kevinwebben27

May 12, 2017
It's literally the last scene of the current content. So you may have quite a few days worth of play yet, if you've just been at the 'How would I like my wife to partake in my debauchery?'-scene.
I am at the end of the last update, but I still don't see the scene. could it be that I haven't made the right choices to unlock it. If so, what choices would I need to make to unlock the scene?

To give you guys an idea, It says that I have reached the end of the update when the MC's niece enters his room while he is sleeping next to his wife.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I am at the end of the last update, but I still don't see the scene. could it be that I haven't made the right choices to unlock it. If so, what choices would I need to make to unlock the scene?

To give you guys an idea, It says that I have reached the end of the update when the MC's niece enters his room while he is sleeping next to his wife.
You have to be using something out of date. Either a mod, a patch or an the vn itself is not up to date. Cause that is how the last update ended, not this one.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018

You seem to have hit a glitch that a lot of people have mentioned where the game isn't recognising the update. The first thing you could try is to roll back 6 or 7 screens from the end of v0.20 then try again as it's often the case that a save too close to the end of the previous content cause the update to not be recognised. If that doesn't work then you might try removing the gallery mod if you're using it as a number of people have had issues with that.

Beyond that there's not much I can do other than share a save from the end of v0.20 that worked for me (trans content on, open to sharing Sandra, incest patch and courteous mod installed, even though the latter is out of date)

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

kevinwebben27

May 12, 2017
You seem to have hit a glitch that a lot of people have mentioned where the game isn't recognising the update. The first thing you could try is to roll back 6 or 7 screens from the end of v0.20 then try again as it's often the case that a save too close to the end of the previous content cause the update to not be recognised. If that doesn't work then you might try removing the gallery mod if you're using it as a number of people have had issues with that.

Beyond that there's not much I can do other than share a save from the end of v0.20 that worked for me (trans content on, open to sharing Sandra, incest patch and courteous mod installed, even though the latter is out of date)
Yeah I don't know what I did, because I only use the incest patch, but thank you for all the info and I appreciate you sharing your save! I cant download it because my computer shows an error that the file doesn't have an app attached whatever that means.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019

Judging by their previous post, they were on their first playthrough and probably don't have a save sitting at the end of v0.20. It's more likely one of the mods is to blame… or not, apparently.
Got you. Something is definitely wrong then. The only patch I use is the incest patch. So I don't know what to do. Either way thanks for the comment
Did you download the full version v0.21 or did you patch v0.20 up to v.021? The former should work out of the box while the latter could fail if one doens't take care to overwrite the scripts.rpa already present inside the game's game folder. That's the only thing I can add to what Spfjolietjake and lemonfreak already told you.

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
I cant download it because my computer shows an error that the file doesn't have an app attached whatever that means.
Lemonfreak sent you a save with a mod attatched which is why renpy doesn't like it. Heres a file with Incest, curteous wife, trans. I think it's v20? let me know

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Lemonfreak sent you a save with a mod attatched which is why renpy doesn't like it. Heres a file with Incest, curteous wife, trans. I think it's v20? let me know
Not quite. The error message in question is basically windows complaining about there being no application associated with the file type .save.

Kevinwebben27, you need to put either save into the folder C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\MidLifeCrisis-1540398721 taking care not to overwrite one of your own saves. The numbers in the save's name denote page and slot inside the game's save menu.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Faster to put it in the save section in the midlife crisis game folder?
Yes, excellent suggestion. While I did not spend much time on gaining insight into the way the two save locations interacted, it seems that saves are generally stored at both locations but will also be picked up by the game on being only present in one of them.

nicestgamer

Modder
Feb 10, 2019
Greetings all,

I don't know if anyone from Nefastus Games visits these forums, but if you do, thank you for this jewel of a game. The story as presented, and its flow have been quite enjoyable to play through.

I really don't understand how this game doesn't have more support on and . This game has a massive amount of content which is also quite diverse in its subject matter. Please don't take this as a jab, but I can only guess its the early game renders. If you had renders like WVM by Braindrop or Bad Memories by recreation I bet you would be over $1000 a month at the least as you have a harem of girls rivaling WVM (15currently) and a much broader diversity of kinks to draw more types of people in. As a fan, could you imagine if Hailey looked anything like Ellie and Christine resembled Jada, and Amanda resembled C.J. from Bad Memories? If that were the case I bet you would be up closer to Braindrop type money. By the way recreation has some fabulous tutorials and tools, just saying in case you were unaware. Maybe more outreach through a discord channel or twitter handle would help. I don't know, maybe itch.io or steam? I only say the above out of respect, as I think you deserve great success and I would hate to see your group go away for some reason.

If the covid didn't have me unemployed I would surely at least do a 1 time donation through buymeacoffee or some other manner if presented. Since I have more freetime than money right now I have been doing WTMods and game compressions as my contribution to the community, so not being a complete leech.;)

Enough of that stuff, lets talk content especially from the wonderful .21 update/build.

Being the Bull in a NTR/Cuckold relationship. Finally a game where YOU get to play the part of the bull and not the weak assed bitch of a man.
screenshot0025.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Now THAT is how more NTR/Cucking games should do it. YOU get to be the bull.

I was going to add some fan fic to this post, but I am going to bed, maybe I will add it tomorrow after submitting more resumes.

monroe Suggested to be added to the game tags : ahego, NTR/Cuckold(you're the bull)

Have a great day/evening/night everyone,
Nicestgamer

PS: I know its just an odd angle to a render, but I think your wife Sandra would love to see Angela with a baby bump in the future. :devilish: Would also be a part of my fanfic.

Last edited:

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
While I did not spend much time on gaining insight into the way the two save locations interacted,
Basically the ones made in the game folder are so you can easily continue where you started on another machine/account just by copying the game and not having to hunt down the app data saves

Reactions: Darkaura

MetagrossMX

Jul 23, 2020
See, that's what you get for having not kissed the girl. Which in turn is probably the reason why no one happened upon it till now. ;)

It's a misspelled variable on line 1197 of version20.rpy which should read jpuresex (instead of j_puresex). As I'm not sure how the compatibility of your saves would be affected by you extracting said file and tinkering with it, your safest bet would be to just set the variable accordingly:
Hope this helps!

Give me a ping Vasili, one ping only please.
Hello i just saw the reply and changed j_puresex = jpuresex, i also went to an old save to kiss her and in the same scene i got another error now that:
NameError: name 'vpnch' is not defined
So far this vn is becoming in one of my favorites if not my favorite so far but im just stuck in this part, i hope you reply again because im enjoying this game so fcking much, greetings pro.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Truly outstanding update. Loved every bit of it. :love: :love: :love: Who says people lose interest once you have had sex with the character you desire? Way to go. (y)
Yeah totally i just want more of his sister now. Was so worth the wait but still hungry for more indeed

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
new here...quick question , usually updates how long untill they are made/released?2-3 months?or more?or less? if anyone could let me know i would be gratefull :)

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
Hello i just saw the reply and changed j_puresex = jpuresex, i also went to an old save to kiss her and in the same scene i got another error now that:
So far this vn is becoming in one of my favorites if not my favorite so far but im just stuck in this part, i hope you reply again because im enjoying this game so fcking much, greetings pro.
what are you doing to get those errors in the first place?
new here...quick question , usually updates how long untill they are made/released?2-3 months?or more?or less? if anyone could let me know i would be gratefull :)
Monthly usually

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Kissing her sets one on the romance path which would be another way to avoid the error, though setting the variable allows you to just play past the error which may be more to your liking.

As for the current error: that is an old bug which has been fixed, at least according to the current script files. Are you using the latest full version download or did you patch and old version?

See the below posts for details about said error and a possible way to circumvent it:
Hope this helps!

Not just that. This is one of the most consistently updated games. I don't think there was a single month without an update since I start following it a around September or October last year.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Kissing her sets one on the romance path which would be another way to avoid the error, though setting the variable allows you to just play past the error which may be more to your liking.

As for the current error: that is an old bug which has been fixed, at least according to the current script files. Are you using the latest full version download or did you patch and old version?

See the below posts for details about said error and a possible way to circumvent it:
Hope this helps!
Just for the record, I made that statement before the last update that actually had a two months period. But other than that, it stills holds, as that update was quite longer than usual.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes