The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
I hope the game is not abandoned yet, I really like it.
It is somehow wholesome.
Since there is a wee-bit of confusion from newcomers regarding the Abandoned Tag, here are some cursory rules.

-The abandoned tag will be applied to the game's thread after 3 months of the developer going radio silent on every platform (Patreon/Subscribstar). Not sure how Discord works.
-Or, the Abandoned tag will be applied if the developer is still talking about the game for up to 18 months, but has yet to produce an actual game-update.

The last we saw of him was over on Discord was on Jan 12th, and he exclaimed how he burned his hand with a Mower. There are talks of the game, but nothing that really says: "Here's definitive progress, and this is what I am working on"; just chit-chat about everyone's favorite girls. And of course, the last time we heard anything on Patreon was December 8th... so dude's going on 2 months over there.
However, he did let us know some shitty drama went down with his extended family, so I think his longtime fans are giving him the benefit of the doubt... mostly.
Personally, I just know this is how Nef operates, and has so for years now. Says the next update is coming "soon", disappears for 1 or 2 months, emerges with a progress report, releases the update, says he's going to communicate more and relay progress every Sunday, rinse and repeat. However, at the end of that strange cycle, you get an update to one of the best VNs ever.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
The Topic OP can also set the abandonment tag themselves, correct?
Did you not read the post above yours before commenting?

Here, directly from the for the site:

Abandoned: used in the following cases:
  • The developer states that the development has been permanently suspended. (Nefastus has not stated as such)
  • After 3 months of inactivity from the developer's public creator/crowdfunding accounts (Patreon, SS, etc), we will resolve special circumstances or scenarios on a case-by-case basis (no creator accounts, creators developing for free, Patreon accounts under review/ban). (Nefastus last posted on Subscribestar 8 Dec 2023, that makes 8 Mar 2024 the earliest for the 3 months)
  • No game update has been released for an abnormally long period of time (>18 months). (Should Nefastus post occasionally on his accounts or here and not release anything, currently 7 Mar 2025 is the earliest for the 18 months)
  • Game threads that are marked On-hold for over 6 months with no game update. (Does not apply here)
  • Note: this prefix is only removed upon the release of a new update for purchase/download.
And even then, there should be a request by a member here at/after the date of possible assignment of the prefix. Not in the thread, but using the REPORT button in the first post of the thread. That's when a thread owner or other staff member will consider adding the prefix.

I hope this clarifies how the prefix works for the peanut gallery.

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
I miss the early Nef! Man was a machine. But this has indeed been his MO for years now, altough I don't know if i buy a lawnmower accident but who knows? Besides, I pirated everything so I don't really get a say. ;)
I wouldn't say the lawnmower accident was the catalyst (I think that was just random funny shit that happened that he wanted to tell the Discord about), more so the family drama. I don't want to get into his personal specifics, but I'd want a short hiatus, too, after what he described.
I know I tend to hold Nef's feet to the fire when it comes to corresponding with us (especially us patrons) about MLC, but I personally feel for the dude, completely, when it comes to this topic.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: oldman1980

Fatalfury10

Dec 15, 2020
It honestly nust dawned on to me that MC's name is actually Steve Smith.

download.png

So it looks like we're playing as that dude but in the future. Stan Smith would be proud of how Steve turned out I think. Unless we're talking about Midlife Crisis Dark. Thats another story lol.

RainbowRobo

May 9, 2023
It honestly nust dawned on to me that MC's name is actually Steve Smith.

View attachment 3324254

So it looks like we're playing as that dude but in the future. Stan Smith would be proud of how Steve turned out I think. Unless we're talking about Midlife Crisis Dark. Thats another story lol.
Holy crap, that's totally my dark headcanon now.

My regular midlife save though, totally renames MC, so that doesn't count.

Reactions: CircaAD

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
I don't know anything more that than what The Wicked One has written. Perhaps he has some news?
Unfortunately, nothing yet over on Patreon, or Discord. One of the Discord mods reached out through private means, but still no ping back. To be frank, the MLC Discord thread has become a conversational wasteland, and there is shit being discussed over there.
So... anyone knows if there is anything wrong again with Nef? Last patreon post was on December 8th.
I apologize, but as frustrating as this is, this is just how Nef operates. I don't want to get into his personal affairs, but the family bullshit he described on the Discord thread late December would cause me to want to go silent for a bit... and I have zero feelings.
He asked me, and couple of other people over on the Discord thread to politely "poke" him, and remind him to post a Sunday status updates. I will try to "poke" him today, but won't really do any good if he isn't even logging onto the Discord thread.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes