Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
For example, why does a game sammertime saga get a 56 thousand dollars a month Why ?
Although the update is issued every 4 months :)
My thoughts as a professionnal : DarkCookie, since the very start, adopted a unique business model that no one else on patreon does = interaction through picarto. DC always delivered free updates and never asked for support or things like that. He simply put his passion first and unconsciously attracted lots and lots of fans. His supporters don't feel like simple pledgers, but like " Actors ".

Communication and interaction are things that few Devs master. Some try to do it, but fail... Others don't communicate at all, and then you have DarkCookie, a natural-born communicant who bet on his passion first and liked to show it to his supporters. Money came gradually. He didn't earn 56 thousand from the start. I remember he was earning between 8 and 13 k for one whole year in the past.

Inkarnate

Feb 18, 2018
There is a rule that anyone should follow. The more credibility, the greater the eagerness to work, and the more fulfilling the desires of supporters and fans, the support will increase terribly. :)

For example, why does a game sammertime saga get a 56 thousand dollars a month Why ?
Although the update is issued every 4 months :)
My thoughts as a professionnal : DarkCookie, since the very start, adopted a unique business model that no one else on patreon does = interaction through picarto. DC always delivered free updates and never asked for support or things like that. He simply put his passion first and unconsciously attracted lots and lots of fans. His supporters don't feel like simple pledgers, but like " Actors ".

Communication and interaction are things that few Devs master. Some try to do it, but fail... Others don't communicate at all, and then you have DarkCookie, a natural-born communicant who bet on his passion first and liked to show it to his supporters. Money came gradually. He didn't earn 56 thousand from the start. I remember he was earning between 8 and 13 k for one whole year in the past.
Have to agree with Kakato and Jaffer on this. Dev and fan interaction is critical in making a game work. For a fan funded platform like patreon, worst thing you can do is to go missing, delayed updates without reason and an overall lack of credibility. Actions like this undermine fan loyalty and eventually they will stop pouring money. Summertime saga has more interaction and you all can also clearly see how much effort Darkcookie puts in streaming everyday, with updates and all. Makes the wait worthwhile no matter how long it takes. And usually each update has a decent amount of new content.

As for Milftoon, while not in my place to criticise since i am not a supporter of their patreon due to the lack of decent updates every month, they really need to prioritise communication with their community (i mean patreon, not here) and actual reasons for possible delays. Sure delays are unavoidable but from what i see from what other users posted, there seems to be a trend of excuses like internet downtime, flooding, hurricane etc. Though unsure if legitimate or not, more effort can be put through for a game based with crowdfunding as its core business model.

So, pirates here, either you wait patiently and stop bitching, or you support their patreon, therefore giving you the RIGHT to bitch about the delays.

Last edited:

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Don't think update will come today either... As I said multiple times in this thread, and with all due respect to milftoon-drama, waiting has never been a problem. Lack of communication, on the other side, is a real problem. We don't even know if they still have internet issue. -.-"

bodacious__

Oct 11, 2020
I've downloaded all three parts. Ive started part 1. But I can't seem to progress on it. I'm stuck with where he can't get out of the house without his mom's permission. I've found nothing as I've tried to search through the house in different hours and days. Any suggestion?

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
I've downloaded all three parts. Ive started part 1. But I can't seem to progress on it. I'm stuck with where he can't get out of the house without his mom's permission. I've found nothing as I've tried to search through the house in different hours and days. Any suggestion?
Study ?

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
The study is always locked. I've tried to enter it many times
Then, I don't remember...Sorry man. Best advice I can give you, is type " walkthrough or guide " in the search bar on your top right and try to get your hands on all the guides available and shared here :) Good Luck.

aspera

Jan 9, 2018
Very annoying that they never keep their promises and there's always an excuse. They also don't deliver on their patreon reward promises. For instance Tier 4 Ms Jackson supporters are supposed to have "private talks" with the dev regarding the direction of the game and their input weighed above the lower tiers. I've pledged to that tier several times and I've never had said "talk".

bodacious__

Oct 11, 2020
Then, I don't remember...Sorry man. Best advice I can give you, is type " walkthrough or guide " in the search bar on your top right and try to get your hands on all the guides available and shared here :) Good Luck.
Thank you. I couldn't find any walkthrough of that old version

sexyegg

Nov 20, 2018
Honestly they should just adopt the model of some of the other game creators that say "you get it when you get it" rather then saying its going to come out fairly monthly. The only reason the dev doesnt interact anymore is because he knows whats going on and feels too bad to just come clean. Plenty of people here would still support the game if they just removed the update schedule all together, they just would lose a lot of people who think thats too long of a wait. Whoever thinks its a ISP problem is a knucklehead. They could just go somewhere else and upload it when they know their reputation is on the line when it comes to getting the game out on time.

3.40 star(s) 148 Votes