Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Again, much of it is based upon who gets reported and who doesn't.

There are rules for the staff. There are rules for the forum. The staff has their own discord channel to discuss problems and problematic users, advice on matters, etc. As well as they chat among themselves.

Just because people in these threads can't see what's going on behind the scenes, doesn't mean that nothing is going on. Which goes to people bitching about developers not updating fast enough or being lazy.... there seems to be quite a few people who lack object permanence, thinking the world doesn't exist and things aren't happening if they cannot witness it themselves.
Sure depends on other members reportin. Ok. You can justify it however you want. Most of these staff do what they want, when they want. If they got laid the night before, they're probably laid back for the day.

That's not how real life works.
No? When it's in regards to a business, a gym or anythin where there's rules, INCLUDIN forums, those rules need to be clear and concise. Which means consistent.

Edit:
This is all OT and I'm done with it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: HornyyPussy

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
You don't think three months without a single peep isn't something to be concerned about?
Never said that. Just said it doesn't mean the game is dead and done forever. That's what abandoned means.

Yes it's concerning and should receive some kind of tag. But it's like putting a body tag on a coma patient. Yeah, they might not ever wake up, but what if they do?

Reactions: Master of Puppets

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
No? When it's in regards to a business, a gym or anythin where there's rules, INCLUDIN forums, those rules need to be clear and concise.
You're not complaining about the rules, you're complaining about enforcement, and that's impossible to keep consistent. We're not all robots hooked up to a hive mind that knows exactly how each one of us should handle any possible situation. Barely any forum posts fit into a neat "this is a yellow triangle, do ____" type of system.

Never said that. Just said it doesn't mean the game is dead and done forever. That's what abandoned means.

Yes it's concerning and should receive some kind of tag. But it's like putting a body tag on a coma patient. Yeah, they might not ever wake up, but what if they do?
It's not our fault people assume the abandoned tag means something different than what it has always meant. I'd give this game a 70% chance to come back, it'd be higher but the dark path proves he's losing his drive at least somewhat, yet none of that makes it so this game doesn't meet the rules to be tagged, regardless of the name of the tag.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
It's not our fault people assume the abandoned tag means something different than what it has always meant. I'd give this game a 70% chance to come back, it'd be higher but the dark path proves he's losing his drive at least somewhat, yet none of that makes it so this game doesn't meet the rules to be tagged, regardless of the name of the tag.
I'm not looking to assign blame, but offering a solution for a misconception that arises every time this tag gets applied and it's an easy solution to ease the confusion. If people keep getting confused by what the tag means, why not fix it so it's not so confusing?

For example. If people keep getting freaked out when you tell them to drink more hydroxylic acid, maybe try calling it water and see if you get less push back.

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
Agree to disagree I guess then. I don't equate lack of communication to abandonment. Unless you mean the audience, which I guess you would make an argument. But working in silence on the game is still working on the game and not abandonment.
I don't agree to shit. I'm right, you're wrong, and that's all there is to it. I know what that tag means, and clearly so do many others who've read the rules. And it won't change. Go tell the F95zone staff to change it because you have your own interpretation of what it means. See how quickly you're rejected... Oh, wait, that word can be misinterpreted... not acknowledged.

That's not what that means, and most of us on here are fully aware of that.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
I'm not looking to assign blame, but offering a solution for a misconception that arises every time this tag gets applied and it's an easy solution to ease the confusion. If people keep getting confused by what the tag means, why not fix it so it's not so confusing?

For example. If people keep getting freaked out when you tell them to drink more hydroxylic acid, maybe try calling it water and see if you get less push back.
It's only a solution for you though, I have zero idea how "inactive" translates to other languages, especially in comparison to "abandoned." Honestly I think "abandoned" if fairly apt for what occurred here, Nef hasn't posted on Patreon in three months while he's asking for monthly donations. If he was running the update only pay structure I might be more receptive of your "working in silence" possibly, but ultimately he isn't. I also don't think changing the name would do a damn thing about all the lamenting of the tag being added. Whatever the tag is called it'd be viewed as a death nail.

Drew Anderson

Dec 1, 2017
It's only a solution for you though, I have zero idea how "inactive" translates to other languages, especially in comparison to "abandoned." Honestly I think "abandoned" if fairly apt for what occurred here, Nef hasn't posted on Patreon in three months while he's asking for monthly donations. If he was running the update only pay structure I might be more receptive of your "working in silence" possibly, but ultimately he isn't. I also don't think changing the name would do a damn thing about all the lamenting of the tag being added. Whatever the tag is called it'd be viewed as a death nail.
All right. Cool. Whatever. This "discussion" is getting way too heated to continue. And it'll all be for naught when it gets tagged for off topic anyway. You all have a good one.

Reactions: HornyyPussy

Husmi

Dec 8, 2021
All abandoned tags on this site mean nothing and this game is proof. It's been on this game before and then removed when the game was updated. It happens on a lot of games. It's a guess that doesn't mean anything.

I get that it's a tool to warn people that a game hasn't been updated in a while and the dev has been silent, but everyone treats the tag as gospel when it's anything but.
It means that the dev is not able to communicate properly, or extremly slow on development if he comunicates, and serves as a warning that it's not safe to support him, because he can't be trusted to act responsible, since he cant even take 10 minutes to post something on Patreon, so I'd say the Abandoned tag means plenty, rules are clear, and I'd even say they're too good for the dev, 3 months of taking money but not even telling people what's up is too much.

turgsh01

Apr 13, 2020
For situations like this where the dev has gone quiet, I think there should be a tag called "Ghosted" or "AFK" or "MIA". Anything but Abandoned as that's too vague and to some degree... terminal in terms of support for some devs.

Also, not everyone has a singular mindset of posting on every site just to keep everyone happy. He's active on Discord and maybe he thinks that should be enough since maybe that's where the majority of his Patreon users hang out for info and whatnot and maybe he thinks "who gives a crap about pirates and what they think he should do to avoid a tag that doesn't make sense".

Just saying.

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
If the word doesn't mean anything, why should the tag not be "Marmalade"? If the word used doesn't have to be accurate or not, and everyone is expected to look everything up in the site rules rather than expect the tags to mean what they say, after all...

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Nefastus vanishing isn't that unusual, he's done it before. So more than likely this isn't actually abandoned.

People take the abandoned tag iteral, which causes more issues than it's worth. People think abandoned means the game is dead, the dev quit, and well, abandoned it.

And in every thread that gets the tag, we have this same "abandoned or not" discussion each time.

So yeah, there needs to be a tag between being on-hold and abandoned. Maybe "Inactive" is a good one. Or "Suspended" or "Paused" or "Dormant".

I don't know why other languages matters, this is an English only site (besides the translation threads).

"Dormant" is probably the best choice. As it's definition is "Inactive but capable of becoming active."

Which is exactly the area between "Abandoned" and "On-hold" that this site needs.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Nefastus vanishing isn't that unusual, he's done it before. So more than likely this isn't actually abandoned.

People take the abandoned tag iteral, which causes more issues than it's worth. People think abandoned means the game is dead, the dev quit, and well, abandoned it.

And in every thread that gets the tag, we have this same "abandoned or not" discussion each time.

So yeah, there needs to be a tag between being on-hold and abandoned. Maybe "Inactive" is a good one. Or "Suspended" or "Paused" or "Dormant".

I don't know why other languages matters, this is an English only site (besides the translation threads).

"Dormant" is probably the best choice. As it's definition is "Inactive but capable of becoming active."

Which is exactly the area between "Abandoned" and "On-hold" that this site needs.
My preference is to fuck the flags unless explicitly stated by a developer.
It should only be "on-hold" if a developer states as such.
It should only be "completed" if a developer states as such.
It should only be "abandoned" or "dead" or "trashed" or whatever if a developer states as such.
Anything else is conjecture (legit or not) and the flag shouldn't be applied. But F95 is doing its best to appease the people on here who cry for developer "accountability" while pirating the games. And so we have the 3 month and 18 month rules. And the staff does their best to follow those rules.

I honestly don't care if an update takes 2 weeks or 20 years for a game on here. It's a game in development. Shit changes. Life changes. Things don't get finished. No one should ever expect any game in development to ever be "completed" because just like with any business venture, more fail than succeed. As for "on hold" and "abandoned," it's mostly human nature that people avoid having difficult conversations about failure and so many won't say it, but simply stop interacting with those who they feel they have disappointed.

Take what you can get and enjoy it. If it gets an update, enjoy the new content. If it gets a "completed" flag - celebrate (or mourn) the end of new content.

The only people who should care are the developers and the people who financially support the developer on a subscription/payment platform. For both, that's the calculated risk they take.

For Nef, if subscribers aren't getting their special discord channel access and $5+ subscribers aren't getting their special pictures, then Nef isn't providing what he promises and they should be holding him accountable on his Patreon and in his Discord... but that's on them and they should be handling it there, it's not a concern for the majority of us on F95.

For the game, if it comes, it comes. There are 17,000 other games to check out in the meantime.

Last edited:

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
If the word doesn't mean anything, why should the tag not be "Marmalade"? If the word used doesn't have to be accurate or not, and everyone is expected to look everything up in the site rules rather than expect the tags to mean what they say, after all...
My point was even if the tag was "marmalade," people would still do 90% of what you guys are complaining about. I personally would like to change the name of the tag, but I'm not the boss here.

Blank8571

Aug 23, 2019
Regardless of the word in the dreaded orange banner, I've been in denial of it, but now that's over a week since 6 months no update I'm very disappointed
Hope the return is soon or it's time to stop checking

Reactions: Pedrocas77

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
My point was even if the tag was "marmalade," people would still do 90% of what you guys are complaining about. I personally would like to change the name of the tag, but I'm not the boss here.
That's pure conjecture, I believe that if the tag was more accurately labelled that the majority of people would not think that games so tagged are abandoned if the tag didn't say abandoned.

_user

Jan 16, 2022
That's pure conjecture, I believe that if the tag was more accurately labelled that the majority of people would not think that games so tagged are abandoned if the tag didn't say abandoned.
Tags need to be short and you gotta draw the line somewhere. For every dev that do end up coming back a few months or years down the line, there's dozens who just go AWOL forever. I'd say it's accurate enough, people can always go read its full definition in the rules.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes