girlfairdev

Mar 15, 2020
maybe he is a milker or he abandoned the game, who knows.
I don't think he's a milker, when the updates came, albeit after a while, they were usually pretty substantial. Not a milker's MO. As for abandonment, you may be right, who knows. It's almost a given you have to expect anymore. So many good projects end up in the abandoned pile. It's truly shame if this ends up being one of them, but not a surprise.

Reactions: peas

turgsh01

Apr 13, 2020
I don't think he's a milker, when the updates came, albeit after a while, they were usually pretty substantial. Not a milker's MO.
Agreed. Milkers are usually the best at manipulating and dragging things out. This doesn't feel like that at all. So it's likely just 1 of the other 2 options.

Mahony

Jun 2, 2017
If you're a dev it's not that hard to avoid an abandoned tag, you literally just have to post somewhere (other than discord iirc), saying "yo, I'm alive there's difficulties, games not abandoned" and boom the tag is avoided.

3 months of silence is more than enough time for the abandoned tag, I don't think this is abandoned yet but, it won't be the first case of a dev biting off more than he can chew story wise gets frustrated and throwing the baby out with the bath water, nor will it be the last.

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
That actually just validates what I said. He disappears and then comes back with an update. Sounds like a possible anti-social person to me. I'm not saying that this is for sure the case... maybe he is a milker or he abandoned the game, who knows. But the possibility of just being anti-social can easily be a possibility too.
It doesn't validate anything. He is super-active on Discord, and interacts with us often... until he says he is going to deliver an update and he ghosts. Honestly, it could be he had to go back to work and lacks time, it could be he just doesn't give a shit anymore. It could be anything.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
Except there's nothing random about it?
All abandoned tags on this site mean nothing and this game is proof. It's been on this game before and then removed when the game was updated. It happens on a lot of games. It's a guess that doesn't mean anything.

I get that it's a tool to warn people that a game hasn't been updated in a while and the dev has been silent, but everyone treats the tag as gospel when it's anything but.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Family Matters
Corrupted Love
Family Man
C-Plan
Buried Desires
My Sweet Neighbors
Lewd Story
My Lovely Sara
Love and Submission
Duality
The Roots of Lust
Wings of Silicon
Divergence BtS
Family Again
False Hero
Bad Teacher
My Model Daughter
Oopsy Daisy
Bad Days
Bloody Passion
A.O.A. Academy
Redwood
Stay True Stay You
New Life with My Daughter
Angel of Innocence

That's just a short list of the games I was actually following, playing and getting into. I just can't let myself get invested in these games anymore. They finish, or they don't.
Lots of good games on that list and it's sad to see it.

I think the subscriber business model is fundamental to this.

It has good a bad sides.

On the good side:
- a dev can get a bit of motivation money, this may make him stick around longer than if it were just a hobby
- us players can watch a story being built up and can interact with the dev and other players about that

On the bad side:
- At some point a dev may still lose interest, leading to abandonment of a game where people feel invested in, either as actual "investors" or just as players.

Overall I don't know. But I do know that at this moment, we have way more, and better, adult games than back in the days when only a handful of Japanese studio's were making them. I guess we actually (and reluctantly) have to thank Patreon for that...

gregonzole

Aug 10, 2017
If you're a dev it's not that hard to avoid an abandoned tag, you literally just have to post somewhere (other than discord iirc), saying "yo, I'm alive there's difficulties, games not abandoned" and boom the tag is avoided.

3 months of silence is more than enough time for the abandoned tag, I don't think this is abandoned yet but, it won't be the first case of a dev biting off more than he can chew story wise gets frustrated and throwing the baby out with the bath water, nor will it be the last.
And then you have some devs like timepants with Exiles who used to post here and on patreon up until a year ago saying the game's not abandoned. He's still posting on discord but the game will be 3 years without an update in May.

• Haha
Reactions: Grelk

Pedrocas77

Aug 19, 2017
And this is why i stopped supporting devs until the *COMPLETE* tag is up, or they can be trusted to follow though to the end.

RIP, my first and fav game from this site.

View attachment 3444833
Ive learned that lesson well, the 4 games ive supported as high tier only 1 was completed. Never again, thats why i lmao when a white knight comes and says REEEEEEEEEE you cant complain because you're getting it for free ...

mafarus

Apr 29, 2023
I, of course, am also upset that the game was labeled “abandoned,” however, there have already been examples of the game being revived, so it may be too early to put an end to this game. Well, I hope so, because the product, although without animations, is not bad at all.

Reactions: Blank8571
4.40 star(s) 188 Votes