well done!

-the story is about very mundane average happenings But it's so well written that's what makes it shine, very relatable

-the pacing is one of the hardest parts to nail down in any adult game imho, too fast ppl qq it's a meet 'n' fuck, too slow ppl qq it's a slow burn, this title does it well, yes it fast in terms of in game time, but it Feels very natural to me personally

--such a small detail: allowing age selection & custom naming of the girls adds a metric fuck-ton of naughty, makes me feel dirty but I got over it quick enough >;D

This game is .........Just WOW, what originally got me to try this game was a fairly negative comment basically saying 'how could anyone enjoy playing a protag who was a weak person who let the girls tease & torment him the entire time'

So I read more comments, which were mostly rave reviews minus maybe pointing out a flaw here or there. Now I feel sorry for the user that made that comment & I'm thinking they didn't bother playing for more than 20 minutes, oh if that user only knew that the situation pretty much does a 180* lmao

-I Love how well the writing makes an average scenario (dude in mid years re thinking his existance regarding his boring life) into a Truly enjoyable story that any middle aged man would dream of (maybe not the daughters) being surrounded by young horny hotties.

- All aspects of the writing are Excellently done, some writers use 2 paragraphs to convey what would've been best said in 2 sentences & others try to convey an idea in 1 sentence that should've taken 3, Midlife Crisis has struck the Perfect balance = convey your idea in an accurate, clear manner while leaving out words that don't add any relevance.

-Engrish not included >;D

-Many games have humor written into the story but a great many focus too much on making the player laugh too often or because its attempting to be humorous so frequently the humor itself begins to lack, or sometimes it's not written in a way that feels natural & part of the story flow & true to that character's persona. Again Midlife Crisis does an Amazing job with comedy, as its blended in so naturally & when a lol moment is dropped on the reader it's usually unexpected & timed Perfectly which makes it gold every time, every Lol I got out of this gem was an Earned lol & genuinely got my endorphins going, Ty for that Dev >;D

-the pacing: is usually a topic I refuse to touch as at times we all want a game that gives us both; sex scenes fairly soon into playtime but we don't want it to feel like it lacks in non sexual content or sacrifices good plot for more sex. Again this title Nailed it, yes sex happens pretty quickly as in game time goes But to me personally it doesn't feel like MC is a manipulative deviant

*let me explain lol* the 1st time or 2 mc interacts with any of the girls it may feel that way but I look at it like he needs to break past that initial awkward feeling stage, meaning he's like "I gotta do what I gotta do to get 'insert girl name' to realize I like them & that it's ok for them to like me back...or not & I don't care who knows"

Once he knows they know his feelings & he's ok with the consequences he truly backs off the gas in the sense that yes he let's them know he wants them, but always says he's not cool with making anyone uncomfortable. This is my favorite type of harem game, one in which all/most of the girls know about the rest & even if they don't all love each other they're pretty much cool with it, one big fucking family gets me ery' time.

-The characters are all fairly unique in personality & all sexy as well, each girl invokes slightly different responses within me while sharing qualities with the rest of the girls, there's a maturity in many of them that I find refreshing & at times I find myself appreciating the writing even more. Feeling a non sexual attachment for a character in an adult game is another example of excellent writing

-This game NEEDS a gallery, this is pry going to sound funny but I want it for the dialogue within sex scenes as much as for the scenes themselves, for me the sexiness/looks of the models is less than 50% of the turn on, it has to have well written dirty talk within said scenes, which this game does masterfully !! The dialogue in the sex scenes is some Top Tier shit, very erotic when appropriate

I'm sure there's other things I wanted to write about regarding this game, if I have relevant info to add I'll edit, later I'll try to add this to reviews

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 188 Votes