m00nsh1ne

Feb 22, 2020
Super sad, if this game remains abandoned it'll be my new number one game for the one I liked the most that didn't get finished. Hopefully it gets continued, but a dev ghosting everyone is usually a bad sign.

Reactions: Jeanjacquouile

Xathras

Feb 3, 2020
Well, that's disappointing. I hope it's not because he ended up in the hospital again like what happened during one of his earlier vanishings.

amBest

Jul 18, 2017
Man, all the cope on this post is in a strange limbo between hilarious and sad. This is in my top 5 games on the site. I'm devastated that it's been abandoned. But I'm not going to pretend like someone disappearing for over 6 months with not a single solitary word, is normal. No, it's not. Maybe the game isn't dead dead. But for now, it's at least "dead".

Hysni

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2020
Aw its stupid to abandon this gameo_O - hope its not really abandoned and DEV starts to work on it (y)

Reactions: jasad

4st3r1sc0

Jul 5, 2020
Aw its stupid to abandon this gameo_O - hope its not really abandoned and DEV starts to work on it (y)
On the 31st of october the next update was almost ready to publish according to the creator:
-"Very close now, was really hoping I would be announcing a release date today, but not quite ready to do that."

On December was the last activity in both patreon and subscribestar. I'm not an optimist, but it's hard to see the glass half-full after a 4 month delay. I hope nothing happened to him, but that would be the only other explanation aside from the game been abandoned.

Nov 2, 2022
On the 31st of october the next update was almost ready to publish according to the creator:
-"Very close now, was really hoping I would be announcing a release date today, but not quite ready to do that."

On December was the last activity in both patreon and subscribestar. I'm not an optimist, but it's hard to see the glass half-full after a 4 month delay. I hope nothing happened to him, but that would be the only other explanation aside from the game been abandoned.
Apparently a lot of other commentors have said he's done this before and always come back. But yeah, as a patreon backer I'm not holding out hope and plan to cancel my subscription, especially when he went for about two years of regular communication and updates.

Krieg

Mar 25, 2017
I'm going to rant. What pisses me the most is that some Developers really have great ideas and they fuck it up by milking or disappearing, i really wanted to start making game on my own because a lot of good games get abandoned, but once i started learning modelling, its just to much.

Mar 19, 2024
I'm going to rant. What pisses me the most is that some Developers really have great ideas and they fuck it up by milking or disappearing, i really wanted to start making game on my own because a lot of good games get abandoned, but once i started learning modelling, its just to much.
I may be talking nonsense, but I see that many slowing down development when they achieve they are goals in Patreon, taking longer for new updates

Reactions: EmoBot

The Wicked One

Jul 8, 2017
Same here. Only thing that worries me is the reason why he was silent this long the last time, just hope he's alright.
The one thing that gives me (some) solace is that his active light on Discord pings on once in a while. Whether that his him, his cat, or some wayward tremor moving his mouse, I have some hope he is still, at least, turning his PC on once in a while.
Yes, it sucks he disappears, and yes we're all here because we love Midlife Crisis and want to see it updated, and complete. However, if/when he returns, I do hope it is with a renewed vigor and confidence.... and if he doesn't return, well, at least MLC, though not complete, had a damn good run and is still one of the best VNs out there.

4.40 star(s) 188 Votes