Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.0 Extra] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Oof...

I saw there were several pages of new posts and figured I'd catch up a bit, but this is...disappointing.
Let's all take another glass of champagne and maybe a chill pill ;)

fmc I think that the amount of gameplay a game has is very subjective, and in the end, it's more about how fun the game(play) is.

I would agree with there being very little to do in the game right now and can see how you think it plays more as a VN right now. I think I agree, to be honest. The skip, skip, skip, event (rince and repeat) is basically all there is at this stage. But then again, we are talking about a game that's only 20%-30% finished. And this is the nature of sandbox-like games (and often the downside of them, especially when not executed "well").

However, I don't agree that this means there will never be a better "gameplay loop" as you call it, just because "it" (to me this just reads as a lack of content) is not there right now.

There is a reason this is not (developed as) a VN.
But just as a large theme park with only one or two rides isn't very fun (regardless of the quality of those rides), it will take time for the game to have more meaningful content/minigames/etc. before it feels complete.

Now, if you are saying the type of content doesn't appeal to you, that's fair, that won't change and in that case it would be better to just move on. But if the argument is there isn't enough to do (which to me, seems to be the case here), I'd say give it 6-12 months and check back before jumping to conclusions.

Happy New Year everyone! :LOL:

dad5

Aug 18, 2022
i have a problem with Oliva the quest says she does her homework before the lunch and im there before clicking on the but there is nothing i can do

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
i have a problem with Oliva the quest says she does her homework before the lunch and im there before clicking on the but there is nothing i can do
Go to Olivia's room at 17:00 and select the evil choice so she watch the cat video with you, then you have to go at 18:00 at dinner, a small event will trigger and you have to protect Olivia from Madeline's scolding.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian and Sycho

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
I'm at 95% with the MC because the Intro Event is not checkmarked. Will this cause any issues going forward?
I have seen it too on another player's save file, but I don't think it will cause any big issues, only that instead of playing with a 100% score, you will finish with 95% probably?
But I'm not sure because the game is in development and maybe Faerin will introduce some rewards at the end that will be displayed only to the players that have achieved 100% rating, like it has happened in MwM and the final event.

FullyAnimated

Jul 17, 2019
I have seen it too on another player's save file, but I don't think it will cause any big issues, only that instead of playing with a 100% score, you will finish with 95% probably?
But I'm not sure because the game is in development and maybe Faerin will introduce some rewards at the end that will be displayed only to the players that have achieved 100% rating, like it has happened in MwM and the final event.
Thanks.

Kytolo Braven

Jul 3, 2017
It's pretty rich for a so-called "game developer" to come into another dev's game thread and shit all over it because it's not what you expected the game to be, or didn't like it for one reason or another.
After reading all that back and forth, I've got to say that this is the take that sums it up for me.

fmc, your original point might have been valid, but the condescension seems particularly unwarranted, counter-productive, and, frankly, classless. You're a consumer here, so your opinion matters for whatever that's worth--but all of your posts read like you've got some sort of magical game dev insight that Faerin (or his team) don't have and when essentially asked to share where this point of view is coming from (i.e., your game), you just avoid the subject.

Friend, it's not hard to look up your post history on this site to find your game and, if I'm being honest, I would much rather play any of Faerin's games than the unfinished one you put out. Don't get me wrong--you should be proud that you created something and I encourage you to keep creating, but I would suggest that you keep criticism of others games positive and constructive while realizing that our opinions are worth as much as the dev is paying for it... nothing.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
sadly i dont know other option then this
Double click on the folder, and it will open. Inside there, you will find the individual save files. If you then right click and hit Sort by / Date, you will find the newest one on the top.

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes