Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
...damn u dudes care too much about what the name of the tag is......doesn't matter what the name is......same reactions will happen....u dum dums.....
...fuckin hell....go fap....touch some grass.......
View attachment 3446741
LOL. Quite the opposite. I'm just tired of seeing pages and pages of people suddenly going apeshit over the abandoned tag when it doesn't mean what the tag says. I honestly thing this site just loves the drama for the traffic it brings and does this stuff on purpose.

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
LOL. Quite the opposite. I'm just tired of seeing pages and pages of people suddenly going apeshit over the abandoned tag when it doesn't mean what the tag says. I honestly thing this site just loves the drama for the traffic it brings and does this stuff on purpose.
....why u care tho......u can just walk away....and do smth else....
...it's been what 2 pages....of arguing....tag bad.......

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
I personally would get rid of abandoned altogether if it were my call. There is an implied finality in that tag and a LOT of people read that into it. Inactive allows the users to make up their own minds relative to how long the game has been inactive or if they have contact with the Dev by some other means.

There's just no way to ever know when/if a game has truly been abandoned short of the Dev saying "I'm done"
For inactive games, there is an "on hold" tag that signifies that the Dev is still around, they just don't have time to work on the game. As for the "Abandoned" tag, I don't see it as an apocalyptic finality but as a "quick glance of the eye" way to see if a game has been updated while you're scrolling the site. Or a way to see if the developer has gone silent about it. I wish I could say the Abandoned tag helps with the classic "Update When?" question, but I've been surprised more than once on this site.
As for the Dev saying "I'm done", there are so many other games on this site where their silence for months and years speaks volumes.
MLC may not be dead as disco, but by F95zone rules, the dev has been gone for 3 months.

Reactions: Lerd0

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
For inactive games, there is an "on hold" tag that signifies that the Dev is still around, they just don't have time to work on the game. As for the "Abandoned" tag, I don't see it as an apocalyptic finality but as a "quick glance of the eye" way to see if a game has been updated while you're scrolling the site. Or a way to see if the developer has gone silent about it. As for the Dev saying "I'm done", there are so many other games on this site where their silence for months and years speaks volumes.
MLC may not be dead as disco, but by F95zone rules, the dev has been gone for 3 months.
You're basically saying what I've been saying. You and I know the Abandoned tag doesn't actually mean abandoned. But there are many who take it as face value and it causing endless gnawing and nashing of teeth, many times for no reason when the game gets an update a week or a month later.

All I'm saying is change the name of the tag so that fewer people read too much into it.

And "On Hold" is different. That one is actually accurate because it's the Dev saying "I'm on a break" Will they ever come back? Who knows.

Reactions: turgsh01

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
And yet posting one post after another into a game thread and discussing about the prefix "Abandoned" is right, wrong or wahtever.
@ all, this goes most likely against rule 2 of the general rules.

Reactions: Lerd0

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
And yet posting one post after another into a game thread and discussing about the prefix "Abandoned" is right, wrong or wahtever.
@ all, this goes most likely against rule 2 of the general rules.
Yeah, but now that the rant is out of my system, I feel better. :ROFLMAO:

And I'll patiently await the F95 stazi to blow the whole conversation into the ether.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
For inactive games, there is an "on hold" tag that signifies that the Dev is still around, they just don't have time to work on the game. As for the "Abandoned" tag, I don't see it as an apocalyptic finality but as a "quick glance of the eye" way to see if a game has been updated while you're scrolling the site. Or a way to see if the developer has gone silent about it. I wish I could say the Abandoned tag helps with the classic "Update When?" question, but I've been surprised more than once on this site.
As for the Dev saying "I'm done", there are so many other games on this site where their silence for months and years speaks volumes.
I still say they need to be consistent. Why 3 months for some and 6 or more months for others? There's no consistency.

Reactions: HornyyPussy

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
You're basically saying what I've been saying. You and I know the Abandoned tag doesn't actually mean abandoned. But there are many who take it as face value and it causing endless gnawing and nashing of teeth, many times for no reason when the game gets an update a week or a month later.

All I'm saying is change the name of the tag so that fewer people read too much into it.

And "On Hold" is different. That one is actually accurate because it's the Dev saying "I'm on a break" Will they ever come back? Who knows.
No, I am not saying what're you are saying. I am saying the abandoned tag means the dev abandoned the game. Whether temporarily, or permanently, this game is abandoned. And whether this game gets an update today, next week, next month, or next year, or, sadly, even never, it is still unoccupied, neglected, ditched, dumped, INACTIVE, or forsaken. Everyone knows what abandoned means, and it's well established here, and using a synonym wont make a difference.
I think people who've been around can easily look at that tag and get it. If people want to hold out hope that an abandoned tag will disappear, well then they got more hope than I.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I still say they need to be consistent. Why 3 months for some and 6 or more months for others? There's no consistency.
Because there are 20-odd staff and 17,000 games. They don't actively monitor the threads for "abandoned" / "inactive" / "missing in action" games. They rely on:
  • People who use the REPORT button in a thread's first post to notify the staff of a game that hasn't had an update in a period of time and no word from the developer
  • Their own personal list of games they like, and knowing personally about what's going on in those threads
  • Happening upon current conversations about update cycle while either browsing at their leisure or cleaning up shitshows in threads
Sometimes it happens within days of the 3 months ... sometimes longer. There are games that are over 2 years old which haven't had any word from the developer in about as long that haven't gotten the tag, either. Also, though, make sure your 6 month example threads don't have developers who are still semi-active in their social media accounts, showing to their subscribers and/or the public they are still interested in developing their game.

Reactions: Cartageno

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
I will say this, though, this mother lovers statu's is active over on Discord. So, either his cat knocked the mouse and woke his computer up, or Nef is looking at our Discord banter right now.

1710542825547.png

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Because there are 20-odd staff and 17,000 games. They don't actively monitor the threads for "abandoned" / "inactive" / "missing in action" games. They rely on:
  • People who use the REPORT button in a thread's first post to notify the staff of a game that hasn't had an update in a period of time and no word from the developer
  • Their own personal list of games they like, and knowing personally
  • Happening upon current conversations about update cycle while either browsing at their leisure or cleaning up shitshows in threads
Sometimes it happens within days of the 3 months ... sometimes longer. There are games that are over 2 years old which haven't had any word from the developer in about as long that haven't gotten the tag, either. Also, though, make sure your 6 month example threads don't have developers who are still semi-active in their social media accounts, showing to their subscribers and/or the public they are still interested in developing their game.
Still needs consistency. It's the same as site rules. People get warned really quick for bein a dick, others never get warned for it. The admins need to write up rules for the staff, so they aren't makin rules up as they go.

Reactions: HornyyPussy

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
No, I am not saying what're you are saying. I am saying the abandoned tag means the dev abandoned the game. Whether temporarily, or permanently, this game is abandoned. And whether this game gets an update today, next week, next month, or next year, or, sadly, even never, it is still unoccupied, neglected, ditched, dumped, INACTIVE, or forsaken. Everyone knows what abandoned means, and it's well established here, and using a synonym wont make a difference.
I think people who've been around can easily look at that tag and get it. If people want to hold out hope that an abandoned tag will disappear, well then they got more hope than I.
Agree to disagree I guess then. I don't equate lack of communication to abandonment. Unless you mean the audience, which I guess you would make an argument. But working in silence on the game is still working on the game and not abandonment.

But that's just my opinion I guess!

Reactions: Master of Puppets

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Still needs consistency. It's the same as site rules. People get warned really quick for bein a dick, others never get warned for it. The admins need to write up rules for the staff, so they aren't makin rules up as they go.
Again, much of it is based upon who gets reported and who doesn't.

There are rules for the staff. There are rules for the forum. The staff has their own discord channel to discuss problems and problematic users, advice on matters, etc. As well as they chat among themselves.

Just because people in these threads can't see what's going on behind the scenes, doesn't mean that nothing is going on. Which goes to people bitching about developers not updating fast enough or being lazy.... there seems to be quite a few people who lack object permanence, thinking the world doesn't exist and things aren't happening if they cannot witness it themselves.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
That's not how real life works.

Agree to disagree I guess then. I don't equate lack of communication to abandonment. Unless you mean the audience, which I guess you would make an argument. But working in silence on the game is still working on the game and not abandonment.
You don't think three months without a single peep isn't something to be concerned about?

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes