Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.0 Extra] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

AMRFTY

Jun 28, 2023
Nothing is more unfun in these VNs than unnecessary repetitive grindy sandboxes. The fight club thing is a deal breaker. Completely unnecessary grind even if you skip the fights.
Beg to differ if I am wrong, but is that not precisely what makes Faerin's game not 'just' a VN?

Part of his DNA in games is that they possess a gameplay loop that unlocks content while you're playing the gameplay loop. Now I will be the first to say that the grind could be on the heavy side since I am a story driven gamer. But you have to admit, part of the whole charm of playing his games is the fact that there's this time-bound and/or money-bound gameplay loop. For me, at least. I played the heck out of that Pizza mini-game in Man of the House, even after I finished the story. It's not like Overwatch, Call of Duty or Fortnite where you input 400+ hours and get a few shoddy rewards for which you need a battle pass.

There are great other choices out there if you want Visual Novels that require basic interaction with choice. Additionally, you could wait until the game is completed or find a 100% save (usually around here somewhere) and skip to the juicy bits!

JbSMooth

Sep 12, 2019
Can you attach your save, please? I'll take a look at that for you.

For the moment, they are. That's not been implemented yet.

You have to pay off the debt to Ruslan first.
I'm stuck on "time for another workout' as well

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Nothing is more unfun in these VNs than unnecessary repetitive grindy sandboxes. The fight club thing is a deal breaker. Completely unnecessary grind even if you skip the fights.
Well, everybody has their preferences and nobody is more correct than the other about this.

However, I would have a small suggestion to make: if you don't like sandboxes, don't play games with the "sandbox" tag. That might improve your experience.

Drearash

Jan 21, 2022
This is not a VN. It is a game. Some folks like things like gameplay and character building in their games.

Those elements can feel grindy, especially if they aren't well-designed. But that's a different critique.

Reactions: lancecomwar

davie2404

Jul 27, 2023
I usually dislike Sandbox games and avoid them when i see the tag, but i'm enjoying the puzzles in this game.The fight with the guy at the gym was a struggle!! (6 attempts ) .Good game Dev.Loving the redheads.

• Angry
Reactions: molinaalexis

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
Wow, that's a lot of redhead. I guess it suits the dev's perfence.
Most of the girls in the past games haven't been redheads, so probably less of the dev's preference and more of a "let's do redheads" and before the recent demotion to "apprentices" they all had a solid reason for being so physically similar.

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
Wow, that's a lot of redhead. I guess it suits the dev's perfence.
Most of the girls in the past games haven't been redheads, so probably less of the dev's preference and more of a "let's do redheads" and before the recent demotion to "apprentices" they all had a solid reason for being so physically similar.

Lordsimmons

Oct 23, 2021
Can someone help me with the books? I´m missing Greed and Envy. By the WT, Greed should be in Olivia´s power but I don´t know how to get it.

RUSTAO

Apr 12, 2023
Please, I read the previous posts but I would like to understand better. I made more than 25 points and I can't interact correctly with Madeline, is there an error occurring or is it a process that I don't know how to execute?

This happens when drinking wine in the pool and then in the room, we have the options and nothing happens

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
Please, I read the previous posts but I would like to understand better. I made more than 25 points and I can't interact correctly with Madeline, is there an error occurring or is it a process that I don't know how to execute?

This happens when drinking wine in the pool and then in the room, we have the options and nothing happens
Yes, it's a bug from continuing your previous save. That stat should cap at 22 right now, so you're not supposed to be able to get that option.

Reactions: bernthal and RUSTAO

RUSTAO

Apr 12, 2023
Another question please, in the fight club part. I can only fight first and second level fighters. I can't release the third level, is that correct?

Darklord_1965

May 12, 2020
Does anyone know if there a way or how do we use the protein we buy at the mall or is it just not implemented in the game yet?

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes