Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Thanks for the response. So i can delete 0.1 after dling 0.2?
With most Ren'Py Games, yes. The only time that wouldn't be the case is when someone does like Mr Dot did with Dating My Daughter where after a point the story changes to a new "act" and although the saves from the first act still apply, you can't replay the game from the beginning (should you ever wish to) if you delete the last release of the first act. If all you have is the second act, doesn't mater if it is release 1.2, 1.4, or 1.6, your stuck in the second act if you deleted 1.0...

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
@ the staff members. You should really close this thread temporarily when the game will be out (or before). I think the " Craving gang " was just warming up.

Reactions: DarkWolf2055

DaveBp

Mar 29, 2018
With most Ren'Py Games, yes. The only time that wouldn't be the case is when someone does like Mr Dot did with Dating My Daughter where after a point the story changes to a new "act" and although the saves from the first act still apply, you can't replay the game from the beginning (should you ever wish to) if you delete the last release of the first act. If all you have is the second act, doesn't mater if it is release 1.2, 1.4, or 1.6, your stuck in the second act if you deleted 1.0...
On the other hand there is Dreams of Desire where Dr. Sin keeps all previous episodes in the updates. Although the download gets gradually bigger each time around, you can still play from day 1 if you wish. I think this is a better approach to Ren'Py games.

Reactions: Earthling

DGuedry151

Jan 30, 2018
I wonder if Las Vegas has an over/under betting line on how soon someone will ask for a walkthrough after this new update is released? I'm thinking less than 15 minutes...lol

Reactions: Nerttu

DaveBp

Mar 29, 2018
Small chance for today ? hum i have hope o/
The dev said yesterday that there is a small chance for a release today so I wouldn't get my hopes up. Better let it go so the surprise will be even better once the update is available. :)

sirjorah

Sep 22, 2017
You mention anyone with a brain understands people have different perspective. Okay fair point.

You say you have never seen other devs do what ICSTOR does with his progress bar? Your own logic people have different perspectives, no? ICSTOR simply has a different perspective on how he presents his progress bar compared to others.

Also, ICSTOR has been developing games for over 2 years. I have followed him since he first started making rpgmaker games, and as far as I know his presentation of his progress bar has been the same since he started. You would know that if you have been following him before.
The perspective comment was in response to the insult. I suggest the progress bar be changed to be universally understood. I’m not ripping the dev.

Honestly, I don’t care what devs been doing for years. Companies change as they grow. Newcomers won’t know the preset “standard”. In general society 100% means complete and ready for distribution. I speak as a new gamer/customer.

Reactions: jugde

A.J.

Donor
Jun 4, 2017
waiting a week for a update that you will finish in 2 days then back to waiting for a other 2 months
Well, maybe it's hard to code the game. He uses for his first time Ren'Py engine. Which means could bring him in complex situations... If instead, he did release, you would be complaining about bugs.

So chill out it will be released.

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Nooooooooooooooo, he said that IN this month, there will be another. You should read this thread imo.

Reactions: flanby
3.80 star(s) 415 Votes