Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Is the incest mod a mod that you can not use??????
That mod is fine. A lot of the issues came from confusion and my own screw ups this update. Latest patreon post has the updated files/script that should hopefully fix a majority of the issues. I don't personally share anything here until it goes public out of respect to the people who pledged, but someone will likely share the proper links soon.

Nefastus

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Also, I don't know if it was just me(I use a "mod" that makes the text box transparent and it caused problems before) but when taking Sandra with me it got an error because of bo_name not being defined, I worked around it but I thought it was worth a mention, and yes I downloaded and installed the "fix".
There was a fix after the fix lol. Should be resolved.

Reactions: Ghostly

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
So out of curiosity, anyone use the 'see all' option? If so what did you think of it as a mechanic, with the option at the end to pick the 'canon' choices going forward. Just wondering if it is worth considering going forward or if it's better to keep things simple and just warn when there are spots I think people should leave a save at.
I did not use it.

That said i'm completely okay with the option existing rather than not existing. It's a choice just like any other and letting us have that agency whether we use it or not is good.

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
Since apparently my problem is with the bo_name variable, what exactly is it? Does it matter at all what I define it as?

Nevermind, I got it working it seems.

Last edited:

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Since apparently my problem is with the bo_name variable, what exactly is it? Does it matter at all what I define it as?
It's the name of and i'm probably going to get the relationships confused....Your Brother In-Law
Atleast that's what i thought it was supposed to be but some of the dialogue this episode had me confused.

Just define it to whatever you want to name him. Use the console and type bo_name = "namehere"
replace namehere with whatever you want to call him.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
So one of the reviews says that you're forced to have sex with the daughters no matter what: is this true? Does this happen with any of the characters if so? I'd really like for my choices to have consequences in who I fuck lol.
You aren't supposed to be forced, and if you don't use the incest patch you aren't. If you do use that patch there is, or was last time I checked, a bug where you are unable to turn down Christine. Can be worked around by entering d1_romance = False into the console.

geunit

Jun 9, 2018
Let me take a stab at it.

1. download all 3 files from the first post of this thread (MidLifeCrisis-0.20-pc.zip, Midlife_Crisis_20to21.zip, 21FixedScript.zip)

Then stop and think about how many millions of stars there are in the Universe

2. Unpack MidLifeCrisis-0.20-pc.zip

3. Unpack Midlife_Crisis_20to21.zip and move both scripts.rpa and version21.rpa into your MidlifeCrisis/Game folder. Overwrite as needed.

4. Unpack 21FixedScript.zip and move scripts.rpa into your MidlifeCrisis/Game folder. Overwrite as needed and then start your game.

5. When you get to a certain part of the story you might see the following error

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/version21.rpy", line 3011, in script
if not bo_name:
File "game/version21.rpy", line 3011, in <module>
if not bo_name:
NameError: name 'bo_name' is not defined"

If you do then you can fix it by using unren.bat

Basically you want to use Option 3 Enable Console and Development Menu and once you've done that. Restart your game and

6. Press Shift-O in your game and at the console prompt write bo_name = 'whatevernameyouwanthere'

Or if you want to fix it permanently then use option 1 in unren.bat Extract RPA packages
and open up version21.rpy in an editor. add a "define" statement under the last default statement so it looks like this:

Line
13 default bailedout21v = False
14 define bo_name = ""

Save the file and restart your game

Then think about the stars again and how many there are and how a good chunk of them might like contain intelligent life.
And isn't it weird like we haven't been contacted yet? Maybe it's because we are not in the real universe at all. Maybe we are in a some high with a Toposophic rating of 6 or above has created
to make things clearer. The lines should be as such without the numbers

default bailedout21v = False
define bo_name = ""

the empty "" will tell the game to ask you to type in a name for that character. exactly like the beginning of most VNs when it asks for your custom name before it starts the story.

if default bailedout21v = is already there in the script, then there's no need to add it twice. otherwise you'll get forceclosed "line is defined twice" errors.

Reactions: Gary_Indiana

Jellyfish_xD

Jun 7, 2017
Midlife Crisis [0.21] Nefastus Games

Original Size Win/Linux: 3.80 GB
Update Patch to 0.21 : 272 MB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 833 MB
Compressed Size Mac: 816 MB

Update Patch to 0.21: MEGA
Win/Linux: MEGA
Mac: MEGA

Fix Script: MEGA

P.S. I got errors on bring the wife, but non on go alone or see it all.
Open console and type bo_name = 'name here' dont' forget the '' and the name in between.
why only MEGA wtf?

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
we are playing .21 now.............. Smart thing to do would be if it says .20 is download it and frame it, its a collectors item. If your having trouble try reading the last 4 pages because it isnt anything that can help you. So sorry

Jun 29, 2018
You aren't supposed to be forced, and if you don't use the incest patch you aren't. If you do use that patch there is, or was last time I checked, a bug where you are unable to turn down Christine. Can be worked around by entering d1_romance = False into the console.
Alright, thanks! The game looks neat, but I'm always worried when you don't get choices on who you have sex with in VN games because if you happen to not like that character then rip. Since you aren't supposed to be forced I'll check it out.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
So out of curiosity, anyone use the 'see all' option? If so what did you think of it as a mechanic, with the option at the end to pick the 'canon' choices going forward. Just wondering if it is worth considering going forward or if it's better to keep things simple and just warn when there are spots I think people should leave a save at.
Yes, I used it and it worked just fine. My only critisim, if it can be called that, is that there wasn't the option to make Jeremy watch the MFF threesome while not being allowed to touch himself :devilish:

Mechanically though, perfect, definitely do it in future and, if you have the time, maybe go back and add it other scenes such as going to bed with Sandra or calling Erica (leading it Amanda watching), the Erica/Tracy choice and the Christine/Amanda on the couch scene (the mod allows the latter one but not the others)

• Haha
Reactions: Snugglepuff

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Yes, I used it and it worked just fine. My only critisim, if it can be called that, is that there wasn't the option to make Jeremy watch the MFF threesome while not being allowed to touch himself :devilish:

Mechanically though, perfect, definitely do it in future and, if you have the time, maybe go back and add it other scenes such as going to bed with Sandra or calling Erica (leading it Amanda watching), the Erica/Tracy choice and the Christine/Amanda on the couch scene (the mod allows the latter one but not the others)
Who on earth is Tracy?

thesamp

Mar 26, 2018
why does this game hates old saves so much? o_O But k, i don't mind playing from the start, but i still wanna ask.

XerxesBlack

Jun 14, 2020
Of course not. Officially, all models are at least 18 years of age. :cool:
Thank you. I am interested in playing the game but, didn't want to see any "loli" scenes hence my query. Not really keen on playing a game with minor appearing characters even if their age is stated as 18. I know its a dev's creative/artistic license so I just make my own choice not to play those games, though not here to tell a dev what to do with his games.
Just here for the fun times :)

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes