Sheperdxgn

Mar 24, 2018
Thanks for sharing.

My guess is that ICSTOR was describing "missing scenes" from the perspective of testing: scenes are "missing" in the overall flow related to choices made - not because scene content was missing - because they still needed to stitched together all of their content correctly.

It's certainly possible that some content is also missing because they completely missed it, but his sentence otherwise sounds like a side-effect of their Marvel-style (sorta) workflow: create the images first on a plot idea, then flesh out the story text, then code and hope you mash it all together correctly. I think that "mash it all together" step is still in-progress ... hence, "missing scenes" when they test.

Who knows? But, their seemingly big-bang approach of piecing everything together obviously makes this phase more complex for a larger release.
So pretty much they have all the puzzle pieces but haven't put it together fully yet? Genuine question.

nNarsil

Aug 26, 2018
If you pay attention, the update isn't actually finished yet, he's still working on content. He basically just changed the status to "testing" to shut up the people screaming their heads off at how long it was stuck at 95%.

Honestly, I hope he's deleting a scene for every time someone posts "Waaaaaah ICSTOR is a lazy scammer milking his patrons waaaaah."
If we get like this I hope I cancel it and that way the problems will end

Reactions: Jaun Karr

nNarsil

Aug 26, 2018
That won't help it end. It'll actually have the opposite effect.
the extremes are bad, both defending all their decisions and criticizing them all.

At this step we will give this: This game has not received updates in more than a year, in that time the developer has kept contact but missed multiple self-imposed deadlines. The game is effectively abandoned despite not meeting our requirements to be tagged as such.
does it sound to you?

Last edited:

Aquatic

Aug 7, 2018
Yeah...if the "delayed to Oct 10" bit is true then it's a big failure on ICSTOR's part. Something needs to be fixed with time management and production output.

I'm not a patreon but I'd seriously be considering pulling my pledge at this point.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
So pretty much they have all the puzzle pieces but haven't put it together fully yet? Genuine question.
That's one way I looked at the comment. Plus, they may literally have missed some pieces - I would tend to doubt whole scenes (but who knows?) and are finding out only while piecing it all together and testing.

Either way, seems it's going to be awhile.

Then you'll get the pirates claiming this is clearly milking, etc. It seems unlikely that ICSTOR - given his history and desire to keep cash flowing - is doing that vs he simply got over his head on this release (and hit his typical project management skill limits) ... which he's done before.

Occam's Razor and all: ICSTOR has never been good at project management and this is turning into his shining example of that weakness. He really needs to put out only smaller releases, at the very least.

Last edited:

dirtythiccboi

Aug 7, 2019
I wonder who suggested the make the neighbours' content. Did they think there wasn't enough content? He said they are trying to work on the new renpy. Before they are working the project didn't they know if we want to replace the whole thing with the new one we need more time to do so. They didn't think that through. They didn't think any of it. Idk how many years he works on adult games but he should have learnt what he really wants to do and what he should do for his and his team's sake. Unfortunate.
Ironically enough patreon supporters are asking for dumb shit and it's ultimately screwing things up and causing delays.

dirtythiccboi

Aug 7, 2019
Guys just think, there's a silver lining here as long as we all tell ourselves it. The update will come and it'll be the best update of all time.

That said, I'm more concerned about the word count. Really 30k words? I want to fap to Sarah's tight ass and Linda's tig bitties. I don't want to read a harry potter book. Da hell?>

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 415 Votes