bamboomrunescape

Donor
Dec 25, 2019
And then they complain about all the bugs on it and the dev sucks and rage quits leaving behind a 1 star review. Na that stuff never happens here.
personally I'd like to just play the update. I don't complain about bugs. I'd rather sift through a buggy release to play the update, rather than not play the update at all. But thats just me *shrug*

bamboomrunescape

Donor
Dec 25, 2019
You can see the first part of the patreon post even if you're not a patron. It's the image I posted above.
i know, i checked at 6pm est and it didnt say that. I didnt think anything would change, so why check again? I also asked before your comment, i believe.

Yeah idk i guess i cant win

Rating69

Apr 2, 2018
The full thing says -

*****EDIT**** PLEASE do not share this version yet. I screwed up. Somehow I compiled and uploaded one of the test versions with an older, in progress version of the script. As it stands about half the update is playable.(content wise probably close to a normal full months update so leaving it up at the moment until I get the proper files uploaded) At work for the night so can't access my computer for a while, save your game when you can choose to take your wife with you somewhere or not. You can "technically" play one more scene(without wife), but leave a save at the choice just in case(Not sure if I tested that scene in this version). I'll upload the proper script when I get back to my computer. ALL the images are included, so if you download this update you will just have to download and replace the script.rpa when I get it uploaded(likely in the morning).

Grubb

Oct 8, 2017
i know, i checked at 6pm est and it didnt say that. I didnt think anything would change, so why check again? I also asked before your comment, i believe.

Yeah idk i guess i cant win
You said at the time " well i cant see the patreon post", meaning the present. And at that time the post was there. That's all I was saying. No big deal =D

Anyway, in the future, bookmark the patreon page, you might not be able to see much, but at least if something like this happens again, it'll be viewable by any person. Well, a portion of it, anyway. It's also possible to see if a new update has come out.

bamboomrunescape

Donor
Dec 25, 2019
You said at the time " well i cant see the patreon post", meaning the present. And at that time the post was there. That's all I was saying. No big deal =D

Anyway, in the future, bookmark the patreon page, you might not be able to see much, but at least if something like this happens again, it'll be viewable by any person. Well, a portion of it, anyway. It's also possible to see if a new update has come out.
tbh even when someone screenshotted the patreon post, i went to his patreon and it still just said "unlock by bein a $20 tier" or whatever, it didnt even show the beginning of the post or anything. idk why.

Ah well, point still stands i need faps and this game is great for that. Anyone know if he updated the link yet? i might just cave and put $20 down for this

localhost

Sep 17, 2020
Let me start by saying that I love what Nefastus is doing and I appreciate his effort! It can be really hard to estimate when you will complete a software project. Things happen.

That being said, I have been a software development manager for a long time and I have heard every excuse for being late. Knowingly delivering a version that is really close, but still has a showstopper bug then saying "Oh crap, I must have given you the wrong version" is probably at the top of the list.

We love you Nefastus. Take your time and get it right. A little anticipation won't hurt us. ;)

Reactions: FrankFurters

Dragoonz99

Oct 17, 2017
Let me start by saying that I love what Nefastus is doing and I appreciate his effort! It can be really hard to estimate when you will complete a software project. Things happen.

That being said, I have been a software development manager for a long time and I have heard every excuse for being late. Knowingly delivering a version that is really close, but still has a showstopper bug then saying "Oh crap, I must have given you the wrong version" is probably at the top of the list.

We love you Nefastus. Take your time and get it right. A little anticipation won't hurt us. ;)
I was thinking something similar. Something along the lines of if he fixes the upload in a few hours, honest mistake. If its any longer than that he's absolutely still working on it. But like you said, I think we all want him to get it right, so personally Im not too beat up by it

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I was thinking something similar. Something along the lines of if he fixes the upload in a few hours, honest mistake. If its any longer than that he's absolutely still working on it. But like you said, I think we all want him to get it right, so personally Im not too beat up by it
I would prefer if he just honestly went: "hey something went wrong, there will be a delay" rather than lying. I dunno, maybe he really cannot get out from work, but considering how much time passed, he would have to work double shifts.
But yeah, I do not happen to be his patron, so what the hell do I care.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
I would prefer if he just honestly went: "hey something went wrong, there will be a delay" rather than lying. I dunno, maybe he really cannot get out from work, but considering how much time passed, he would have to work double shifts.
But yeah, I do not happen to be his patron, so what the hell do I care.
Well, I do believe they said as much:
hey something went wrong
I screwed up. Somehow I compiled and uploaded one of the test versions with an older, in progress version of the script
there will be a delay
when I get it uploaded(likely in the morning).

If you don't mind me asking, on what did you base your assumption of them lying about anything? I didn't get the impression of Nefastus being unreliable.

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
fuck you! Fuck you again. May the flees of 10 000 camels infest your ballsack.

you caught me again you bastard.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

edit. Makes note to self. Add lemonfreaks to that ignore listy-thingy.
Oh, he catches me every time. Don't think I've escaped it even once. But I've grown quite fond of the whole experience. It's an integral part of following this game.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
hey something went wrong
there will be a delay

If you don't mind me asking, on what did you base your assumption of them lying about anything? I didn't get the impression of Nefastus being unreliable.
It has almost been 24 hours, but he was unable to reupload the correct version?

Also nefastus has missed almost every deadline he set for himself. He acknowledges that, that is why he refused to set any more deadlines. I like his game, but yeah, he is quite unreliable concerning time management and communication.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
hey something went wrong
there will be a delay

I wonder if the people saying that he should have just been able to upload the right version as soon as he got home from work realise that he has to upload it, and pushing multiple gigabytes over the internet takes a lot more time to upload than download?

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes