Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
I see. So early in the game the choices are vague and are just to see if we are interested in the female characters.
But later in the game, the choices are more clear and tell you what will happen.
Nice, thanks. So I was stressing out for nothing :D

As to your point for the swinging/sharing. Every game I came across with the swinging tag has in some way humiliating the MC like his girlfriend/wife telling him how much better the other dude feels. Or in sharing situations, the gf/wife pays more attention to the other dude and pretty much forgets who her man is. Or the gf/wife becomes crazy for other dudes dicks etc ...
Usually when swinging/sharing happens in such games, the love is gone between MC and his gf/wife. No more sweet and romantic moments between them. No more love talk, about how much they love each other. The talks become about how good other dudes are. And the gf/wife just thinks of others and cant wait for another encounter to happen.
Swinging/sharing is just NTR.
Well, there's a huge difference between sharing and netorare, to my mind. But I can easily see developers of either content falling into kind of the same mindset. Especially as half of the latest titles being tagged sharing are also tagged ntr… I haven't played many games with sharing scenes (especially none that feature them heavily) and apart from this one, only Deliverance comes to mind of getting it right, so the situation may in fact be as grim as you're describing it. Not sure if I actually would enjoy investigating though. :oops:

Reactions: Snugglepuff

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Well, there's a huge difference between sharing and netorare, to my mind.
I'd say your mind is correct, since they're separate things.

Although as we've both seen (ad nauseam) some egos refuse to acknowledge that reality.

:EDIT:
Judging by that lovely +1 point from the facepalm FunFuntome gave, I'd say my words are being proven correct. :LOL:

Last edited:

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I got an update from Patreon:
We usually don't contact creators directly, unless we have to investigate any issues in their accounts.

But I will try my best to get you an update and I will get back to you if I find anything that could be useful.

Let me know if you have any questions and thank you for your help with this!
Sounds like they didn't just brush me off. If I get another update, I'll let you know.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I got an update from Patreon:

Sounds like they didn't just brush me off. If I get another update, I'll let you know.
It would be nice to know he is alright.

Thanks for doing this. I am surprised they would do anything, but it is a very welcome surprise.

Reactions: JJJ84

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
It would be nice to know he is alright.

Thanks for doing this. I am surprised they would do anything, but it is a very welcome surprise.
Patreon aren't going to tell us anything. Either they'll do nothing at all or they'll shut down his account.

• Sad
Reactions: Ayhsel

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Patreon aren't going to tell us anything. Either they'll do nothing at all or they'll shut down his account.
Yeah. First they won't get any information beyond the Patreonee's own statements, second: whatever they get is of course confidential as hell due to privacy.

However, the information "we have contacted him and he has replied" would be possible (I guess) and very welcome.

Reactions: User1230 and Ayhsel

NotTheReal16

May 18, 2018
Just download the windows version, copy the game folder that comes with it and paste it inside the Mac 0.2.4 app, overwriting the game folder that's at (right click, show package content) /Contents/resources/autorun. Boom, Mac version!
How to do that with my save files? Different game but just curious

Limited20

Aug 4, 2020
Doubt the game will die. At least for now, there is no need to be worried. Last post he made was in the end of June on his patreon.

I dont know how the devs does things, but maybe he is one of those that goes dark and works on the updates and fixes.

I mean I just came to a point the game where I got a Dev Msg saying that he screwed some of the scripts and then the game asked me questions who I am romancing and who I am not romancing.

Maybe he went dark to fixes everything in the early versions of the game and then add his usual 400+ renders.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
The only time you would need to access your own saves would be to transfer them between machines or architectures (if switching from Win to Linux, for instance), so it's most useful if you want to use save files provided by the dev or another member. See the on where to find the global save directory on your architecture and either sift through the directories in there or look at the configured variable (which often requires unpacking the script files first). Here's the relevant info for MidLifeCrisis:
Bash:
$ rg save_directory
options.rpy
137:## Windows: %APPDATA\RenPy\<config.save_directory>
139:## Macintosh: $HOME/Library/RenPy/<config.save_directory>
141:## Linux: $HOME/.renpy/<config.save_directory>
146:define config.save_directory = "MidLifeCrisis-1540398721"

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
Save files for Ren'py are not kept in the game package and are platform agnostic. So if you upgrade a Mac Ren'py game by means of the windows version, it will pick up the save files just fine.

Mind: if the dev used a different version of Ren'py between updates, this method may cause problems.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
You can find them in the game package, which is easier than hunting them down in app data.
But you will only find what you're looking for if you've not switched versions since, or taken great care to always copy or move saves over to new versions. Granted new saves will be created at both locations, game/saves and config.save_directory are not kept in sync and saves in the latter do take precedence over saves in the former. So your best bet is to always use the configured save directory should you want or need to backup or manipulate saves.

