Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
How is this not considered on hold/abandoned? Nine months without an update seven if the medical issue is to be believed with nothing.
The website has a policy of contact. If you contact the site you will not be considered abandoned.

daedal

Apr 28, 2018
anything like this? incest patch was great and i know i wont be seeing much for linda and the little sister any time soon.

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
That hole you're in is of your own making, I'm afraid.

For example, Pascal is an architecture - it supports CUDA cards by NVidia. ICSTOR's 1080 Ti cards? Pascal architecture-based, like mine. My cards have 12GB RAM, his have 11GB each. There is better standard cooling with the 1080 Ti cards. Otherwise, they are pretty close from a performance standpoint, though his cards can be overclocked more reliably (unless you use better cooling solutions for the Titan X (Pascal) series.)

So, as I've said before in more words than now: you know some basics, but not enough to make sense of your original argument - or, your new ones above - about how much time it should take ICSTOR from setup to final render of his scenes. I've addressed each of your points and the hardware one is the least important, but even on that you are unfortunately in need of more information.

Keep practicing and learning and maybe create your own game someday? It's a wide open field.
Then why is there still clipping and objects floating in his renders if his quality is so good? How about colours changing on things in between certain pictures and scenes? How about 0 custom objects. All store assets. Why use an extremely limited engine like Ren'Py instead of unity or something with more customization? There is a lot more than just renders that we can point at. But I don't want to point the finger at every short coming I have noticed that a lot of games have when you play enough of them.

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
I'm just going to disagree with this. When I became his Patron there was never any kind of employment contract or agreement that my contribution entitled me to x-hours of work from him every day/month/year. And for all I know he is putting in 40 hours a week. I have no clue. But regardless, it wasn't a condition of my patronage.

What I was promised (and have received) is what was described to me in the little box that tells me what I get for being a patron.

It doesn't promise me x-number of releases in a year. Or even specify the period between those releases. For my contribution I am entitled to:

Level - 2
$15 or more per month
  • Access to the Patreon feed, with regular updates about the upcoming version!
  • My gratitude!
  • Access to an exclusive discord channel
  • Access to each game update previously tested by beta-testers.
  • Access to questionnaires concerning plot and game mechanics; you will be able to decide what direction the game should follow.

Nothing more, nothing less. This is what was promised and it's what has been delivered. He doesn't owe me anything beyond that.

And as someone who is giving him money, I don't need someone else looking over my shoulder and telling me I should be concerned with the quality of my investment. Especially from people who aren't buying stock in anything.
If the money is being equally divided between 3 people, as he has said he has 2 others working with him, you don't think $20,000 a month means he should put in 8 hours a day? You can spend your money on what you want, and I won't argue that, but, I am allowed to say that I think people giving him money are giving him way too much.

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
The absolute worst thing about Patreon is that it makes everyone who gives an artist a dollar each month (and also a lot of people who don't even do that much) think that they're The Boss, sitting with their feet on their desk while their art-slaves toil away for them in their sweatshop below.

ICSTOR is not your employee. If you don't like his product, don't pay for it. If you think it's taking too long, find some other game to play in the meantime. Coming here and bitching because you can't fire him for not working hard enough accomplishes nothing except to annoy us. ICSTOR doesn't even post here so he'll never even see any of your complaints.
Not his boss, but a contributor. That's the entire point. As I said to another, your money, you spend it how you want. But don't pretend that people aren't entitled to criticize or judge a product whether they pay for it or not. He is making roughly $60,000 a month, if everyone is paying him average $10 is my guess, then why doesn't he hire someone do design custom assets instead of buying ones everyone uses? Why doesn't he hire a community manager to put in 2 hours a week into reading and replying to messages? There is a lot more to criticize him for, and I will probably see them eventually, but don't pretend that he is somehow above that criticism. No one is. Look at other people in the thread. I'm sure there are others who were paying that stopped for whatever reason. I'm just criticizing a creator whose creation doesn't reflect his paycheque with his work ethic or even with how he seems to treat his contributors.

Wasn't there a picture of over 700 messages he said he "Couldn't read them all"?

3.80 star(s) 415 Votes