Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.0 Extra] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

CAT0X0

Jul 26, 2019
Ah my god thx a lot, i look the book in the bedroom so many times but not like this! :|
If you move the mouse cursor over the mc's icon, the task appears:

- I wonder if there's anything useful in my bedroom.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
as pending, it starts selecting the books on the top shelf, then the middle shelf, then the bottom shelf, then the top shelf, then the middle shelf, and continues selecting them in a loop until the message appears that the mc has found the book of Sin that is hidden there. No idea why it is necessary to select them several times in loop starting with the books of some shelf, but it also happened to me that selecting the books of the three shelves only once, the mc didn't find anything, and that task (- I wonder if there's anything useful in my bedroom.) continued as pending, until in the same search after repeating it in loop selecting the same books a couple of times that Book of Sin Vol. II appeared.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
If you move the mouse cursor over the mc's icon, the task appears:

- I wonder if there's anything useful in my bedroom.
as pending, it starts selecting the books on the top shelf, then the middle shelf, then the bottom shelf, then the top shelf, then the middle shelf, and continues selecting them in a loop until the message appears that the mc has found the book of Sin that is hidden there. No idea why it is necessary to select them several times in loop starting with the books of some shelf, but it also happened to me that selecting the books of the three shelves only once, the mc didn't find anything, and that task (- I wonder if there's anything useful in my bedroom.) continued as pending, until in the same search after repeating it in loop selecting the same books a couple of times that Book of Sin Vol. II appeared.
Yeah that is not a bug it's by design but after a few tries the text will change until you find the book

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Ok, My wild guess is that Faerin (and this is something only he can answer) he likes Unity because it gives him more freedom to make a "game" not a VN if he liked to do a VN he would have done it already, there was once a convo in Moth, about it, and iirc he said, that he liked the crossover of a real game and a VN.
He did in Mystwood Manor a Story Mode for those who don't like the game and Management aspect, this is just how this dev is.
Also the Artwork is his signature, they follow a certain style and pattern, independent that there are other better Daz models or much more real models on the market.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Midnight Sin [v0.1.9] [Faerin] - MAKE YOUR CODE !! - Update
*sigh* Not sure how many times I've had to state this but... The color combination you get once the panel is opened will be different for everyone. So not everyone will have the same code.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Ok, My wild guess is that Faerin (and this is something only he can answer) he likes Unity because it gives him more freedom to make a "game" not a VN if he liked to do a VN he would have done it already, there was once a convo in Moth, about it, and iirc he said, that he liked the crossover of a real game and a VN.
He did in Mystwood Manor a Story Mode for those who don't like the game and Management aspect, this is just how this dev is.
Also the Artwork is his signature, they follow a certain style and pattern, independent that there are other better Daz models or much more real models on the market.
What I can tell you is that Gen 9 came out a few months after the initial release of the game and there wasn't much content for it
So it was pointless to make a game based around gen 9 as there was nothing out there
12 months on there's plenty of content but the characters are already set and it would be pointless to go back and change them and waste 12 months of work, as the first release had a lot of things going on behind the scenes before it got to here
The thing is you can't really compare the characters in game to Gen 2 or 3 as there is no comparison unless you have really bad eyesight the models in this game are an improvement over MwM imo.
The Unity thing was he created his own engine in it and was going to market it he made MotH as an example of what could be done and it took off it even surprised him so he went down that route and has never looked back.
That's just a small explanation of where we are now and to clarify some points.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Right but my point is that you can still change the game design without changing the engine. I think that the guy actually was talking about the design rather than the engine, even tho that is what he said.
I tend to be with Sycho on this one. I like myself a well written AVN in the "classic" style as well. But yeah, I also like some variation. If everybody would be doing what's most popular by any metric - all games would have the same design/mechanic setup, the same type of characters, the same type of general story, the same kinks to the same degree. I like some changes once in a while. Not everything that is different is good (for my liking) just for being different, and I will then skip a game. Even though sometimes with a tear in my eye - quite a few games on here have rave reviews (probably deserved), but some stuff is in there that is more or less a dealbreaker. But yeah, looking at my folder, I probably have already downloaded more than I can realistically play, so that's not really a major concern.

I also would guess (but your explanation could be valid as well) that the poster we're talking about indeed meant "engine", just empirically I have seen so many people asking for "RenPy" as an engine because it is "just better". Which just isn't true. And while many are accustomed to certain RenPy elements as a player and like having them - specifically CTRL skipping and other user interface stuff - they do not realize that this can be done in any engine (Faerin includes a lot of it, so do some other devs who are not on RenPy). But certain people are sure they know everything about programming after they read some forum post about it and just take that opinion - possibly not even understanding it correctly due to lack of understanding of what programming is. May or may not be true about salome, but I've seen it quite often.

"More freedom" to do stuff (and do other stuff more efficiently - the big upside of RenPy is that it is easy to handle for what it is supposed to do and stripped down to the necessary stuff, but on the downside that means that almost anything added to that is more complicated even if it is doable), but I would also guess it is the engine he knows how to work with. I am certain he can learn how to do RenPy or RPGM or even Unreal, but that's also a lot of work with little to no immediate benefit.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
*sigh* Not sure how many times I've had to state this but... The color combination you get once the panel is opened will be different for everyone. So not everyone will have the same code.
But isn't the REAL code the friends we made along the way?

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I don't know the context of the discussion but I just wanted to add that AVNs where there are more gameplay elements is what I started playing when I first discovered this site. And in this past year, I've become pretty fucking burnt out on the "story" AVNs to the point where I just get too bored after 30 minutes of playing a new update I've waited a year for. These types of "game" VNs definitely seem to take a lot more work and more "fine-tuning". They may be frustrating at times but I can't not acknowledge the effort these devs put into them. (It's just, you know only a few like Faerin stand out for me because they understand QoL features and less pointless grind don't ruin the game or make it easier.)

I'm glad that Faerin keeps truckin' on with his style while refining with each iteration. I'm not saying one is better than the other but if every dev did the same kind of VN, I'd probably just stop playing shit altogether save for a few story VNs I still like.

Maybe I'd even be going outside and touching grass right now ... wait.:unsure: Nah, nah. I prefer this.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Since everyone seems to be getting in on the action -

Who cares why Faerin uses Unity? The game is organized and flows well; it works the way HE wants. 'Nuff said.

I can't tell you how many threads I've visited where consumers (or, in some cases, pirates) say: 'Dev, make YOUR game.' Faerin does, and hopefully you're a fan. If so: Thank you.

If not: There are plenty of other games for your time. We'd like you to stay, but we won't force you.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian and Sycho

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I don't know the context of the discussion but I just wanted to add that AVNs where there are more gameplay elements is what I started playing when I first discovered this site. And in this past year, I've become pretty fucking burnt out on the "story" AVNs to the point where I just get too bored after 30 minutes of playing a new update I've waited a year for. These types of "game" VNs definitely seem to take a lot more work and more "fine-tuning". They may be frustrating at times but I can't not acknowledge the effort these devs put into them. (It's just, you know only a few like Faerin stand out for me because they understand QoL features and less pointless grind don't ruin the game or make it easier.)

I'm glad that Faerin keeps truckin' on with his style while refining with each iteration. I'm not saying one is better than the other but if every dev did the same kind of VN, I'd probably just stop playing shit altogether save for a few story VNs I still like.

Maybe I'd even be going outside and touching grass right now ... wait.:unsure: Nah, nah. I prefer this.
I was outside once and the graphics sucked. :ROFLMAO:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
ZenGarden ;; I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say anyway, let's end it here.
and the usual "if you don't like it don't play it was a bit obsolete for my taste.
wish you guys a Happy new year and a better 2024
Edit: larry5168 I wasn't complaining about the Renders or anything . I like how they are

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 27 Votes