Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
Oh, I know the perfect example of that. Two groups of three meet, everybody greets everybody else, in an individual textbox. That's 9 lines of dialogue "A: Hello B", "B: Hello C", and so forth. Even though there are - I think - some individual renders for that, that's not good storytelling, though the dev insists it be "realistic". Which I doubt, but even if, there is a reason why hardly anybody goes to the toilet in a movie: it is realistic, but - as per your criteria - it does not build character ("Oh, he is one of the guys who indeed does poop - that completely changes my perception of him" is a sentence heard only occasionally), nor the scene, nor the story.
Honestly, everyone greeting everyone else individually isn't all that realistic. IRL, you'll usually have one person from each group essentially greet the other group for them with a simple, "Hey guys, what's up?" or similar. Basically just a couple quick collective greetings.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
I can wait, judging by the level of activity in the bug report section of Nef's discord there must be a shitload of typos that want fixing fisrt
I wouldn't say a shitload, but there were a few. I think they have all been caught.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Nope, I did find out about Mr Dots myself ;) - though in general I still find Melody very enjoyable and DMD at least the first two chapters playworthy (also for historical reasons, in its time it was something). Sunshine Love however, everything (not only the writing, also many renders) feel "posed for the audience", they just lack the flow.
I don't know, the biggest problem I had with Melody was the completely clueless understanding of the music business (start with this - studio musicians are NOT "second tier," they are the guys who are so fucking good they don't have time to do anything but go from session to session 12 hours a day, and couldn't go out on tour for anything, because they are just too damn busy!!!! Back in the day, there was a group of about 100 session musicians around the country who played on about 90% of the records on the charts. The guys in the band rarely played on the records, back then, and even today, the session guys are called in when the guys in the band can't cut it.)

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Honestly, everyone greeting everyone else individually isn't all that realistic. IRL, you'll usually have one person from each group essentially greet the other group for them with a simple, "Hey guys, what's up?" or similar. Basically just a couple quick collective greetings.
Completely agreed, which is why I said "I doubt it". If you are down to handshake greetings and the groups are small enough, everybody will quickly do it in paralell over here, but verbally a "hi all" is the way to go, maybe even only a nod. Otherwise it'd soon be "let's all meet up tonight" (evening:) "A: Hi B", "B: Hi C" (...) "Oh, look how the time flies, we should do this again one day, goodbye for now".

I don't know, the biggest problem I had with Melody was the completely clueless understanding of the music business (start with this - studio musicians are NOT "second tier," they are the guys who are so fucking good they don't have time to do anything but go from session to session 12 hours a day, and couldn't go out on tour for anything, because they are just too damn busy!!!! Back in the day, there was a group of about 100 session musicians around the country who played on about 90% of the records on the charts. The guys in the band rarely played on the records, back then, and even today, the session guys are called in when the guys in the band can't cut it.)
That I wouldn't know as much though I suspected about it. But yeah, if you know about some specific line of work, it would be grating, I get that in other stuff (not only VNs, movies and TV series are guilty of a lot of this stuff as well).

Oh man... "A Knight's Tale", anyone? <killmenow>
Wasn't thinking about that, not gonna name and shame, but it seems to be common ...

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Otherwise it'd soon be "let's all meet up tonight" (evening:) "A: Hi B", "B: Hi C" (...) "Oh, look how the time flies, we should do this again one day, goodbye for now".
Had that with a colleague in RL. He knows a lot of people and tried to greet them personally. If my memory serves me well, he needed over a hour for that and then you would also need the same time to say goodbye. :LOL:

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
Have to say I'm disappointed that none of you spotted the deliberate typo in a post about typos
I apologize for mssing the typo. I Trie to point thme out wen I see them but missed that won. I blame the EVIL Nefastus because I am STILL traumatized after the Chocolate Chip Cookie Scene where our HEROIC MC was denied. Of course, I was ALSO averting my eyes to avoid Sneakee Rock Pictures. :)

Just a thought

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Have to say I'm disappointed that none of you spotted the deliberate typo in a post about typos
Oh, I noticed, but it's an internet comment. I'm not your editor, and your joke is (sorry to say) old (though that is, I suppose, the note I would give - cliche joke, find something new, or at least not broing). I gave Nef the benefit of some corrections because MLC is a published work, and one I enjoy a great deal.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

kevcolqaz

Jan 10, 2019
so now only the general Needs the release for this game right? is there any hero who can release it faster?

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes