Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
does anyone have a compressed version for Mac??
Duplicate your previous version Mac app and rename it MidLifeCrisis-0.12-mac
Download the PC version (actual or compressed) and unzip it
Drill down into the PC version's Renpy folders until you find the folder named "game". Copy the "game" folder.
Right-click the MidLifeCrisis-0.12-mac app icon and choose "Show Package Contents"
Drill down into Contents / Resources / autorun
If you're in the right place then you'll see a "game" folder there. Trash it.
Paste the "game" folder that you had copied from the PC version
Launch the MidLifeCrisis-0.12-mac app and enjoy

This technique should work for any Renpy game.
Replace 0.12 with the actual version number and make sure to add these files that can be found in this comment:
Sure there are, but they're loose in the images directory rather than packed in an rpa:
MidLifeCrisis-017-pc.zip\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\game\images\Version17\cn17v\cn17vgr.avi
MidLifeCrisis-017-pc.zip\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\game\images\Version17\jc17v\jc17vrid.avi

Kosmic2k10

Oct 27, 2019
just did a play through of the game and got to the part with Christine on a date. We did the dinner and then the bar and then. . . .

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Flip' <'Image' u'images/Version13/dn13v/dn13v35.jpg'> True False>:
File "game/version13.rpy", line 780, in script
c "Let's just go to a hotel. We can head down to the bar or pool if it gets boring."
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/Version13/dn13v/dn13v35.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/version13.rpy", line 780, in script
c "Let's just go to a hotel. We can head down to the bar or pool if it gets boring."
File "D:\Games\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\Games\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1199, in say
who(what, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\Games\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1016, in __call__
self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
File "D:\Games\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\character.py", line 817, in do_display
**display_args)
File "D:\Games\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\character.py", line 566, in display_say
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "D:\Games\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\Games\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\Games\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3132, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "D:\Games\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2055, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
File "D:\Games\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
File "D:\Games\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
File "accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "D:\Games\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 495, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "D:\Games\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "D:\Games\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "D:\Games\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "D:\Games\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 916, in load
child = cache.get(self.image)
File "D:\Games\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "D:\Games\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "D:\Games\MidLifeCrisis-0.17-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/Version13/dn13v/dn13v35.jpg'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
MidLifeCrisis 0.17
Sun Apr 12 21:24:49 2020

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Seriously, Jennifer should have rowed them back - she's in much better shape than the MC, and could have rowed them back in like half the time. Or hey, they could have used it like canoes are actually used, and both paddled.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Can someone upload the mac update?
Duplicate your previous version Mac app and rename it MidLifeCrisis-0.12-mac
Download the PC version (actual or compressed) and unzip it
Drill down into the PC version's Renpy folders until you find the folder named "game". Copy the "game" folder.
Right-click the MidLifeCrisis-0.12-mac app icon and choose "Show Package Contents"
Drill down into Contents / Resources / autorun
If you're in the right place then you'll see a "game" folder there. Trash it.
Paste the "game" folder that you had copied from the PC version
Launch the MidLifeCrisis-0.12-mac app and enjoy

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Seriously, Jennifer should have rowed them back - she's in much better shape than the MC, and could have rowed them back in like half the time. Or hey, they could have used it like canoes are actually used, and both paddled.
She's fit, but I'd be surprised if she has more upper body strength than he does. Maybe before he started working out, he'd really let himself go at the start of the story, but he's made quite a bit of progress since then. His arms are almost as thick as her legs.

Reactions: Krynh and ImperialD

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
there is no contents/resources/autorun anywhere to drag the game folder into.
Right-click the MidLifeCrisis-0.12-mac app icon and choose "Show Package Contents" . Although in this case the version number will be the last update number not 0.12

Bobzx

Jul 3, 2019
here is my unofficial android port of Midlife Crisis v0.17.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
Care to bundle in the cheat and incest mods if you do this for the next update? Ive not figured out how to add either on the droid version myself

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
Care to bundle in the cheat and incest mods if you do this for the next update? Ive not figured out how to add either on the droid version myself
incest is enabled as usual but i won't include any other 3rd party mods.

Reactions: Raptus Puellae

Dude Lebowski

Jul 5, 2018
Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with how to report bugs, but I'd like to support this game's development as I can:
Both the nearly full boat shot and the zoomed-in shot of Amanda and Jennifer (with Christine and Sarah in the background) on the boat on the lake seems to be a bit glitchy. Both girls' left breasts seem to be flattened, and Amanda's left elbow is resting inside her backrest.

Arbe

Nov 23, 2017
Alright, so I've played the whole game (despite being slightly unhinged by the ghostly figure in the screenshots :LOL:). And I can honestly say I've had a blast all the way to the end of the current version. What an adventure!

The developer constantly breaking the fourth wall and cracking jokes and references made me giggle and laugh even when I didn't think he could get me anymore. The girls are sexy as hell (I've got a soft spot for the ghostly daughter :sneaky:) and the way it's going it feels like it's only going to get more kinky and to that I say YES.
Moreover, most of the dialogues and the story were engaging enough to compel me to read them all thoroughly, which is always a big plus in my book.

I recommend 200% that you give this a try if, like me, you hadn't done it yet. There's a lot of content for a fair range of tastes/preferences.

Nefastus : Good job :D This just went up into my top 3 games soon-to-be supported on Patreon.

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Yeah.. played this a long time ago and felt the need to check back up on it. Just revisited a scene.. and the line, "Traitor. Betrayed by my own Dick...." Spit my coke onto the keyboard.. I had forgotten the scene. Enjoying this as much as I did the first time. 8/10 -now back to the game

Is it wrong that I went to youtube to play some of the songs that the MC sings?

Last edited:

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Guess I'll be restarting? This latest update broke all my saves...they either flash back to the splash screen or cause the game to crash on load.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Big thanks to Nefastus for updating the game. I'm curious if anyone can tell me what happened with this latest update to cause the file size to go down? I was considering the compressed version with the last update, but now I see no need.

In the changelog, the pevious update introduced compression in the new scenes, but the latest update mentions nothing of the entire game being converted to webp and I'd imagine that would be quite notable.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes