megacct

May 15, 2017
Cripes.. quite the gap between updates, but at least we now have a (supposedly) firm timeframe. Here's to 0.6 being worth the wait. ;)

Life goes on, guys. Just find something else to stroke off to in the mean time.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

Rico83

Jan 15, 2018

Hello again everyone! I'm back after a short break!

My break actually ended a little while ago, but I decided not to add a new post immediately because I wanted to check if I can go back and continue working on the game like I used to.

As I said in my last post, there will be some changes. I’ll be working on the characters I want to work and I’m in the mood to do so. The polls tier will remain, but It will affect different things than character selection for future updates.

Okay, I think that’s enough small talk - it’s time for some real news on the game!

Version 0.6
I decided to expand this update by adding the neighbors into it. Version 0.6 will contain Caroline, Celia, and the Neighbours content. After such a long wait between updates everyone would feel disappointed if there was a small amount of new content. The planned release dates for this year are v0.6 in August / v0.7 in October / v0.8 in December. I hope that there will be no more delays in releases.
The 65% progress bar will be stay like that for a while to represent the real current progress since I am expanding the scope of this next update to include the neighbours.

Polls

The polls will be sent directly via private messages and the result will be posted a few days later for everyone to see. The polls here on Patreon are too restrictive so I prefer to use my old method for gathering data.

Hardware
I have some good news here. I have invested in an x11 graphics card 1080ti. It's not as fast as I wanted it to be for animations, but the change in rendering speed is very noticable. It should be good enough for this year.

As a reminder, those who pledged for the months when I was on break and one month before that will receive this update for free. If you want, you can even cancel your pledge for August when the game will be released since you will receive it anyway via PM.

Now that I’ve finished writing this update I’m going back to render the next batch of scenes.
I’m working a little differently than before. Previously, I would work from morning until night, and it burned me out. I now have a planned schedule for everything and I promised myself that I’ll not work outside my planned hours. I'll be taking better care of my health from now on. I hope it will not affect the amount of renders per release. Perhaps if I work smart I may even increase it? We’ll see. :)

Thank you again for your continued support over the past four years. I really appreciate it! :)
Thanks for the information;).
The picture is wonderful:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
Why the neighbors, the neighbors do not interest :oops::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:sorry is like that :p
I'm looking forward to August

Pica-bu

Dec 21, 2017
Caroline: "Go and get some sleep. You and I will need to have a chat tomorrow about where we stand"
MC: "Yeah, that's sound like a good idea."
You: "*sigh* Yeah, It`s sound more like in a fucking year, not "tomorrow" :cautious:"
And believe me - I want it to be just a joke, but "too bad so sad" - the last update with Caroline was in August last year...:unsure:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Ya'll just gotta keep yourself occupied. I love this news. Am I bummed about the 2 extra months? Yup :cry:. But it is what it is. I'm more excited for the extra content. All it requires is a little more patience. 8 months. What's 2 more? It'll only feel like 2 years or more if you're constantly stalking this page every day for an update. Just go out, do something. Play other games, play a sport, watch a movie, and watch the 2 months fly by.

People complained about the lack of communication and the state of the game. Don't start complaining about the announced release date. Beggars can't be choosers bro. You got the date, now just wait. If August comes and he pulls a Gumdrop or Arrota, rip the man a new one for all I care.

Reactions: Laziness

affeimzoo

Aug 20, 2018
Glad i quit my patreon months ago with the horrendous writing. There are way better and more consistent developer out there to support.

Shame though this game has the best animations of all adult games, its not even close.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
What you mean MNP and its creator dr.sin made a mistake of going with unity but his DOD was flawless in terms of releases.This is ridiculous ,sin will get back of his regular updates before Milfy 0.6 trust.
:rolleyes: Well, the dude stopped delivering "regular" updates after DoD part VIII came out (in Nov. 2017), in fact :whistle:.

We're off topic, anyway: so, please DON'T answer.

• Haha
Reactions: Thermophob

FromTheDepths123

Sep 26, 2017
Chill your anus. After the Christmas episode on Patreona there are only 2 messages from him, if it's good enough for you, not for me. And this desire, not nagging, as you said.
if you are so sick of this whining you have the choice not to come here or just ignore, no one forces you to answer if you don’t want
and i'm pretty sure one of them messages was that he was taking a 2 month break for his health. That's all the info you need. You can't expect someone to keep working if it's affecting their health, no matter how much you want to beat your meat.

HonoredEx

May 2, 2017

Hardware
I have some good news here. I have invested in an x11 graphics card 1080ti. It's not as fast as I wanted it to be for animations, but the change in rendering speed is very noticable. It should be good enough for this year.
Only about this bit, I mean with the money he made, making etc. And I am not trying to sound negative, but at this point in this patreon carrier shouldnt he have bought a better card than just 1080Ti, I dont know the rest of the specs but I would hope most patreon devs making decent $ would invest in good hardware thats relatively recent.

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

BigBrotherrrr

Aug 28, 2017
Only about this bit, I mean with the money he made, making etc. And I am not trying to sound negative, but at this point in this patreon carrier shouldnt he have bought a better card than just 1080Ti, I dont know the rest of the specs but I would hope most patreon devs making decent $ would invest in good hardware thats relatively recent.
It's 11 (eleven) 1080Ti cards.

Aug 28, 2017
Yeah that's what struck me the most.

It's 11 (eleven) 1080Ti cards.
Hmm could be but I really doubt it. He referred to it as "it".
I also assume he means DX11? :unsure:

It would be really really strange if he only now has invested in a high end GPU. And not even an RTX 2080..

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
No one who works hard and takes pride in what they do chooses to delay presenting their efforts to the public (if they feel it's completed to the best of their ability). It's human nature to want that praise and recognition. Because of that (and how far behind the title is already), his story doesn't add up. That doesn't necessarily mean he's doing something nefarious, though. He probably just spoke a little optimistically or maybe exaggerated how complete things were earlier this year, then the roof fell in on him and he got stuck.

Your health and real life complications are things you don't want spread around the internet. Personally, when my shit goes south, I just tell people I was really busy at work. About 6 months ago I spent 2 weeks in jail and another 6 of community service after a series of events ending with me pissing on cop car. I tell my patrons I'm "Busy at work." They don't need to know all that. I would expect a story about "wanting a big update!" was probably the best excuse he could come up with, without revealing too much. Since no one is gonna believe he was busy at work with how much he makes.

It would be really really strange if he only now has invested in a high end GPU. And not even an RTX 2080..
The 2080ti doesn't scale very well in cost, especially if you're considering a bulk purchase. The 25'ish% performance gain over a 1080ti is minuscule considering the price is 2x that of a 1080ti (which, by the way, is 11gb of video memory. That is what I assumed the '11' meant since the non-ti builds are 4gb or something). A 1080ti will still be considered a respectable mid-range card in 2022 and the prices are much more reasonable. Assuming he's buying them in bulk. He also spoke like he'd be upgrading next year, so he might be waiting for the prices of 2080ti to come down a bit.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 404 Votes