1.70 star(s) 3 Votes
Jul 17, 2017
Why was “this” presented to the public? This is not even a demo, it’s nothing + a truckload of bugs. The author himself played it? After the first cut price, the game becomes unplayable, because the game interface has not been created (there is no way to open inventory). The only positive thing about it release is the Android version. But why is it needed, because it’s impossible to play anyway.

DarkClone

Oct 15, 2017
It seems that no one stops to read the spoiler at the top, this was meant to test the navigation only. Also was put on the original game thread as did not want to chance this happening.

This thread was started from there and no request was made by me for it to happen even though it says that.

rabultfe

May 4, 2019
It seems that no one stops to read the spoiler at the top, this was meant to test the navigation only. Also was put on the original game thread as did not want to chance this happening.

This thread was started from there and no request was made by me for it to happen even though it says that.
of course be cause as usual and as any sane person would do
they put important info about development hidden inside spoiler tag known for story stuff totally everybody else fault
and the screenshots at the bottom not misleading at all it's not like it's standard to show in-game images and not what will be :FacePalm:

DarkClone

Oct 15, 2017
of course be cause as usual and as any sane person would do
they put important info about development hidden inside spoiler tag known for story stuff totally everybody else fault
and the screenshots at the bottom not misleading at all it's not like it's standard to show in-game images and not what will be :FacePalm:
Again stuff was set up by someone else a little ahead of time, those images are from the original game and will be in this one once they have been added in.

It was too early for it to have a thread about it, intention aside, Sorry that you all were disappointed at the game-play but it did provide the opinion that the sandbox style is hated and can change over to something else before having the game working than having to start all over.

Reactions: john1230

rabultfe

May 4, 2019
Again stuff was set up by someone else a little ahead of time, those images are from the original game and will be in this one once they have been added in.

It was too early for it to have a thread about it, intention aside, Sorry that you all were disappointed at the game-play but it did provide the opinion that the sandbox style is hated and can change over to something else before having the game working than having to start all over.
thanks for the clarification and i don't think most people would have a problem with the sandbox if the navigation was good and fast instead of arrows to everywhere and quest or tips system to where to go or do

DarkClone

Oct 15, 2017
thanks for the clarification and i don't think most people would have a problem with the sandbox if the navigation was good and fast instead of arrows to everywhere and quest or tips system to where to go or do
Yeah, thought about that, but as was trying to port the game which meant keeping it as it was written including the navigation.
The issue is that I was aware that people did not like it in the original but as part of learning ren'py.

It has been a good experience and could write it that way now, but the overwhelming feeling is that the sandbox is disliked.

Reactions: rabultfe

Buletti

Nov 7, 2023
Thanks a lot for taking on this project mate!

As others pointed out, the way it is presented might be a little unlucky. But I am really very much looking forward to the next iterations!

buktccbfc71

Engaged Member
Dec 30, 2020
How many times can you start remaking a game? :unsure:More promising developers have already completed two games. :confused: simpsons-leaving.gif

DarkClone

Oct 15, 2017
How many times can you start remaking a game? :unsure:More promising developers have already completed two games. :confused: View attachment 3555225
As you mentioned some other developers may have finished two games, but as a learning experiece porting a game that people want to play but don't because of the Unity Engine. Now that said the experience gained will help me with the writing of a new original game.

Also putting it out there early was a mistake but not a total one as got really good feedback on the navigation and can rework that before having all the content written in it and then having to start completely over.

A newbie programmer answering the call of the wild.

Reactions: john1230

buktccbfc71

Engaged Member
Dec 30, 2020
As you mentioned some other developers may have finished two games, but as a learning experiece porting a game that people want to play but don't because of the Unity Engine. Now that said the experience gained will help me with the writing of a new original game.

Also putting it out there early was a mistake but not a total one as got really good feedback on the navigation and can rework that before having all the content written in it and then having to start completely over.

A newbie programmer answering the call of the wild.
Thank you for your understanding. This is a criticism that your game has been standing in one place for a long time.:rolleyes::unsure:Please NO OFFENSE. :)

Last edited:

ohcmonrest

Jul 22, 2017
Where is the linux version? The "Windows/Linux" link only includes files for windows, there are no linux python libraries or launcher.
I don't get it. Renpy automatically generates the files for everything to work on both systems so for some reason the dev went out of his way to delete the capability to play on linux.

DarkClone

Oct 15, 2017
Where is the linux version? The "Windows/Linux" link only includes files for windows, there are no linux python libraries or launcher.
I don't get it. Renpy automatically generates the files for everything to work on both systems so for some reason the dev went out of his way to delete the capability to play on linux.

There is no option for Linux cause there is an option in Renpy to create a Windows option and that is what was used.

Lgn332

May 23, 2018
Yeah, thought about that, but as was trying to port the game which meant keeping it as it was written including the navigation.
The issue is that I was aware that people did not like it in the original but as part of learning ren'py.

It has been a good experience and could write it that way now, but the overwhelming feeling is that the sandbox is disliked.
I, for one, like it.

1.70 star(s) 3 Votes