Ren'Py Completed Milf's Control Unofficial Ren'Py Port [selectivepaperclip]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

PalmFace

Aug 22, 2017
So on day 5 I am told to go to the clothing shop in the walktrough and talk to a guard in the parking lot. What do I do if there is no one in the parking lot? I explored everything inside the shop already..

2edgy4u

Apr 26, 2019
I tried to run the game but I got this:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'H:\\SSD2RP\\renpy-projects\\peasants-quest/game/game_actors.rpy', 1531202126, 2) is defined twice, at game/game/game_actors.rpyc:1 and game/game_actors.rpy:1.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\games\milfs_control-0.6.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\games\milfs_control-0.6.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 367, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\games\milfs_control-0.6.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 266, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\games\milfs_control-0.6.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 757, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "C:\games\milfs_control-0.6.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 423, in finish_load
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'H:\\SSD2RP\\renpy-projects\\peasants-quest/game/game_actors.rpy', 1531202126, 2) is defined twice, at game/game/game_actors.rpyc:1 and game/game_actors.rpy:1.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135
milfs_control

Any ideas on what to do?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I tried to run the game but I got this:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\games\milfs_control-0.6.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\games\milfs_control-0.6.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 367, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\games\milfs_control-0.6.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 266, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\games\milfs_control-0.6.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 757, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "C:\games\milfs_control-0.6.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 423, in finish_load
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135
milfs_control

Any ideas on what to do?
Did you do anything besides download and run the game? Maybe extracted the patch incorrectly? There are some really odd things in this log:

ScriptError: Name (u'H:\\SSD2RP\\renpy-projects\\peasants-quest/game/game_actors.rpy'

Don't know why it's got the path to another game's game_actors.rpy as the value of Name.

Don't know why the variable is defined twice, once in game/game_actors.rpy and again in game/game/game_actors.rpyc.

2edgy4u

Apr 26, 2019
Did you do anything besides download and run the game? Maybe extracted the patch incorrectly? There are some really odd things in this log:

ScriptError: Name (u'H:\\SSD2RP\\renpy-projects\\peasants-quest/game/game_actors.rpy'

Don't know why it's got the path to another game's game_actors.rpy as the value of Name.

Don't know why the variable is defined twice, once in game/game_actors.rpy and again in game/game/game_actors.rpyc.
No I just downloaded the game and replaced the old game files with the patch game files. I'll just re extract the game and patch. I don't have a clue how files for a game called "peasants quest" would be there.

EDIT: I did it and it works :D

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
No I just downloaded the game and replaced the old game files with the patch game files. I'll just re extract the game and patch. I don't have a clue how files for a game called "peasants quest" would be there.
Make sure that you take the "game" directory from the patch and merge it with the "game" directory from the game. Don't put one "game" directory into the other.

Pigfarmer

May 25, 2019
Sorry about bringing this subject up again, but I'm kind of confused about this error.

While loading <'Scale' <'Image' u'/home/username/Downloads/milfscontrol061pc/rpgmdata/Graphics/Titles1/Menu.jpg'> 1024 768 True>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'home/username/Downloads/milfscontrol061pc/rpgmdata/Graphics/Titles1/Menu.jpg'.

I'm trying to to launch the Linux executable but get the above error message along with the stack trace. The file exists, has read rights and is owned by the user (and not root). Also, the path should be ASCII-compatable. My only concern is that since that is an absolute path, the initial forward-slash is missing from the second line. On the stack trace error message, the script locations appropriately start with a forward slash ("/home/username/Downloads/milfsc...."). Could this be a bug or is this expected behaviour?

Other Renpy games launch just fine.

EDIT: Well I dicked around in the Renpy scripts, and the load function in renpy/display/im.py received the correct filepath with the initial forward slash, so disregard my initial concern.

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Sorry about bringing this subject up again, but I'm kind of confused about this error.

While loading <'Scale' <'Image' u'/home/username/Downloads/milfscontrol061pc/rpgmdata/Graphics/Titles1/Menu.jpg'> 1024 768 True>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'home/username/Downloads/milfscontrol061pc/rpgmdata/Graphics/Titles1/Menu.jpg'.

I'm trying to to launch the Linux executable but get the above error message along with the stack trace. The file exists, has read rights and is owned by the user (and not root). Also, the path should be ASCII-compatable. My only concern is that since that is an absolute path, the initial forward-slash is missing from the second line. On the stack trace error message, the script locations appropriately start with a forward slash ("/home/username/Downloads/milfsc...."). Could this be a bug or is this expected behaviour?

Other Renpy games launch just fine.

EDIT: Well I dicked around in the Renpy scripts, and the load function in renpy/display/im.py received the correct filepath with the initial forward slash, so disregard my initial concern.
You need to install the 0.8.1 patch. Details in the OP.

Pigfarmer

May 25, 2019
You need to install the 0.8.1 patch. Details in the OP.
Well that did indeed fix it. Looks like the resource paths we're converted to relative form with that patch. Renpy really doesn't want to deal with absolute paths, seeing all the lstrip("/") commands in renpy/loader.py.

Good thing I managed to make an idiot out of myself with my first post, haha!

• Haha
Reactions: goobdoob

MonteChristo

Nov 20, 2017
In which subfolder do I put the file "rpgm_game_data.json" which is in the patch? I already merged the "game" folder.

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes