Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Seems kind of weird all these "supporters" who are apparently cancelling their subscriptions yet ICSTORS numbers don't actually decline? For the past month they've been increasing. It's as if they never subbed to begin with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
Seems kind of weird all these "supporters" who are apparently cancelling their subscriptions yet ICSTORS numbers don't actually decline? For the past month they've been increasing. Almost as if they never subbed to begin with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They are most likely new people who just found the game recently. Many supporters simply forget their monthly pledge.

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
Icstor said:
Since my last update we have doubled the size of the next release to over 2000 images (and still growing!)
Eh what? The last update was August 8th. He doubled the amount of images in 3 weeks? I know animations take a lot longer to produce than pictures and I also know he took about 2.5 months off (including the holidays) but perhaps saying half the images were done in 3 weeks is not the best look when the last update came out 36 weeks ago.

Speaking of which I'd be curious to know if anyone can make an educated guess as to how long it takes to create an animation opposed to just pictures? I'd guess 50-100 but I have no clue.

Reactions: Jaun Karr

Aquatic

Aug 7, 2018
It was fairly obvious 0.6 wasn't going to make the August 31 deadline. 10% to go and probably a week or two for bugfixing just wasn't going to happen when this week started. If anything, the sheer size of this update may mean a longer than normal testing period.

I do think that adding the neighbors and apparently a scene with the Harley Quinn girl probably pushed a doable update into late territory though. That should have been foreseeable.

As for the "he should have released the Caroline stuff as a seperate update" argument, he wasn't even fully done with her when he burned out. All the writing and bug testing would have still needed to happen and icstor likely wasn't capable of dealing with that extra stress during the burnout.

Last edited:

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
This is just getting ridiculous at this point. They haven't even finished the 10% and are still adding more ( "still growing"), wtf, know when to stop ffs.
They need to know when to say "that's enough".

Where did the extra 900 images come from? I'm still confused by that. I brought up how 1100 wasn't a lot and got my head chewed off. That was like 2 weeks ago. If 1100 is so much, how is that additional 900 so easy to add?

Reactions: Jaun Karr

Sheperdxgn

Mar 24, 2018
Just a comment, i think it's interesting to compare the reaction of actual patrons vs pirates.
Well if your paying monthly for a product that was supposed to be released in spring then got pushed to mid summer then gets pushed to late summer/early fall then the common sense thing to do is defend the creator of said product other wise you look like a fool for throwing your money at it, pirates on the other hand don't throw their money so they have free reign to praise or belittle the creator, I'm speaking for some here who aren't even mad we just find this whole situation fucking hilarious cause you know were pirates and shit no money out of my pocket, I'd defend Icstor to the death if I was throwing money at this but I have a strict diet of no BS sorry.

Seagal

Oct 10, 2017
Well it is a little disappointing for it to be officially delayed, but it was to be expected I guess. I was hoping that we'd see at least it go into testing around the 31st - 1st and see a week / week and half delay, but it sounds like it might be 3 more weeks or something now.

I think it's pretty clear now also that we're realistically only looking at one more update after 0.6 for the rest of the year. It was supposed to be 0.6 in August. 0.7 in October and 0.8 in December wasn't it? Well that's all pushed back and thrown out the window now. We'll be lucky to have 0.7 in December... And so help me god if he does another stupid Season bonus update again I will be fucking pissed...

But I am gonna still give ICSTOR a pass here (am I stupid?), because I think he really just wanted to deliver a huge update for us since it's been so long since 0.5. He just wasn't able to get it done in August with all the extra additions. I mean, I'm sure the additional content like the neighbors, etc, will be fantastic, but I don't want to see stuff like this happen again in the future. He needs to manage his time better so he doesn't get burn out again, while also laying out a firm plan for updates that he can for sure deliver on in around 75 days.

Well, hopefully we see it release in the first half of September, but believe me I'm not gonna hold my breathe. We do have some good stuff coming out in the mean time though, so enjoy that stuff while we wait. New update for Midnight Paradise released today. We'll see a huge update to Timestamps that's in testing and could release literally any day now . New update for City of Broken Dreamers should be out at some point here. So lots of good stuff upcoming also from literally top tier games.

I also want to apologize to everyone here. I was here telling everyone to have faith in the great ICSTOR, and that he'll deliver in time or at minimum first week in September, but I was wrong. Very wrong. Maybe Q Who and his Tweety Bird "Now that's Funny" picture or whatever the fuck that guy responds with was right.

I've been fapping for almost a straight week with ICSTOR written on my dick to bring good luck for us all (shit still hasn't come off... never should have used a sharpie)! I'm not gonna talk about staying cool and being positive anymore. The complaints and bitching is totally fair now.

I'm done. Not feeling great now... And I think I need to go and try and wash this shit off my dick...

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Entirely expected, given that he stated not long ago that cranking up more scenes was next on his list and there was a big queue to go (after he added scope, of course). If you visited his Discord at all, the tone was very clearly "It will be done when it's done (but hopefully not too long from now)." This has been clear with a number of posters here, of course.

There have been good points raised about his project management style and even ICSTOR seems to be openly offering that this installment was going to be unusual compared to prior and following ones, so just something keep in mind. He likes to shoot high, apparently.

Really, anyone hinging on August as a hard and fast date was either being highly optimistic (hope isn't always bad!) or salivating to "gotcha!" hang ICSTOR on that timeframe so they could point at him and mock, etc. Most of the noise here is from the latter bunch and it means nothing.

As I said, when other Devs need more time I usually don't see a big issue raised (context matters), but in this case a huge trolling faction has developed here and it's practically an industry of its own. So, just a bunch of kids (emotionally) with time on their hands to point fingers and pretend they are superior in some manner. Meh.

3.70 star(s) 410 Votes