Mar 14, 2019
ICSTOR said:
The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames. The programmer is working on two new minigames.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Apparently they don't have the GPU enabled rendering for the 2080 series for now.

Most of the game data is done. adding stuff takes time, sure, but the coding is mainly done. For myself, it's custom coding stuff. For his, it's the same as almost every other game. Possibly a simple asset purchased online. But the poke-through is only a problem with clothing. Most scenes don't have clothing on, and once with Daz, there is built in morph choices. I honestly don't think that is as difficult as some make it seem.
View attachment 367542
This picture took my friend 1 minute and 30 seconds.
I really don't know what you are trying to prove here, because as I said your assumptions about how much work goes into what becomes a final render is only partly related to the actual render time - many of your assertions on how quickly things can be adjusted to ICSTOR's apparent standards were simply too idealistic (and I showed examples of that). You seem to be armchair-quarterbacking someone who already produces a visibly high-quality product, so if you really feel that you can improve upon his process, maybe hit his Discord and offer your Daz 3D / Iray / Project Management skills.

I don't want to sound mean, but although that render above is fine it is nowhere near something I'd expect to see in Milfy City, quality-wise (materials, lighting, rendering and composition). Look at ICSTOR's most recent previews in this topic and some major differences will pop out immediately, but if you want a full critique we should take it out of this topic. We can all render a basic scene with "eh" posing, lighting, weak materials and noise/grain - what you do beyond that is what becomes your signature style for a given series, release or project.

I mean, this render took over 25 minutes with 3xGPUs and Octane instead of Iray - a lone 1060 would have a fun time with it, I'm sure: https://f95zone.to/threads/the-visit-v0-10-fix2-stiglet.10361/page-163#post-2103541 . Even though it was just a quickie to show off an outfit which was referenced in the thread, it still took some time to compose and get the materials + lighting halfway decent for appearing like a sudden standoff in an early morning timeframe for an alleyway that would soon be waking up. I'm not claiming it's the greatest thing in the world (because it ain't), but it contains examples of elements, adjustments, settings and output that I've been talking to in my past two posts.

There are ways to optimize render times in Daz Iray, especially using tools such as Iray section planes to cut out unnecessary geometry from a scene being rendered. But even there, that creates lighting and related environment considerations which still need to be adjusted for.

Last edited:

Noxusa

Mar 12, 2019
I'm not a Patreon so I don't really have any right to speak. However, I can only imagine how frustrating the wait must be for ICSTOR's Patreons. I mean, the last update was around, what, 260 days ago? That's a ridiculous amount of time to work on an update when you have people backing you up.

I'm actually impressed he has so many GPUs. I admire the work that he has already done. I myself have no idea how to even begin creating those scenes and renders (would love to learn it). I'll just play the update whenever it comes out, as I really have no right to complain. But I just feel bad for his Patreons. ICSTOR is one of the bigger names on the website too, so the expectations are high.

Rodzaju

Dec 25, 2018
I'm dreading the day the update actually is done and the couple of hours between being made available and uploaded here there will be 1000 comments on this thread all wondering where it is.
I almost hope that there is some secret agreement to hold off uploading it here for 24 - 48 hours, just to see the begging / demanding shitstorm...

Bonus points for claiming that the release statement is a lie to keep stringing along patrons for another month...
Of course it's a lie. If it really had been released, it would be here!!

:devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :whistle:

throw_nws

Jul 19, 2017
I almost hope that there is some secret agreement to hold off uploading it here for 24 - 48 hours, just to see the begging / demanding shitstorm...
That would be hilarious... but also not entirely impossible. There have been a few times where a dev has asked his patrons not to share to f95 and other sites for at least a couple of days, and the patrons actually do. Timestamps was a recent example IIRC and so was Long Live The Princess, amongst others.

Seagal

Oct 10, 2017
Highly doubt we'll have a situation like that. If by some chance it looks like we might, then I'll put that to an end myself.

It's been a long wait for this episode. People are getting impatient and very anxious to finally get a new update for one of the best games on this site, and I'm not gonna have people here potentially gloating that they have the episode while others don't, or anyone getting enjoyment off of other people getting upset. I would also feel bad for the staff and moderators here who'd have to deal with that shit.

This is gonna be the biggest, and in my opinion the best update this game will ever have, and everyone deserves to play it ASAP after this LONG wait. There will be no significant delay on this episode releasing, and I can promise you that right now.

Now if everyone could just chill the fuck out in here, and patiently wait for this shit to release. We got Being A DIK releasing next Friday! Along with some other great stuff coming out this month. Hopefully ICSTOR can get this out in August also, but if it's got a small delay it's no big deal. There's gonna be a lot of good stuff to play!

Last edited:

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
That would be hilarious... but also not entirely impossible. There have been a few times where a dev has asked his patrons not to share to f95 and other sites for at least a couple of days, and the patrons actually do. Timestamps was a recent example IIRC and so was Long Live The Princess, amongst others.
For the record, I've never asked my patrons anything like that, as far as I can recall. You're probably getting me mixed up with someone else. :)

throw_nws

Jul 19, 2017
For the record, I've never asked my patrons anything like that, as far as I can recall. You're probably getting me mixed up with someone else. :)
Probably! I just remember one of your releases where people here were demanding the new version but none of the patrons 'donated' it for a couple of days.

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Just offer someone $100 a week to do it. Hell, I would do it. ICSTOR, hit me up, I need the money.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Model set up can take 16 hours for the first time. If you are trying to customize your models. After that, you never need to touch it again. Using an animation system to do minor adjustments for 1 frame for every frame in a single frame doesn't take that long. I've been using daz for awhile now and know where to cut corners and know where to put time in. the dick pushing into the back of a characters brain doesn't matter since you never see it. the mouth and lips are 100% of the focus at that point. You start with that bought asset, and it does maybe 90% of the work. Angling a camera to hide collision issues becomes a super useful trick. It doesn't matter if your hand clips through the character if you can use a convincing angle. Using the altered focal points is also a great trick to use. If you set the focal point down, it will blur collision with objects. As for lighting, a simple method to use is reduce the Lumens amount and alter the colour to a light orange/yellow. reduce the intensity, looks like a dusk or dawn setting. Most of the scenes he uses are pre-bought assets that come with built in lights that are simple to alter. I don't support him, or anyone because I am poorer than poor, but, if I was going to, I would need more than the same 50 assets I have seen in every trending game in the trending section. I would much rather give to someone making something like Summertime saga just because the guys draws everything. And even then, I would like to know the details of how he does it so I can voice an opinion how he can do it better since I would be Paying him.

On an aside, try disabling 2 gpus and offloading your rendering to GPU cuda rendering. I don't remember 100%, but the thing I heard was that if you have multiple GPU, it will only use the lowest one settings to do anything. I am probably off on that, but worth a try.

3.70 star(s) 409 Votes