Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.0 Extra] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Let's say a fan who happens to be a software dev but not a game dev who never touched Unity wanted to fix some typos in a Unity VN.
What would you say is a good starting point? Where would this intrepid, but painfully lazy, fellow start looking?
I can tell you what we do when we're bug testing before release. If we spot a typo, since we have no way to actually fix it in the game, we take screenshots of it and post it in our testing channel with the corrections included so it can be fixed. Me, I will typically post them in a spoiler so I don't reveal anything to the other testers if they haven't seen that scene/render yet.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Cartageno; I told you that he would not invite us to his dungeon if you tease him like that.....:rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Ok reformulating!....."Oh sooo lucky that Faerin gave us the oportunity to sightsee Amsterdam at night, and then send us to relax and heal form the "Stress" in to the crotch of nature, where we could practice the ancient art of fishing......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Merry Christmas Faerin...... 59.gif im-an-angel-halo.gif

Apr 15, 2020
You know what? I'm so done with this BS!
It happened ONE time, in THREE years!
>delays update by a day
>on his game that we can play for free
>expects us to forgive him

Where the hell do you get off?

On an unrelated note this protagonist is an absolute dead ringer for the former youtuber/Medieval 2 TW Mod developer Arachir Galudirithon and I'm really struggling to not view this game as a weird WEG/Youtube personality crossover. Obviously not a criticism, just saying so hopefully other players can notice and start getting very confusing feelings about the very well curated scenes.

Azraelith

May 1, 2019
(Yeah, I'm one of "those" sellouts/pushovers/traitors/etc.)
Truth be told, you ruined it for him. Also, being a sell out is all well and good provided it goes places. I'd say you're doing good at 3 games with decent stuff in em.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Try going into full screen (alt+enter) set at 1920 x 1080.
was playing at 1366x768 but tried every resolution after get stuck here still cant open
Check your regional settings in Control Panel >> Region >> "Administrative" tab >> "Change system locale" button.
If it's Turkish, try temporarily changing it to English. Faerin is aware of the issue and will have it fixed in the next update.

Reactions: TheDevian

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
Check your regional settings in Control Panel >> Region >> "Administrative" tab >> "Change system locale" button.
If it's Turkish, try temporarily changing it to English. Faerin is aware of the issue and will have it fixed in the next update.
There are more languages with same case sensitivity quirks as Turkish. Don't remember the other ones atm.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
There are more languages with same case sensitivity quirks as Turkish. Don't remember the other ones atm.
That was actually a Turkish time/date format issue that caused the bug, not the languages themselves, otherwise we would have seen a lot more reports on this on here and Discord. Faerin also mentioned that here as well.

Last edited:

Dzeris

Nov 4, 2018
That was actually a Turkish time/date format issue that caused the bug, not the languages themselves, otherwise we would have seen a lot more reports on this on here and Discord. Faerin also mentioned that here as well.
Windows would have to implement locale sensitive case conversion functions for Turkish, Azeri, Kazach, Turkmen, Tatar and Gaugaz to wreck the code written with English rules in mind. If it is just character used in system strings, language list is even longer. Turkish is mostly in Latin script.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Windows would have to implement locale sensitive case conversion functions for Turkish, Azeri, Kazach, Turkmen, Tatar and Gaugaz to wreck the code written with English rules in mind. If it is just character used in system strings, language list is even longer. Turkish is mostly in Latin script.
All I can tell you is what we've seen lately, and that is there were a few reports of this problem as seen throughout the last several pages of this thread. Once those affected players had made the regional change, there had been no more reports on this particular problem.

There hasn't been any new reports about this until yours, so I can only surmise the bug carried over from 0.1.7 to 0.1.8 via game saves (which can and sometimes does happen), or you're playing v0.1.7 and not v0.1.8 (which we have seen a number of players do in past games from Faerin).

None of us on the team have any way of testing this to see if the problem was fixed, but we did inform Faerin about it when the first reports of it came to our attention, to which he is looking into (in fact, I spoke to him earlier this afternoon about it). If the issue still exists, it will be fixed before next Friday's release. The only suggestion I have at the moment would be to attach a copy of both the player and player_prev logs along with your save for Faerin to review. And if you could create a save before the event, that would be extremely helpful.

**Follow-Up**
I've got a Windows 10 Turkish VM installed and I have a save from a new run I did last night that I used in the new VM. I was able to encounter the bug, so I won't need a save or logs.

Last edited:
  • Sad
4.10 star(s) 27 Votes