Reactions: NotTheReal16

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
But you will only find what you're looking for if you've not switched versions since, or taken great care to always copy or move saves over to new versions. Granted new saves will be created at both locations, game/saves and config.save_directory are not kept in sync and saves in the latter do take precedence over saves in the former. So your best bet is to always use the configured save directory should you want or need to backup or manipulate saves.
Yes, that has caught me a few times.

There are actually a few mid-tier games in my queue that have move farther down because I will have to start over.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I see. So early in the game the choices are vague and are just to see if we are interested in the female characters.
But later in the game, the choices are more clear and tell you what will happen.
Nice, thanks. So I was stressing out for nothing :D

As to your point for the swinging/sharing. Every game I came across with the swinging tag has in some way humiliating the MC like his girlfriend/wife telling him how much better the other dude feels. Or in sharing situations, the gf/wife pays more attention to the other dude and pretty much forgets who her man is. Or the gf/wife becomes crazy for other dudes dicks etc ...
Usually when swinging/sharing happens in such games, the love is gone between MC and his gf/wife. No more sweet and romantic moments between them. No more love talk, about how much they love each other. The talks become about how good other dudes are. And the gf/wife just thinks of others and cant wait for another encounter to happen.
Swinging/sharing is just NTR.
This is one thing I want to cover when I finally have the skills to make my own game. It will be more polyamory than swinging in focus.

Limited20

Aug 4, 2020
This is one thing I want to cover when I finally have the skills to make my own game. It will be more polyamory than swinging in focus.
Polyamory is much closer to NTR than swinging/sharing.

I agree with the comments in the last page that sharing/swinging is NOT ntr.
But the reason I say sharing/swiging are NTR, is because devs just cant make it right. They make it towards more jealousy, rather than the gf/wife focusing on the MC. Devs just make swining and sharing feel like NTR.
Thats why I said this in my previous comment
"Every game I came across with the swinging tag has in some way humiliating the MC like his girlfriend/wife telling him how much better the other dude feels. Or in sharing situations, the gf/wife pays more attention to the other dude and pretty much forgets who her man is. Or the gf/wife becomes crazy for other dudes dicks etc ...
"
Thats why when a game has sharing/swinging I just ask or try to find out if its avoidable, since I know its going to have ntr elements, not even worth checking it out lol

On the point on Polyamory, multiple males and females in a open relationship.
The player will always feel cucked or jealouse in this type of situation. No way to avoid it. Doesnt matter if the dev makes the dudes bi or best friends or brothers or trans or futa or whatever...
Making a polyamory game is pretty much a lost cause. Probably only NTR fans will get some enjoyment out of it. And maybe some Female Players.
Simply put the game will be an NTR game in the eyes of almost everyone and will get the tag.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Polyamory is much closer to NTR than swinging/sharing.

I agree with the comments in the last page that sharing/swinging is NOT ntr.
But the reason I say sharing/swiging are NTR, is because devs just cant make it right. They make it towards more jealousy, rather than the gf/wife focusing on the MC. Devs just make swining and sharing feel like NTR.
Thats why I said this in my previous comment
"Every game I came across with the swinging tag has in some way humiliating the MC like his girlfriend/wife telling him how much better the other dude feels. Or in sharing situations, the gf/wife pays more attention to the other dude and pretty much forgets who her man is. Or the gf/wife becomes crazy for other dudes dicks etc ...
"
Thats why when a game has sharing/swinging I just ask or try to find out if its avoidable, since I know its going to have ntr elements, not even worth checking it out lol

On the point on Polyamory, multiple males and females in a open relationship.
The player will always feel cucked or jealouse in this type of situation. No way to avoid it. Doesnt matter if the dev makes the dudes bi or best friends or brothers or trans or futa or whatever...
Making a polyamory game is pretty much a lost cause. Probably only NTR fans will get some enjoyment out of it. And maybe some Female Players.
Simply put the game will be an NTR game in the eyes of almost everyone and will get the tag.
Well, I kinda disagree. First, my experience with Swinging/Sharing (which I do not like but sometimes it comes along in a good game and isn't a deal breaker) is different. I have not experienced any "oh, he's much better than you" or similar so far. Which would annoy me just as much as you. Then - depending on the setup - the "more attention to the other guy" part in a way makes sense, you try something you do not have everyday at home. And after all, this isn't supposed to be a competition "we both fuck her, but I will do so 30 seconds more" or similar.

Finally, I think we have to differentiate between how the MC feels and how the player feels. The MC can be steered by the dev, the player can only be led. Some will scream "NTR" when their LI so much as orders the pizza from a male waiter. But that cannot be controlled by the dev and reflected by the tags. Similarily if the MC is in polyamory relationship (which would not be my kink either, in these games as in real life I want the girls to be exclusive to me - the difference is that in real life I am also exclusive and indeed have no real interest in trying MFF or similar, which are okay in games) that does not have to mean that the player feels cucked. You may. I probably would, too (haven't seen any game really including it), others may not.

However for the purpose of your original question I can only say: I don't see the scene in this game as being cucked. My canon playthrough will still see the other guy out, but the scene plays out just fine without jealousy elements for me.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes