Aug 5, 2016
A bit late for the party,so he's back right?I don't see 'On hold' in the title.
Yes, he is back to work, as was announced earlier this week. The update is currently sitting at 65% done, which is where he was before his hiatus. Now that the hiatus is over, we can expect him to start making progress on the update. I don't know how he organizes his workflow but my understanding is that he will post updates of 10-15% at a time every few weeks, before a week or two of testing and bugfixes. Do not expect the update before the end of the month. July-August is the most reasonable time frame for this.

Reactions: CamelRed

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
This thread will never dissapoints you. Every day, here will be one "where is the update/when will be next update" post, some "Icstor doomed us all/Icstor is our savior" posts, and "This game is dead/No, its not" post.
View attachment 315703
Every time I come back to t his thread after a day or two away I always think to myself "Wait, haven't I already seen this asked and answered before?" I feel like I'm in a friggin time loop with this thread.

L0thar

Jul 24, 2017
Every time I come back to t his thread after a day or two away I always think to myself "Wait, haven't I already seen this asked and answered before?" I feel like I'm in a friggin time loop with this thread.
I have the same. This is probably due to laziness. There are people who do not want to read and ask about something immediately, hoping that someone will answer them immediately. It only unnecessarily clutters the thread.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Never Feed The Troll...
Of course not. You don't feed a troll, a troll feeds you. The term troll doesn't refer to a creature dwelling under a bridge who likes to eat goats. It refers to a fisherman trolling for fish. As in keeping their line just under the waters while the boat is moving to try and catch a fish.

sarge87

Apr 27, 2017
Of course not. You don't feed a troll, a troll feeds you. The term troll doesn't refer to a creature dwelling under a bridge who likes to eat goats. It refers to a fisherman trolling for fish. As in keeping their line just under the waters while the boat is moving to try and catch a fish.
Unlike trolls from Norwegian folklore semantic disambiguation is a real thing you know.

mike_campbell

Mar 3, 2019
someone has an idea of when the next update could come out?
No idea why they're all attacking you for your question.

A few pages back ICSTOR posted that he's releasing it to a test group for fifteen minutes between 3am and 5am on Tuesday (4th May). He's chosen those hours so his server isn't overloaded. ICSTOR will post a time expiring link for fifteen minutes on here at some point between those hours. I'm setting my alarm and investing two hours refreshing these pages till it shows. I suggest you do the same. Everyone else will have to wait another month.

401Grem

May 14, 2017

A few pages back ICSTOR posted that he's releasing it to a test group for fifteen minutes between 3am and 5am on Tuesday (4th May). He's chosen those hours so his server isn't overloaded. ICSTOR will post a time expiring link for fifteen minutes on here at some point between those hours. I'm setting my alarm and investing two hours refreshing these pages till it shows. I suggest you do the same. Everyone else will have to wait another month.
I suppose you meant 4th of June, as may is a year away?

Marzapane

May 17, 2018
someone has an idea of when the next update could come out?
Hei mate, don't listen to the bullshit about prerelease on the fourth of may/june. That's not true. The update Will most likely be ready on the First days of july (my Guess), there Is no Way to get It before It Is officially released, unless you are a coworker of icstor i Guess.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Guys, for the update. Its at 65%, he goes at about 16% a month. So we'll get the game sometime in August. Simple prediction based on his work rate and where the progress is now.

Marzapane

May 17, 2018
Guys, for the update. Its at 65%, he goes at about 16% a month. So we'll get the game sometime in August. Simple prediction based on his work rate and where the progress is now.
Well if he actually were to go at that 16% rate we would see an update every 6 months. Which Is not the case. We see one every 3 months (0.6 Is a pretty unusual update, due to icstor taking an holiday in between and being burned out, therefore working slowly also before the holiday). The difference in time between 0.2,0.3,0.4,0.5 has Always been 3 month or less. So It Is a 33% peace, It Is to Say se have to wait One more month. Anyways the new animations could take more time so maybe you are right.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Nobody is being "attacked", but I think a lot of people are more than a little annoyed at the laziness of people that can't read the very page they'll be posting to. In fact, I don't understand how someone could avoid reading about the current status if they tried. It doesn't help that this thread is full of 'will they / won't they' arguments so the 'hai gize wheres the upd8' posts become a bone in most people's craw.

3.70 star(s) 410 Votes