Fan Art Milfy City: Fan-Art & Assets Thread

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Manifold

Jan 14, 2018
question for the community. I'm rendering out a set of 18 successive pictures with Caroline. I need exceedingly long render times to do one picture,
Should I post the pictures everytime one is done or wait to upload until I have all of them and share them in one post containing all of them in one go?
View attachment 1021578 this is the preview/test I posted earlier.
Ditto here, I think your work will be better put in value and visible if you post it all at once.

Dec 27, 2019
Its Avery for G3 skin. But it looks different than Iray because this (like the actual game) is rendered with Octane :)

What are your thoughts on Octane?
Do you prefer it over Iray?
Is it faster?
Are the materials ported over automatically?

I have not yet tried it.

Thank you for any info. :)
Mo.

Bismo

Apr 30, 2018
What are your thoughts on Octane?
Do you prefer it over Iray?
Is it faster?
Are the materials ported over automatically?

I have not yet tried it.

Thank you for any info. :)
Mo.
I really like Octane, I only used Iray for a short time before switching to it and have used it since.
The best thing about Octane is the speed. Its really really fast. Way faster than Iray. It also doesnt use
the CPU to render, it only uses GPUs.

Materials in Octane are a bit tricky. While there is an "auto-coversion" from Iray materials, its pretty bad. Which means you will have to tweak every material in the scene yourself (or create them completely new). The great thing about Octane materials is the node-graph. You have different "nodes" that can be put together to make materials. It will take some time to get used to, but once you figured it out, you cannot live without it, its great. And since Octane is a physically based engine, you can look up real life values of materials you want to create and use those to get very realistic looking materials.

Another thing is skin materials. Octane isnt really the best render engine for skin. Creating realistic skin is rather difficult with Octane. It takes time to figure out how subsurface scattering and some other stuff works, to make skin look good. Iray is better at this in my opinion.

The plugin for Daz is a bit of a patchwork at the moment. Some core features of Octane are not usable and there are a lot of crashes. But very recently Otoy (the company that develops Octane) announced that this plugin will get a complete refactor. This will probably take some time but hopefully it will be more stable and all Octane exclusive features are implemented.

So all in all, I really like Octane. It does takes some time to understand how everything works and understanding the materials but it gives you a lot of creative freedom when you get comfortable with it. I'd say you just try it out yourself. There is a free version of the plugin, which lets you only utilize 1 GPU, but thats enough to see if you like it. If you want to use 2 GPUs you have to pay 20€ a month.

Feel free to ask if you want to know something else :)

Reactions: MoroboshiAtaru
Dec 27, 2019
I really like Octane, I only used Iray for a short time before switching to it and have used it since.
The best thing about Octane is the speed. Its really really fast. Way faster than Iray. It also doesnt use
the CPU to render, it only uses GPUs.

Materials in Octane are a bit tricky. While there is an "auto-coversion" from Iray materials, its pretty bad. Which means you will have to tweak every material in the scene yourself (or create them completely new). The great thing about Octane materials is the node-graph. You have different "nodes" that can be put together to make materials. It will take some time to get used to, but once you figured it out, you cannot live without it, its great. And since Octane is a physically based engine, you can look up real life values of materials you want to create and use those to get very realistic looking materials.

Another thing is skin materials. Octane isnt really the best render engine for skin. Creating realistic skin is rather difficult with Octane. It takes time to figure out how subsurface scattering and some other stuff works, to make skin look good. Iray is better at this in my opinion.

The plugin for Daz is a bit of a patchwork at the moment. Some core features of Octane are not usable and there are a lot of crashes. But very recently Otoy (the company that develops Octane) announced that this plugin will get a complete refactor. This will probably take some time but hopefully it will be more stable and all Octane exclusive features are implemented.

So all in all, I really like Octane. It does takes some time to understand how everything works and understanding the materials but it gives you a lot of creative freedom when you get comfortable with it. I'd say you just try it out yourself. There is a free version of the plugin, which lets you only utilize 1 GPU, but thats enough to see if you like it. If you want to use 2 GPUs you have to pay 20€ a month.

Feel free to ask if you want to know something else :)

Thank you very much for the detailed review! I have one GPU, but it is a 2080TI, so I am happy with it rendering using Iray. So I can only imagine what I can do with Octane.

Mo.

Bismo

Apr 30, 2018
I want to get to the point where I can render her like this... :)

GAME SCREENSHOT, NOT MY WORK!

View attachment 1023817
If you want to make these renders I'd suggest you download the free version of the Octane plugin for Daz and just get going :)
It will take some time to understand how materials and light work in octane but it becomes intuitive very fast. The best way to get better at something is to just do it

just trying

Mar 6, 2019
Okay man, please, finish the game for us with your renders. :sneaky:
Yeah pls create Patreon and takeover all icstor patreon. We will help to promote your patreon. I think you are the first one that could render those pics that is indistinguishable from the game . What are you waiting for ?

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes