miked91

Jan 3, 2018
If you use your finger... scroll a little, like 2 messages before your post... someone has posted :

update tomorrow 3pm PST
I know, it can be difficult sometimes to read previous messages posted some minutes ago.
Maybe it's not true, but it's an information.

hakulaku97

Mar 13, 2019
If you use your finger... scroll a little, like 2 messages before your post... someone has posted :

I know, it can be difficult sometimes to read previous messages posted some minutes ago.
Maybe it's not true, but it's an information.
thank you but i read that but i am unsure what to believe because this DEV has a history of not giving frequent updates and crushing hopes, so i anted to confirm that statement you quoted. thank you for the fast reply

miked91

Jan 3, 2018
thank you but i read that but i am unsure what to believe because this DEV has a history of not giving frequent updates and crushing hopes, so i anted to confirm that statement you quoted. thank you for the fast reply
I totally understand you, I thought you were the type of person who never read what others posts :p
I apologies for harshness my lord.

CHVGames

Sep 5, 2020
I agree with you on that CHVGames but the decent thing for him to do would be to put it on hold
It is a lot of work to develop these games. Simply downloading Ren'Py, reading the manual, render some images, throw it out there and get rich within a week.... that's not going top happen.

Just look at the size of Milfy City. Several gigabytes show you that there are thousands of rendered images in there, where each of them can take half an hour to render, even with decent hardware.

ICSTOR put a poll out a while ago, asking his patrons if they want a continuation of Milfy City or a brand new thing. They voted to see something new. So he started Project X. Milfy City is obviously put on hold. But this does not mean that it is dead. He might continue with it. But currently his efforts are probably on the new project (I guess).

Falkfisch

Aug 10, 2018
So I think this game is through ...
Yellow sign on and done.
It's always the same, as soon as a dev takes care of another project, both projects go down the drain ...
In my opinion, this forum lacks a very clear schedule:
3 months without update -> Onhold
6 months without update -> Abadoned and games once left cannot be reopened,
that would force a lot of dev to rethink and those who deliver regularly anyway, wouldn't care at all ...
But what am I writing, will not happen after all ...

CHVGames

Sep 5, 2020
6 months without update -> Abadoned and games once left cannot be reopened,
that would force a lot of dev to rethink and those who deliver regularly anyway, wouldn't care at all ...
None of the devs are dependent on F95. Declaring a game on here as abandoned or on hold without any info from the dev, has no meaning for the dev at all.

Falkfisch

Aug 10, 2018
ICSTOR put a poll out a while ago, asking his patrons if they want a continuation of Milfy City or a brand new thing. They voted to see something new. So he started Project X. Milfy City is obviously put on hold. But this does not mean that it is dead. He might continue with it. But currently his efforts are probably on the new project (I guess).
Why does he even put on his shoe when he's already overloaded with a game? Milfy City was on hold for months before he started Project X ...
All excuses ...
If there is no more desire, then you should be so honest with yourself and especially with the patrons and fans and admit that.
And stop ...

None of the devs are dependent on F95. Declaring a game on here as abandoned or on hold without any info from the dev, has no meaning for the dev at all.
Yep, you're probably right, that's more for Patreon

CHVGames

Sep 5, 2020
Why does he even put on his shoe when he's already overloaded with a game? Milfy City was on hold for months before he started Project X ...
All excuses ...
If there is no more desire, then you should be so honest with yourself and especially with the patrons and fans and admit that.
And stop ...
Stopping mean no more (free) money. Would you stop something like that if you get 20 or 30 or $40k a month for doing nothing? (I'll help you: The answer is "nope".)

Sarducar

Jan 7, 2019
It is a lot of work to develop these games. Simply downloading Ren'Py, reading the manual, render some images, throw it out there and get rich within a week.... that's not going top happen.

Just look at the size of Milfy City. Several gigabytes show you that there are thousands of rendered images in there, where each of them can take half an hour to render, even with decent hardware.

I disagree on this, icstor is raking in 100.000 dollars with patreon and the content he has deliverd doesn't reflect the work at all! Lesser devs bring out better games with better renders and more often so that dog won't hunt. I work for a rl publisher as a commercial executive, if we would run our projects like icstore we would have been out of business a long time ago

PinkGoddess

Apr 3, 2020
This is simply false. As much as the devs do not believe it, this forum is the reference and the starting point for new players and where most of the games and their respective devs are usually made known, for not to say that is all the games and their respective devs, which leads to possible patrons and consumers of these devs. If f95 really wasnt a benchmark, why does Icstor bother to report back every 3 months? Lets see what happens then if he doesnt update in more than 3 months and they put it here abandoned, lets see how many new players come to him, right? :)

The onhold tag already tends to throw back many players to try a game, imagine if you see a game with an abandoned tag, you will not bother to enter its thread directly, no matter how many pages and visits it had at the time.

hakulaku97

Mar 13, 2019
All excuses ...
And stop ...
so what is project x? is it uploaded here already or does one not know on which new game he is working?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have no intention to justify the DEV's actions but man i digged through the code soemtime ago and the renders and it sure would take a while to write all these lines, so i think if you not passionate about those game at all and see it just as a job todo as the most people see there work it is understandable why he takes so long and most people on here who develop those game start not with knowledge in programming, rendering nor have the passion for it. they are fellow perverts who seek the money or a chance to escape their shitty reallife job etc

so heck if i would make such a game i would hire entire development team one who writes the story, one for the coding etc
but i doubt that this is the case here and if you would to all these fields and combine it with one person, i can assure you at some point xou need creativity breaks, a better comminuication with the patreon and here with us would be so much better, many people on here would understand that a human needs breaks, the DEVs should be more in touch with us then nobody would have a problem, the dev can take breaks but has to keep us updated and we could wait and support the DEV's not just finacially.

Falkfisch

Aug 10, 2018
If icstor actually gets $ 100,000 through Patreon, then in my eyes he even has a moral obligation ...
what would happen if the patrons had the opportunity to reclaim their non-compliance?

Project X? no idea...
the new project is on his Patreon page, but has also been at 10% for weeks

This is simply false. As much as the devs do not believe it, this forum is the reference and the starting point for new players and where most of the games and their respective devs are usually made known, for not to say that is all the games and their respective devs, which leads to possible patrons and consumers of these devs. If f95 really wasnt a benchmark, why does Icstor bother to report back every 3 months? Lets see what happens then if he doesnt update in more than 3 months and they put it here abandoned, lets see how many new players come to him, right? :)

The onhold tag already tends to throw back many players to try a game, imagine if you see a game with an abandoned tag, you will not bother to enter its thread directly, no matter how many pages and visits it had at the time.
exact my opinion...
Anyway, it's late, I'm going to bed
Good N8

Last edited:

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
[...]

I've read this a few times over the last pages. The fact that some people keep repeating it doesn't make it true. In fact, it's absolutely false.

The choices in that poll were not:
1) I keep making Milfy City.
2) I make a brand new thing.

The 2 actual options were:
1) I rush Milfy City's end in 2 more updates in the next few months and then move on to something new.
2) I keep developing MC properly at a slower pace, while starting to work on my new game.

Obviously, Milfy City's fans were really afraid that ICSTOR might just drop the game altogether, so when they were given the choice they clutched at straws and settled for the lesser evil. That is, they accepted to get slower updates (hahaha!) if it meant the game would eventually be completed properly.

Here's the post mentioning the poll results:

View attachment 637046

News #20 - Poll Results + Good news!

Hey guys, it’s almost the end of the month so I wanted to give you guys a quick update. Especially since the previous poll ended a few days ago. This time I have some good news to share for everyone! :)

Poll:
So it was generally a 50-50 split. But, the option for working on two games at the same time finally won narrowly by 2 percent. It’s quite a weird result and a little unexpected, I was prepared for something like a 20% swing one way or the other. Regardless, I have good news for the Patrons no matter which one they voted for.

Team:
A few posts ago I asked 3D Artists to reach me if they are interested in working on Milfy City. Finally, a few days ago a new member joined us! A 3D Artist with the nickname “Baron”.
See that render of Linda at the top of this post? That was entirely his work! As you can see he can copy my style really well. We can now start working on Milfy City together to speed up the process. I’ll focus mainly on Sara's content and all animations. He will focus on other characters, meaning that it gives me time to work also on a new project. My current plan is to release two versions of Milfy City(not final!) before episode one of the new game.

I hope that this pleases everyone that we’re continuing working on Milfy City. I hope I can give you guys some previews and information about the progress of everything in the middle of the next month :)
He hired Baron too! His renders and animations of Judy must be getting rusty after being unused for months now :)

3.80 star(s) 413 Votes