Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.2] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 31 Votes

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I think I've finished the current version there is no more mission besides the daily activities. Is that right or is the game bugged?
I would have to see where you are to know. You can look at their profiles, achievements, and the gallery to see if you have completed everything so far.

Reactions: rKnight and Sycho

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
My friend, this of course makes sense. But you know as well as I do, VNs are not your typical type of game. Probably like 1-5% of all players get these games on the very last update and play it as it was intended would you not agree?
I would not agree. This may be the case over here at F95 and similar sites, but if you got a good game then you have a nice income from sites selling the actual game as finished. Of course the "during development" money is not to be sneezed at from a dev's point of view, but F95 (or any other site for that matter) is only a fraction of players who may buy this game one day - in a finished state from sites like itch.io or Steam. Certainly way more than the 1-5% suggested.

Also, maybe more importantly, Faerin does not make VNs but games. While I don't want to say "one is better than the other", the way of development and of user experience during development versus user experience of the finished game are very different. In a VN, if you play one after around 30% of development time, odds are that you would get a very similar user experience to what you see when you have played around 30% (probably a bit less still, but roughly) of the finished game. In a game this just is not the case and it would be almost impossible to set up because of the higher degree of freedom a player has in these. (This is oversimplifying, there is a third category which has VN like progression but game elements, but let's ignore that here for ease of making my point).

And while I doubt your numbers you are certainly correct that the clientele of a VN is different from that of, say, some city builder in development. However, when not dealing with VNs, oddities like this will happen. And, as others have said, experienced players will adapt. Either they will set their expectations or they will wait for a while so they can get a better experience. On the plus side (if it is one, which will depend on the player) once the game is finished you are probably way "overpowered" due to skipping weeks, so any obstacle the game holds for a "real player" after release has become irrelevant because you have all the money and all the stats quite early.

lazyharry

Modder
May 24, 2017
Thx all for your answers
You need to get the book from Madeline's room to unlock more.
Still seems like there might be a bug, but we are looking into it.
Yeah, I know that, but all I can do is go into her room at 17 h, and there is no book. According WT it should be in front of the bed at 21h, but then the room is locked. Never got the hint of prepairing her bath for sleep (WT: look for Madeline’s hint to indicate her bath being prepared).
l
I looked into this a little more, and you may have had a bug we didn't detect. This should fix that - please let us know.

NOTE - I did put it in slot 3_8; you might have to protect whatever save you have there now.
Thx, I'll try this. will report later if it work or not.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Thx all for your answers

Yeah, I know that, but all I can do is go into her room at 17 h, and there is no book. According WT it should be in front of the bed at 21h, but then the room is locked. Never got the hint of prepairing her bath for sleep (WT: look for Madeline’s hint to indicate her bath being prepared).
l

Thx, I'll try this. will report later if it work or not.
Thanks, sorry about the confusion, we had some nasty bugs slip through this time.

lazyharry

Modder
May 24, 2017
I looked into this a little more, and you may have had a bug we didn't detect. This should fix that - please let us know.

NOTE - I did put it in slot 3_8; you might have to protect whatever save you have there now.
And here's my experience with the save you provide to me.
Yes, now the story is going on. I have helped madeline with her workout (touch butt), can now drink wine with her. Also I can now join the girls during dinner, can show video to Olivia, can train Annabelle, now waiting for nude painting, but there are still 2 points, where I see no progress. Cannot train Victoria boxing ( yes, I defeates Devon), and cannot get the book in Madeline's room. Searching the room at 16:00h (nothing), opened all drawers and checked the pile of book at left side, but at 21h on following day the room is locked, only can wish Madeline a good nicht at 23h. I cannot find the hint of prepairing the bath for the night.

(Wt: Go to Madeline’s room at 21:00 when Rebecca is preparing Miss Caine’s bath (look for Madeline’s hint to indicate her bath being prepared). Click on the book in front of her bed (you can’t get it yet). Then go back to Madeline’s bedroom at 16:00 the next day. Look around the room for the book.)
So that might be the main point, while I cannot continue the above mentioned pats.
My current stats:Madeline:10/27, Olivia: 25/29, Annabelle: 20/30, Victoria: 15/26, and my savefile

View attachment 3879108

• Thinking Face

benxavi

Apr 23, 2024
Hello, Does anyone know what I must do to have more tasks? there hasn't been any sexual moment yet, what should I do next? Thanks
Screenshot (1377).png

gatsl

Jul 29, 2024
Based off a new run I just finished going through, the stats should be as follows:
View attachment 3874236

Mind you, that's after you have completed everything, including any of the open dialogs.

