Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.0 Extra] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes
Nov 3, 2020
Hey Faerin, I just want to know what to do after finishing the book puzzle? And how to solve the key/colour puzzle? Anyone could you please tell me step by step process I'm so confused?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Which door? Where is it?
It's in the basement.

Why the game is still in development? Is it not finished already?
It's barely 9 months into it. It's takes about 3 years, usually, for games to be completed.

I understand but it's so confusing why don't you just tell password like 641243 right?
I can't tell you the passcode because the color combination you will see (or should have seen) once you've placed all the books onto the bookshelf is different for everybody. Not everyone will get the same code.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
dev please move save files somewhere sensible. 2nd time I've wiped my saves when cleaning up
&, honestly, who do you think is the one not being sensible, in this scenario? :unsure:
The save files being in the game folder is perfectly sensible. All 3 of Faerin's games have operated the same way.
You deleting them once is an understandable mistake. Twice is a different story.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
dev please move save files somewhere sensible. 2nd time I've wiped my saves when cleaning up
This has been discussed ad nauseam in the other games threads, as well as in this one. Suffice it to say, this is how it's always been starting with MotH and that's not going to change. Also, tagging the wrong person isn't going to get Faerin's attention, just FYI...

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Yes, thank you.

According to your save, there's still quite a bit you need to do. You won't get any hints over the weekends (with exception to the one you have now) because there are no weekend events yet and you don't have to take any of the girls to their appointments over the weekend either (those may change in later updates). So that would be the perfect opportunity for you to "explore the mansion" (as your MC's hint suggests) so you won't be distracted by having to take the girls anywhere.

So the first thing you are going to want to do is go into the study and click the left arrow to inspect the bookcase. The next thing you are going to want to do is look around the mansion. There are 7 paintings you must find located throughout, some can only be found at certain times of the day. Inspect each one and take note of the colors you find in each one (it will become important later on).

I have a walkthrough linked in OP if you need it.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 27 Votes