Abaddon01

Feb 6, 2018
Some People missunderstood me. I was hoping for content was meant to be with Red and the daughters.....the Sis/Wife Share was awesome and amazing. I try to be more clear next time.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
won't they compress the game?
Devs rarely do to give those of us that want full quality, compression is usually done by a few forum dwellers.

If it hasn't been done yet, you'll have to wait.
Nefastus actually delivers compressed content. v21 consisted of 1,209 images and weighs in at 280.8 MiB with an average filesize of 235 KiB. Which most assuredly is way less than the original pngs rendered by DAZ. Seeing as the smallest file is 43 KiB and the largest 767 KiB in size, they also may be using variable quality settings (using tools like for instance).

Then again ;seek, and you will find;

i was initially against webp images, but then i downloaded xnconvert and was fine with converting a few images. then i downloaded irfanview which supports webp viewing so webp was great. for some reason in this update, a lot of webp files (but not all) give a warning in irfanview that says, "The file:~filename.webp is a JPG file with the incorrect extension! Rename?" Not sure why that's happening.
That's because those files actually are in jpeg format. At least according to imagemagick's identify.
Bash:
$ for f in $(find); do identify -quiet $f; done | rg JPEG | wc -l

Last edited:
Reactions: fregonard

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
y'know someone (not me, because I've go no skills) needs to create a tier list for Midlife crisis like we had in the WVM thread.

Loved the update (even if I did have to enable console). Just a tiny bit uncomfortable with the corrupting wife via Hailey, but soon thought it was great. So much story and I devoured it so quickly (ah well). Now I wouldn't mind doing something together with Erica and Tracy soon, but I'm excited to see what sober Sandra thinks of incest.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
y'know someone (not me, because I've go no skills) needs to create a tier list for Midlife crisis like we had in the WVM thread.

Loved the update (even if I did have to enable console). Just a tiny bit uncomfortable with the corrupting wife via Hailey, but soon thought it was great. So much story and I devoured it so quickly (ah well). Now I wouldn't mind doing something together with Erica and Tracy soon, but I'm excited to see what sober Sandra thinks of incest.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jack Dangers

Aug 3, 2017
All I can say is that:

1. I hope the game is fixed soon.

and...

2. Man, was I disappointed that Sarah stopped me in that bathroom. Because all I’ve wanted to do since she first started reading me is absolutely destroy that little redheaded vixen’s virgin butthole.

*ahem* What I meant to say was...let’s hope that warms her up to the idea of a bit of anal. ;)

JD

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
Well what with getting it sorted and real life, I finally got to the end.
In my opinion...
Content wise - What an excellent update, it was well worth sorting through the bugs.
My three complaints?
1 - wish the person writing the dialogue would learn how to use there, their and they're, your and you're. That got a bit distracting at times, but I know that's me being a pedant.
2 - the author is too obsessed with choice of names, really the only one that adds anything is the MC, for some people I have seen they like their own name in there. All the rest really is fluff and unneeded extra coding and as has been shown can cause issues.
3 -

Those that are having issues, use the search function, all the info needed is in the thread.

Those asking about the compressed version, one was done, but it was buggy due to errors with the script and a bunch of images got lost, so it was taken down.

Bugs
If you have your V20 hold onto that and download the fixed V20 to V21 update and that should do you.

The compressed version I think, is still linked, do a search that should find it. If you do you will need pictures from V16 to V21. You should be able to get the pictures from your V20 plus the V21 download... but then if you have V20 and download the update...

Broken saves, I found my old saves worked on an old compressed version (18) plus updates (V18-19, V19-20 and V20-21)
But they did not work on the compressed version.

Name not defined? Ctrl+O - variable = u"define name"

Last edited:
Reactions: 215303j

215303j

Great update, but the "fix" isn't fixing all of it...

In some paths, the brother-in-law's name isn't defined and you'll get an error message.
To solve it follow the following steps:
- Download UnRen and save the .bat file in the game's main folder (which contains MidLifeCrisis.exe
- Run it, select option 3 to enable the console
- Start the game
- Open console by pressing shift+O
- Type exactly the following:
define bo_name = "Jeremy"

The problem:

Beware spoilers:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Hailey/Sandra scene super hot, threesome with Sandra and Sis even hotter. Damn was that one great.
For me it wasn't even a question which choice I would prefer.

I really love how Nefastus writes incest sex scenes.

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017
Updated my Gallery Mod + Minor Fix for Midlife Crisis v0.21Fix: Here and

P.S if you like the game/mod please consider supporting the dev: Nefastus Games -

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
The show all option did the exact same thing, so if it worked for you, please explain how you got it to do so.
I downloaded the update patch, extracted it using 7zip and put in the 'game' folder of v0.20 (which also contained the incest patch and courteous mod). I did the same with the fix.

Leo90

Feb 17, 2018
All of you are talking about v21 fix, while here i am struggling to fix misssing images on v19. Do i really have to dl the full version?

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
All of you are talking about v21 fix, while here i am struggling to fix misssing images on v19. Do i really have to dl the full version?
As opposed to the compressed version? Yes, never download the compressed version as there will usually be problems created by the process.

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
As opposed to the compressed version? Yes, never download the compressed version as there will usually be problems created by the process.
Sorry, I have to disagree.
I always opt for compressed once it goes much over 1Gb.
Usually my biggest problem with them is that I have to wait while those brilliant compressers get to it. But I'm happy to wait.
When there have been issues, it's mostly with the code and I don't see how compressing would affect this, but I've shown my ignorance enough today. That said the minor issues which make up the vast majority of the issues I have had, have taught me a little about snooping around both the console and the games files. So it's not all bad.
YMMV, but don't forget also many people are on limited speeds and data allowances, so I think there is a very valid place for compressed versions.

Reactions: Famescua

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Here it worked in that order:

Win/Linux (v0.20) Full Version + Update (v0.20>v0.21 Fix) + v0.19 -> v0.20 Unofficial UPDATE (Incest)

Thank you developer, and thanks to everyone who helped to solve the problems, you are amazing. This game is fantastic.
:) (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: kiteares
4.40 star(s) 188 Votes