There is some conversation stating Madeline should have 37 for her love stat. But the stats I noted are what I saw throughout the gameplay, as each stat gain was manually logged and broke down to where/when the stat gain occurred. I'll bring it up with Faerin so we can figure this stat issue out.
Hi i just finished that game it was great by the way i cant wait for next patch. My stats with madeline is 10/37 and i might know what the problem is. There is a task that you should help madeline work out to complete the 4 blackmail and you get 5 love points. Later on the car she sais to MC that she want more help when se works out and when you click on her you loose 5 points no event triggers. And i think even if you click on her while she works out on the start of the game even before the 4th blackmail you still loose 5 points. I hope it hellps.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
And here's my experience with the save you provide to me.
Yes, now the story is going on. I have helped madeline with her workout (touch butt), can now drink wine with her. Also I can now join the girls during dinner, can show video to Olivia, can train Annabelle, now waiting for nude painting, but there are still 2 points, where I see no progress. Cannot train Victoria boxing ( yes, I defeates Devon), and cannot get the book in Madeline's room. Searching the room at 16:00h (nothing), opened all drawers and checked the pile of book at left side, but at 21h on following day the room is locked, only can wish Madeline a good nicht at 23h. I cannot find the hint of prepairing the bath for the night.

(Wt: Go to Madeline’s room at 21:00 when Rebecca is preparing Miss Caine’s bath (look for Madeline’s hint to indicate her bath being prepared). Click on the book in front of her bed (you can’t get it yet). Then go back to Madeline’s bedroom at 16:00 the next day. Look around the room for the book.)
So that might be the main point, while I cannot continue the above mentioned pats.
My current stats:Madeline:10/27, Olivia: 25/29, Annabelle: 20/30, Victoria: 15/26, and my savefile

View attachment 3879108
These are the two hints you should be seeing for Madeline to start the chain of events to get the book from her bedroom. The second hint you will not see until after you've done the first part. Rebecca also needs to catch you in Madeline's room after you've clicked on the book.
Maddie.jpg

Hello, Does anyone know what I must do to have more tasks? there hasn't been any sexual moment yet, what should I do next? Thanks
View attachment 3879441
Check the other girls' profiles. If they are all at 100%, then that's all the content there is at the moment.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hi i just finished that game it was great by the way i cant wait for next patch. My stats with madeline is 10/37 and i might know what the problem is. There is a task that you should help madeline work out to complete the 4 blackmail and you get 5 love points. Later on the car she sais to MC that she want more help when se works out and when you click on her you loose 5 points no event triggers. And i think even if you click on her while she works out on the start of the game even before the 4th blackmail you still loose 5 points. I hope it hellps.
The second workout with Madeline isn't implemented yet. That will be in a future update.

hello
I start playing this game and I would know how to make money the cheat mod does not work
In order to receive support for the game, you would need to get rid of the mod first, then start a new game as the cheat mod is not supported by the developer and can break your saves.

when would be next update?
Updates are released on the last Friday of the month. So the next update comes out on Friday August 30th.

Last edited:

lazyharry

Modder
May 24, 2017
These are the two hints you should be seeing for Madeline to start the chain of events to get the book from her bedroom. The second hint you will not see until after you've done the first part. Rebecca also needs to catch you in Madeline's room after you've clicked on the book.
View attachment 3880185
Thx, but exactly that's the problem. I sneak into to her room at 16 h, Rebecca is cleaning the bathroom. thats ok. I search in her room, pile of books (left side), every drawer, nothing. but that's it. I never can go into the bedroom at 21 h, because it's always locked. So I cannot find the book, and take it the next day. In my playthrough of version 4.0 I haven't a problem with that, thefor with the stats of madeline. Where's the solution?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thx, but exactly that's the problem. I sneak into to her room at 16 h, Rebecca is cleaning the bathroom. thats ok. I search in her room, pile of books (left side), every drawer, nothing. but that's it. I never can go into the bedroom at 21 h, because it's always locked. So I cannot find the book, and take it the next day. In my playthrough of version 4.0 I haven't a problem with that, thefor with the stats of madeline. Where's the solution?
Could you attach your save, please? It might be better for me to see what's actually going on.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Did you check the pillows? There are at least 7 locations, and it is randomly placed.

Reactions: Sycho
4.10 star(s) 31 Votes