lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Aww. Don't say that. I am sure you looked way better. Who's my handsome little lemonfreak?
Aw shucks.

I did get so bored during lockdown that i worked out excessively and got abs for the first time ever. Sadly, resumption of normal life coupled with my other lockdown hobby, homebrewed beer, has robbed me of them :(

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
MC and Wife decide to open up their relationship quite early on. I don't remember the exact order of things, but I think cheating on her before is definitely possible. It may be possible to avoid fucking anyone else till then and still get the proper experience, but I'm not sure about that.
If I am not mistaken, before your first talk with Sandra, there is only one possible Erica scene (easily accomplished or easily avoided) and the possibility to be an inappropriate or a professional boss (though AFAIK whatever you do there does have no importance for later stories.

But yeah, I agree that right now leaving a girl out probably only leads to missing scenes but the whole story itself kinda falls apart.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
If I am not mistaken, before your first talk with Sandra, there is only one possible Erica scene (easily accomplished or easily avoided) and the possibility to be an inappropriate or a professional boss (though AFAIK whatever you do there does have no importance for later stories.

But yeah, I agree that right now leaving a girl out probably only leads to missing scenes but the whole story itself kinda falls apart.
Yeah, as far as I can remember, before the wife agrees to open the relationship, your choices are to cheat on her with a prostitute, or remain faithful…I kinda felt like you’re a pice of crap if you cheat on your loving wife and then she tells you that you can have sex with other women… :oops:

Reactions: Yngling

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I can wait, judging by the level of activity in the bug report section of Nef's discord there must be a shitload of typos that want fixing fisrt

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
In all seriousness, I do read AVNs, as long as the image to text ratio is reasonable; 1-3 text boxes over a static image is fine but beyond that and I'm going into preferences, selecting Unseen Text, and hitting ctrl a lot
Same here. Some devs go overboard with diarrhea of dialogue/internal monologue. More importantly, the text must contribute to building up the character, the scene, or progressing the story. Otherwise it's just filler to make the game seem longer.

Reactions: notBatman747

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Same here. Some devs go overboard with diarrhea of dialogue/internal monologue. More importantly, the text must contribute to building up the character, the scene, or progressing the story. Otherwise it's just filler to make the game seem longer.
Oh, I know the perfect example of that. Two groups of three meet, everybody greets everybody else, in an individual textbox. That's 9 lines of dialogue "A: Hello B", "B: Hello C", and so forth. Even though there are - I think - some individual renders for that, that's not good storytelling, though the dev insists it be "realistic". Which I doubt, but even if, there is a reason why hardly anybody goes to the toilet in a movie: it is realistic, but - as per your criteria - it does not build character ("Oh, he is one of the guys who indeed does poop - that completely changes my perception of him" is a sentence heard only occasionally), nor the scene, nor the story.

My solution however is not to enable "Skip Unseen Text" but to enable "Skip Novel". Only pretty pictures aren't enough for me. Although sometimes minor accidents happen, Mr Dots is famous for having explanatory dialogue, e. g. in Melody multiple lines of talking about the effect of different beverages on your vocal chords. Still, I skim the lines, but otherwise I read everything - or nothing anymore.

Edit: fixed annoying typo

Last edited:

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Oh, I know the perfect example of that. Two groups of three meet, everybody greets everybody else, in an individual textbox. That's 9 lines of dialogue "A: Hello B", "B: Hello C", and so forth. Even though there are - I think - some individual renders for that, that's not good storytelling, though the dev insists it be "realistic". Which I doubt, but even if, there is a reason why hardly anybody goes to the toilet in a movie: it is realistic, but - as per your criteria - it does not build character ("Oh, he is one of the guys who indeed does poop - that completely changes my perception of him" is a sentence heard only occasionally), nor the scene, nor the story.

My solution however is not to enable "Skip Unseen Text" but to enable "Skip Novel". Only pretty pictures aren't enough for me. Although sometimes minor accidents happen, Mr Dots is famous for haven explanatory dialogue, e. g. in Melody multiple lines of talking about the effect of different beverages on your vocal chords. Still, I skim the lines, but otherwise I read everything - or nothing anymore.
lol you must have seen my posts about Mr.Dots at some point. He is probably #1 on my offender list of shit writing/dialogue.

But to keep this on topic, I don't think Nefastus' writing is perfect, either...but I do find it very enjoyable to read and his sexy scenes to be very hot. It's a perfect combo for me.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
lol you must have seen my posts about Mr.Dots at some point. He is probably #1 on my offender list of shit writing/dialogue.

But to keep this on topic, I don't think Nefastus' writing is perfect, either...but I do find it very enjoyable to read and his sexy scenes to be very hot. It's a perfect combo for me.
Nope, I did find out about Mr Dots myself ;) - though in general I still find Melody very enjoyable and DMD at least the first two chapters playworthy (also for historical reasons, in its time it was something). Sunshine Love however, everything (not only the writing, also many renders) feel "posed for the audience", they just lack the flow.

Which brings us back to Nef. The overall story is basically nonexistent (look, girls, let's have fun), only the "Sandra is on board" angle is something unique in the way it's presented. And individual texts suffer from many spelling, grammar and similar errors. However, the writing of the sentences, the setting up of the scenes, and (to a certain degree) the development of the characters are absolutely fan-fucking-waitforit-tastic and put almost anybody else here to shame. Everything flows, everything is in place, it feels more real, despite its utter ridiculousness, than many more grounded VNs.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Nope, I did find out about Mr Dots myself ;) - though in general I still find Melody very enjoyable and DMD at least the first two chapters playworthy (also for historical reasons, in its time it was something). Sunshine Love however, everything (not only the writing, also many renders) feel "posed for the audience", they just lack the flow.
I've played all 3. I quit Sunshine Love due to a save-breaking update because I just couldn't bring myself to even CTRL through his torturous dialogue. I'll suffer through the rest of DMD since it's almost done now.

Which brings us back to Nef. The overall story is basically nonexistent (look, girls, let's have fun), only the "Sandra is on board" angle is something unique in the way it's presented. And individual texts suffer from many spelling, grammar and similar errors. However, the writing of the sentences, the setting up of the scenes, and (to a certain degree) the development of the characters are absolutely fan-fucking-waitforit-tastic and put almost anybody else here to shame. Everything flows, everything is in place, it feels more real, despite its utter ridiculousness, than many more grounded VNs.
Yeap, I can agree with you there. I typically don't like harem stories, but this does it so well and add to that it touches on some of my top kinks. Each update has been very enjoyable for me.

Reactions: CircaAD
4.40 star(s) 188 Votes