Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.0 Extra] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Save folder huh.. xD thx,im used to the appdata thingy thought it was this kind of update where u start over
No, in all of Faerin's games, your saves are always in the game's folder. You need to move that sub-folder (in this case, it's Midnight Sin/saves) from the earlier version to the newer version in order to continue from where you last left off. If you delete the game without having transferred the saves over, then yes, you would have to start a new game.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
No, in all of Faerin's games, your saves are always in the game's folder. You need to move that sub-folder (in this case, it's Midnight Sin/saves) from the earlier version to the newer version in order to continue from where you last left off. If you delete the game without having transferred the saves over, then yes, you would have to start a new game.
Is there a way for a mod to add something like this to pg. 1?

I think it would help avoid frustration for the people that try MS early on, then wait 6 or more months to play again (hoping for better immersion), and then wonder why they have no saves.

This is one of the few AVNs I play where this is required.

Thanks, and Cheers!! :coffee:

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018

I think it would help avoid frustration for the people that try MS early on, then wait 6 or more months to play again (hoping for better immersion), and then wonder why they have no saves.

I don't see why not since it was on MotH's OP. However, not a lot of people bother reading most (if not anything) from there and will still ask in the thread anyway. I've seen it hundreds (if not thousands) of times over the years, especially when it comes to Android or Linux ports. :(

Crazygamer43, would you be so kind as to add somewhere in OP that in order to continue from an earlier version of the game, players must move their earlier version's "saves" folder to the newer version? And that if they accidentally delete their game without doing so, they would need to start over?

Thank you in advance.

P.S: We know they'll still ask in the thread anyway, but WTH, it's worth a shot... :ROFLMAO:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020

It is mentioned in S3pHiroTh's FAQ linked in the OP, plus usually Faerin mentions it in the changelog, although you're right, most of us have had played his other games and we know this out of memory, anyway, up to now it is not much of a fuss playing it from the beginning,

Aug 31, 2020
one of the two games I'm looking forward to the most! I wouldn't play it until it was sold out, but the two before it were so strong. well done to the team.

carting89

Aug 2, 2022
Mystwood Manor is such a highly-rated game but for me, it was miles below Man of the House as far as writing was concerned. There is no doubt that from a technical perspective, the game is better made and well-polished. The renders were also very good.
But everything was so rushed, there was no hesitation, no reluctance, no seduction, and worst of all there was mind control, which is the worst writing trope of all time, in my opinion. I forget the names but does anyone remember the story of the older sister from Man of the House and how she used to bully MC but turned submissive afterwards? One of the hottest story arcs ever. Nothing in Mystwood Manor ever came close to that. It was all: Dad died>Creepy Mist>Mind Control>Orgies>The End. With a bare-bones plot of three sisters and mansions. I hope the dev thinks of a good story this time bcz I am not captivated by what is going on right now and to me it seems like this is going the same path as that of Mystwood Manor. Because the girls are jumping at MC like animals in heat with the slightest of prompts.
The dev has perfected the game style now it's time to focus more on the story. The hotel management was a lot of fun in Mystwood Manor but at the end of the day this is an adult game. This game does have a lot of potential so it would be a shame to see it wasted by rushing the story.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Mystwood Manor is such a highly-rated game but for me, it was miles below Man of the House as far as writing was concerned. There is no doubt that from a technical perspective, the game is better made and well-polished. The renders were also very good.
But everything was so rushed, there was no hesitation, no reluctance, no seduction, and worst of all there was mind control, which is the worst writing trope of all time, in my opinion. I forget the names but does anyone remember the story of the older sister from Man of the House and how she used to bully MC but turned submissive afterwards? One of the hottest story arcs ever. Nothing in Mystwood Manor ever came close to that. It was all: Dad died>Creepy Mist>Mind Control>Orgies>The End. With a bare-bones plot of three sisters and mansions. I hope the dev thinks of a good story this time bcz I am not captivated by what is going on right now and to me it seems like this is going the same path as that of Mystwood Manor. Because the girls are jumping at MC like animals in heat with the slightest of prompts.
The dev has perfected the game style now it's time to focus more on the story. The hotel management was a lot of fun in Mystwood Manor but at the end of the day this is an adult game. This game does have a lot of potential so it would be a shame to see it wasted by rushing the story.
I agree that MotH had way more interesting and extensive character arcs than MyMa, then again, it didn't have any background story at all, just running around and getting the girls. So even the bare bones three magical sisters beat MotH in that regard.

And while I will agree that Veronica's (older sister's) story arc in MotH is one of the best I've seen (I also like that the dom/sub relationship kept limited more or less to being kept secret, at least from people close to them), most of the other girls were also crushing on MC from the beginning. With Ashley (younger sis) it is outright stated in the introduction that their mother worries about her having a bro crush, sorry, their landlady is worried about her roommate crush. First reaction from Amy you get is overhearing her telling Veronica, to her dismay, that she thinks you are cute. Sophia even crushes on MC so hard, she cannot speak when he's around in the beginning. Even Pam was interested first time you step into the pizza parlor, even though she became romanceable only way later. And aunt Emma, well, yeah, she's jumping at every chance she sees obviously, as is the shrink. Which leaves mom and Debbie (and Veronica) as the only ones not having the hots for you from the start, at least not obviously.

Granted, it still felt in some of the storylines like obstacles had to be overcome, even if it was only getting Sophia out of her shell (figuratively and literally) and that was missing in MyMa (what you probably mean by "reluctance" and so forth), so overall I would rate MotH way higher (not some of the more weird animations though).

But where I disagree a bit more is this being an adult game meaning sex should be more the focus. While there are practical reasons for most games here to very much focus on it, if there is a good story and some decent gameplay, I am happy if the scenes take a back seat a little.

Digga D

Jun 5, 2019
does anyone remember the story of the older sister from Man of the House and how she used to bully MC but turned submissive afterwards? One of the hottest story arcs ever.
That's why I have high hopes for the older sister in this game, Victoria. She's very similar to the older sister in MoTH. Hopefully similar arcs too.

This game as a whole is similar to MoTH, with even hotter girls, so I'm certain it will be great. But it also has an actual plot/story like Mystwood manor, with even better renders.

It combines the best of both previous games into this one, so I am hopeful

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
I probably belong to the minority that prioritizes MyMa over MotH. For me the main thing is a well told story, quality gameplay, XXX component can be on 3-4 places in terms of priority. I was more interested in playing MyMa precisely for the reason that the main thing there is the narrative, not the sex. I'm a materialist and very far from mysticism, but that doesn't stop me from reading Stephen King with pleasure. The problem with MotH is the weak plot, there are a lot of wincest stories like this, eventually stereotypical games or visual stories get tedious. What makes MotH stand out from similar projects is the quality of the graphics, but hardly anything else. I once mentioned that MyMa looks like a much more mature project and that's a big plus, because I, as an adult, am just not interested in playing games where the main thing is only sex. The question may arise, what am I doing on this resource then? The answer is, strangely enough, I occasionally come across good plots, with well-defined characters, where their intimate connection is the result of a rather complex dynamic of interpersonal relationships. MyMa, by the way, is not doing very well in this aspect.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
The question may arise, what am I doing on this resource then?
Probably the same as me: getting something entertaining and a bit arousing. And that means more than sex for me as well. To the surprise of a few fellow zoners I once even admitted that I usually play these games without janking my Johnny while doing so - I enjoy them just like that and I need a bit of background. (Which may come in handy as a fantasy when I am doing the blindness inducing stuff, granted) But since I've seen my share of boobies over the years, even real ones attached to real girls with real storylines, just the sight of graphics doesn't really do it for me, can take a back seat. I can imagine that stuff even without explicitly seeing it or reading about it on screen. Still want it to happen at some time, which also brings a kind of closure, but it is not necessarily a number one priority.

Enot1964

May 20, 2019
Probably the same as me: getting something entertaining and a bit arousing. And that means more than sex for me as well. To the surprise of a few fellow zoners I once even admitted that I usually play these games without janking my Johnny while doing so - I enjoy them just like that and I need a bit of background. (Which may come in handy as a fantasy when I am doing the blindness inducing stuff, granted) But since I've seen my share of boobies over the years, even real ones attached to real girls with real storylines, just the sight of graphics doesn't really do it for me, can take a back seat. I can imagine that stuff even without explicitly seeing it or reading about it on screen. Still want it to happen at some time, which also brings a kind of closure, but it is not necessarily a number one priority.
I'm gonna sign every word you said. (y)

• Hey there
Reactions: Cartageno
4.10 star(s) 27 Votes