• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
How thin does your skin need to be that you think people are mad just because they point out that a translation is objectively horrible.
I don't recall saying I was mad. It was one of my more diplomatic / less drunk posting comments here actually.

if you think that is thin skinned I guess you would know. Since you felt this was dire enough to take a shot at me over :)

I am happy I got to be your 39th comment.

Rizo

Jul 29, 2017
Getting to a point now where they're not even putting MTL in the OP and we waste our time and badnwidth downloading it only to be greeted with GoogleFu. Really is a shame. I swear one of these days we will get a [MTL] prefix for threads so we know before we even go into them from the title. Thanks for taking the time to upload OP but another MTL I think I'll pass on.

chiikin

Sep 13, 2018
a little disappointed to know it was MTL after reading the comments, but oh well, I'll still take it and hope someone will do a proper translation one day without minding that there's already this one and thought it was a real one.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
a little disappointed to know it was MTL after reading the comments, but oh well, I'll still take it and hope someone will do a proper translation one day without minding that there's already this one and thought it was a real one.
I'm actually going over the original translator's work and fixing it. there are actually 2 of us going to go through it.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Very generous of you. I appreciate your work with MTL and the fact that you go through and edit what you can to make MTL make a bit more sense.
I try. I don't know if my quality is as good as many people who do the same thing, but I strive to make work acceptable of people's appreciation. The current state of this translation never satisfied me and I admit a part of me was always disappointed with the quality I allowed to go out with my name attached to it. (not wise of me to frequent a forum and program while intoxicated lol). I will put out something a bit more worthwhile.

undef1ned

Oct 1, 2017
I wrapped the text, everything should be visible now. I didn't touch scripts file just incase, but I think original translator did translate it, so some errors might occur in future (I might be wrong, sicne I haven't played the game myself, just tested the text lenght).
Just replace data folder with this one.

Reactions: Carion_Crow

undef1ned

Oct 1, 2017
So... text cropping happens often with translations. The translator (or machine) inputs more characters then RPGM is able to display in the text box. It is usually anything more then 40. Common problem. not really something you can "fix" more the author needs to go in and reword the text or do some creative editing. So your fix is waiting for someone to do it for you, or having the desire to do it yourself.
Pretty sure this one was translated through translator++. Takes literally one second for an author to use word wrap function with length 40 for all the maps and rest of the files.. Not even necessary to edit anything manually:/

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Pretty sure this one was translated through translator++. Takes literally one second for an author to use word wrap function with length 40 for all the maps and rest of the files.. Not even necessary to edit anything manually:/
Oh yeah that feature, I forgot it existed. Just every time I tried to use it never seemed to work properly. To be fair I am impatient and probably didn't let it do it's job that is more my fault then the tools even now i usually forget it exists or write it off haha.

Reactions: undef1ned

undef1ned

Oct 1, 2017
Oh yeah that feature, I forgot it existed. Just every time I tried to use it never seemed to work properly. To be fair I am impatient and probably didn't let it do it's job that is more my fault then the tools even now i usually forget it exists or write it off haha.
It used to break everything in older translator++ versions(well, at least when I tried to use it) and I used to go through all lines of text manually myself, which took hours. But after getting v1.12.4 it works like a charm. Used it in like 7-10 games and never encountered any errors.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
It used to break everything in older translator++ versions(well, at least when I tried to use it) and I used to go through all lines of text manually myself, which took hours. But after getting v1.12.4 it works like a charm. Used it in like 7-10 games and never encountered any errors.
Never error-ed out for me just sat there and did nothing. I generally use 1.6 since it is the most stable for me. 2.1.1 is terrible. It didn't even export half the time.

BJenkins

Master of the Elves
Donor
Jul 6, 2017
Not gonna leave a review as I didn't play too much of the game, the reason being the English is terribly broken, like machine translation sort of broken, not a fan, not for me sadly.

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes