nakidaou

Mar 5, 2018
Let's just be thankful for the good times this game has brought us.
Way to go Icstor! Keep up the good work, don't die on us now!

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
The reality is that if you are a patreon or not, the developer does not care about your opinion while you continue paying, I remember that in the last update there was, there were also many problems of delay, and in the last delay there was no information and a part of the community demanded information about the delay and the release date, and since there was no information or responses, the Patreons went to ICSTOR's discord to request information and the only response they received was to ban it toxicly, the administrators laughed at the people together for another 5 patreon more, hoping who else could ban, they also banned me because I told them "because they were so toxic and ICSTOR gave no information about anything". "
Sorry to hear you were banned but that Discord comes with rather clear rules, IMHO. And a lot of drive-by whiners (hence, they instantiated the rules to keep that down - try mentioning an Android version, for example.)

I see a lot of discussion on next releases, making fun of the schedule being pushed out, etc. There is no iron glove there when it comes to taking the piss on the Dev.

ICSTOR is a developer who always gets bored of his projects every time he gets bored, necessarily ends. (In case anyone doubts, I invite you to try their other games)
This claim has been disputed within this very topic, numerous times.

Second, instead of being mum, he could come out and state the future of this game NOT least because this game _perhaps_ got him his bread-n-butter and all the fans on this forum and elsewhere. The game update % won't mean anything if after this or couple of updates the game gets canned. What could help him is if he's been honest about his release cycle.
What does this even mean beyond already stating what will be in the next installment, that they are back from break and actively working on that installment, that they have advertised high-level content to be covered in the next installment, perhaps?

You seem to be implying that the Dev is lying or hiding something, here. He's not the most communicative type for details of the project at all stages, but that's been consistent for their adult game career by all appearances.

• Sad
Reactions: Jaun Karr

sandstorm1872

Sep 6, 2018
Sorry to hear you were banned but that Discord comes with rather clear rules, IMHO. And a lot of drive-by whiners (hence, they instantiated the rules to keep that down - try mentioning an Android version, for example.)

I see a lot of discussion on next releases, making fun of the schedule being pushed out, etc. There is no iron glove there when it comes to taking the piss on the Dev.

This claim has been disputed within this very topic, numerous times.

What does this even mean beyond already stating what will be in the next installment, that they are back from break and actively working on that installment, that they have advertised high-level content to be covered in the next installment, perhaps?

You seem to be implying that the Dev is lying or hiding something, here. He's not the most communicative type for details of the project at all stages, but that's been consistent for their adult game career by all appearances.

It means exactly what I wrote -- every dev/creator likes to tease and show off previews. But with the current chaos and delayed update, it would help ICSTOR's case if he establishes a timeline for future updates, also accounting for any mishaps. People here are reasonable, most of us perfectly know they're getting this game for free here on F95 but the lack of communication hurts the fans less than it does the dev himself. CheekyGimp is exceptional in being open & honest with his patrons as well as his fans here on F95.

P.S -- Sorry Cheeky, didn't mean to drag/spam you into this but had to give credit where it was due!

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I've been sitting on the fence for quite a while now and I understand the main viewpoints expressed in this thread: some claim that someone who makes $40,000 a month should be more professional (or professionalized if you prefer), while some argue that non-patreons shouldn't whine about the lack of updates and aren't morally allowed to criticize Icstor so harshly.
Both are right up to a point.

However, something that I will never get my head around is the stupid argument that patreons who support devs don't pay for them to deliver a certain work. What do they pay for then? So that they can fulfill themselves doing what makes them happy? "They are artists, don't push them!". That's absolute nonsense in my opinion. Patreon supporters pay a dev in exchange for his developing a game; the frequency and extension of each update is to be decided and stated honestly by each dev in advance, and then you are free to decide if you want to spend your money on that person or not.
But $40,000 is almost twice the average yearly salary in my country and I'm from Western Europe. This is his job, not his hobby.

Jun 8, 2017
You guys act like he makes 40k himself every month like half thats taxed and then he has to pay people and everything else I doubt he honestly makes 5k a month himself which is decent but not huge like you think it is

• Haha
Reactions: Q Who

tall tale

Dec 27, 2017
40K $ people assume mostly 10$ patrons , but reality is likely closer to most patrons being 1$ cheap skates like me ,then he is far of 40k

Jun 8, 2017
40K $ people assume mostly 10$ patrons , but reality is likely closer to most patrons being 1$ cheap skates like me ,then he is far of 40k
He does make like 40k a month its on patreons list of top 5 adult games you can see the list hes not even the top some wierd fox game thing makes like 80k a month

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
It means exactly what I wrote -- every dev/creator likes to tease and show off previews. But with the current chaos and delayed update, it would help ICSTOR's case if he establishes a timeline for future updates, also accounting for any mishaps. People here are reasonable, most of us perfectly know they're getting this game for free here on F95 but the lack of communication hurts the fans less than it does the dev himself. CheekyGimp is exceptional in being open & honest with his patrons as well as his fans here on F95.

P.S -- Sorry Cheeky, didn't mean to drag/spam you into this but had to give credit where it was due!
There's no "chaos" that I see - that's drama from some noisy commenters.

As I mentioned above, the Dev has already stated where they are at with the game now and planning forward - yet you keep insinuating that they are hiding something. Your point is coming from an assumption - does it have any grounding in evidence? I am a big fan of a couple other devs - and I support them - one with a solid history of monthly updates and regular communications, the other who has slowed in updates and communications over a half year period but still has my faith in their efforts from what they have communicated - when they had the time - about their path towards upcoming releases.

Everyone here has seen and read how ICSTOR handles communications about release development and he's been rather consistent in that regard. Apparently, more patronage and break time hasn't changed his game dev or project management style, who would have thunk it?

So, while I agree more public updates might be nice for some people and even suggested so earlier in this topic , it's apparently not seen by the Dev as a dire enough need for them to change course and manage their Patreon communications any differently. ICSTOR's business will live and die on how they handle marketing and deliverables, so it's really up to them to decide what's important for their Patrons (current and future), I feel.

tall tale

Dec 27, 2017
Man people are realy geting to riled on assumed 40K $ ,assumeomg mostly 10$ patrons , but reality is likely closer to most patrons being 1$ cheap skates like me ,then he is far of 40k and ither way most are not contributing a dime so why all the fuss.

You have people making milions on far more lame and less work intensive stuff.

Sorry for double post ,but is some F95 bug

Agent HK47

Mar 3, 2018
The sad fact is this update is going to suck either way,the cow sister and the ugly ceceila or whatever is getting a update,don't like either of them,next update will be Sara and shes the only charecter worth playing this game for,guess I will see you guys in another year good luck fapping to the cow sister
Caroline a cow? Celia ugly?

With beauty standards of that caliber, I will take a guess and say that you:

- Have a beard crawling down your neck
- Wear a fedora
- Go to various anime conventions, hitting up various pretty female cosplayers, always addressing them as "Mylady"

3.80 star(s) 405 Votes