Alpine Eagle

Russian Spy
Donor
Compressor
Apr 13, 2019
When I load my save v0.5 the house Celia was open
This screenshot is from the finished version 0.5
Try all the steps again
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
With Celia you should have 2/5 (End v0.5)
Celia.png
Or give me your save and I'll open her house on the map
Edit*
You didn't have Bob's job (workplace) and the beach, you didn't complete Linda's quests. Lisa's house, Zuri's house. Apparently you just started playing. Take your time, go through everything in order

Last edited:

Alpine Eagle

Russian Spy
Donor
Compressor
Apr 13, 2019
is there a version in which you can see the new scenes in the mc pc?
What are the new scenes, In the main gallery? There is no animation so the gallery is meaningless
The main gallery should drive up in version 0.6d (not the fact)
But there are many pictures in the secret gallery

I don't know how he was going to do the gallery if everyone had already passed the game. Will have undergo again
Or will all scenes be available at once? :unsure:

Last edited:

dj_05

Nov 4, 2017
Start by moving behind the first set of 2 barrels. Next you want to move to the left. Wait until the guard is looking away and the scrolling bar is in the blue. At your next point move again behind the 2 barrels at the bottom of the stairs. Again, move left when the two guards are looking away and the bar is in the blue. On your last move do not move behind the 2 barrels next to the guard. Just to their right are 3 boxes on the bottom shelf. Click one of them when the guard isn't looking.
thank u bro

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Hey since you're the Mac expert I had a quick question. Recently a dev has been getting "The application xxx can't be opened." errors from Mac players for renpy games, and the error seems to be unrelated to Catalina.

If I understand correctly then the Milfy City beta had a permissions issue caused by re-zipping the game's folder, but do you know if the permissions issue causes the "The application xxx can't be opened" error, or was the problems with Milfy City causing a different error?
Because the dev with the issue does remove an .rpa file from the Mac zipped game after it's built, so idk if that could be causing the error.

We talked to ICSTOR about it, but I didn't quite understand the 2nd sentence from his response lol. I'm assuming icstor is talking about the zip/app file?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. ^^

11/-/19 at 6:20 PM
Hey there
Some of my guys have issues running my games on Mac. One of them told me you managed to fix the same thing.
I guess Catalina messed something up? We thought of rebuilding with the latest renpy version could solve the issue.
If you can, please let me know what fixed it for your people. : ok_hand:

ICSTOR™ 11/-/19 at 8:08 PM
Hey, yes we used the latest Ren'py version. Also what is important you can't open that file or move to a different location because it's breaking the game again.
If you're talking about ES, I've talked to BlueCat about it. He's going to send me the next Alpha to see if the zip that Ren'Py makes works.

I've seen several reasons someone might get the "can't be opened" error.
  • Gatekeeper (Mac anti-malware built into the OS) quarantines the app.
    • I don't know why it does this sometimes, but it seems to happen more when the app is unziped, changed, then rezipped
    • This can be fixed with the xattr command in Terminal.
      • "xattr -l <app>" to see if there's a quarantine
      • "xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine <app>" to remove the quarantine
  • The executable permissions (equivalent to Windows ACLs) aren't correct.
    • rar and 7z files don't save Mac/Linux permissions, so those will lose them.
    • zip files made by WinRAR and 7zip might have the same issue - I don't have enough info on this.
    • Users can use Permission Fixer to fix this. Feel free to distribute it, but please don't change it. Note that it has links to F95zone in it.
  • The shell script that launches the app has DOS line endings.
    • I've only seen this on ES week 1 and day 8-9. I haven't looked at Fapoween yet.
    • Someone might have opened renpy.sh at the top level of the Ren'Py SDK in notepad, then saved it. I think Ren'Py copies this script to the Mac app (Contents/MacOS) and names it the name of the game (EcchiSensei).
I'd be happy to look at the game you're talking about to see which of these is the problem.

I don't think changing Ren'Py versions would fix the problem, but I might be wrong. I also don't think Catalina is causing this. Catalina dropped support for 32 bit apps, but Ren'Py has been 64 bit on MacOS for a long time (maybe forever).

To fix the issues I had running ES, I did this:
  • xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine EcchiSensei.app
  • run Permission Fixer on EcchiSensei.app
  • run vi on EcchiSensei.app/Contents/MacOS/EcchiSensei , then in vi ran these commands
    • :set ff=unix
    • :wq
I think what ICSTOR was talking about in the 2nd sentence was unzipping the app on Windows, changing something, and repackaging it. But, again, I might be wrong! :)

This is kind of off topic, so we should probably take this to PMs. I'm happy to help you figure out what the issues are. Kind of my way of paying back for all the games I'm pirating! :p

Definitely .6c but the Terminal trick seemed to work

*edit* never mind, now i have the permissions problem, giving up for now might come back later
Try Permission Fixer.

Last edited:

Jaekynk

Mar 20, 2018
Man what the fuck? I remember when they said this thing was gonna come out in april then september and then by the end of october and it has no animations. Meanwhile, I look at the Summertime Saga thread and they got new content for days.

I'm a casual fan of this game but if I were a patron, I'd be pissed. I come back to the thread every month to add a tally to the months this update has gone unreleased.

Renozrz

May 24, 2019
Man what the fuck? I remember when they said this thing was gonna come out in april then september and then by the end of october and it has no animations. Meanwhile, I look at the Summertime Saga thread and they got new content for days.

I'm a casual fan of this game but if I were a patron, I'd be pissed. I come back to the thread every month to add a tally to the months this update has gone unreleased.
Agree you brother......Already completed the new content for that game.....Quit enjoyed it....

Qianke

Apr 27, 2019

yeah, it's pretty difficult to overdo SummertimeSaga in terms of delaying release haha

Reactions: Mr Sandman
3.80 star(s) 415 Votes