Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
1. None of us are really "professional". Most are solo devs.
2. I am.
3. I 100% want people to, as long as they actually play the product. That's the problem with ICSTOR. It seems like he just wants to be left alone for as long as it takes and not held to any standard. All his other games ended abruptly with 0 closure. Ripping on eachother should be encouraged.
yeah... that reminds me of the dev of „the humbling experience“ which was a big loss

Reactions: DaHaremKing69

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
1. None of us are really "professional". Most are solo devs.
2. I am.
3. I 100% want people to, as long as they actually play the product. That's the problem with ICSTOR. It seems like he just wants to be left alone for as long as it takes and not held to any standard. All his other games ended abruptly with 0 closure. Ripping on eachother should be encouraged.
He makes the rest of us look bad and is one of those Devs that give us all a bad name in the process. Yet He has over 6,000 enablers. That put up with it. for what? an unfinished product like all his past games. He can do us all a favor and close his patreon if he does not want to do the work. He has more than enough money to hire others to finish the game properly.

Kekekerkek

Aug 18, 2018
He makes the rest of us look bad and is one of those Devs that give us all a bad name in the process. Yet He has over 6,000 enablers. That put up with it. for what? an unfinished product like all his past games. He can do us all a favor and close his patreon if he does not want to do the work
i'm sorry it's been a long time since i came back on this thread , what did ictor said?

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
You may not be "a professional", but that doesn't mean you can't (or shouldn't) act professional.

I disagree that ripping on each other should be encouraged. Criticism, yes. Attacking, no.

IMO, of course.
everyone is entitled to there opinion it just gets to me that other devs are out busting their ass to make updates and please there supporters and ICSTOR is abusing his supporters and making jack shit. While he's taking it in for doing nothing.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
so where is this official statement he will stop the dev of MC? And where is the statement at least 2 note updates will come??
Right here, taken from his Patreon:
News #19 - Update and Apologies
Hello everyone, it’s been a while. First of all I want to say that I’m sorry for a lack of communication lately. I knew I should make this post sooner, but I didn’t exactly know what I wanted to do and I had to consider all the options with myself and some of my team members. I know that probably a lot of you started to hate me, but there’s nothing I can do besides saying that I’m really sorry. To be honest I’m burned out again with working on Milfy City. I was thinking that taking a break again could be a solution, but to be honest I know it’s not. I’ve learned one thing in the last few years of creating games but I’ll write about it later in the post.

What about Milfy City?
When it comes to Milfy City, I’m considering creating the last two BIG updates to Milfy City. I want to finish all characters' storylines which the player could already start to not leave any started story unfinished. Let’s call it version 0.9 and 1.0. I’ll probably make version 0.9 a little smaller so you can guys get the content sooner. Probably with Linda and Sara's complete storyline. Everyone that has supported or is supporting me now, since the beginning of this year will receive those updates for free.

What about the release date?
I don’t know, and I don’t want to give any exact month or day because we know how it could end. I’ll post the news always at the end of the month with current progress.

Current progress bar?
I know that in its current form it’s not really helpful and related to the truth. There are things that are not on my side to do so I can’t really tell how much time other members of the team need. I’m thinking about changing it to a general percent of completion with separate boards, like renders/programming/writing and testing.

What about the future and after completing Milfy City?
I’ve learned one thing in the last few years of making games. (Maybe too late…?) In order to finish the game as I want, without being burned out I can’t make more than 4-5 updates. It’s just who I am. I like creating new stuff and new characters. It’s exactly then, at the beginning when I feel passion and I love creating it and I can work even all day without being exhausted. So, I decided that my future games will be separated into episodes. (For sure no more than four/five). No more creating versions 0.3,0.4,0.5,0.6 .etc Because in every next version I became less and less interested in the project. I’ve already got a great idea for the story for my next game. But, for now only the programmer is working hard on all the mechanics that I want to implement.(There’s a lot :D) In regards to Milfy City he has nothing else left to do until I create renders. So, I have to finish my part first in order to let him start working on it. In the meantime he’s working hard so we’ll be able to release the first episode MAYBE even at the end of this year.

I want to apologize once again for the lack of communication lately, and I’m hoping that there are still a lot of people waiting to see Linda, Sara and a few others characters again :)
View attachment 612102
but tbh at least this dev made a - so far - really great game (more or less) which is the upper class in comparison to a lot of other games here. I saw models milking more or the same amount of money for far less even they are/ or might be more reliable.

maybe he lost the last sparkle of interest cause ppl already raged when he didn’t deliver after 2/3 months? but he should have for sure communicated more with his fans and supporters. That’s what I personally hate the most: lack of communication.and that’s everywhere nowadays. It’s terrible.
They're a great artist who can make great renders with hot characters, but they suck at storytelling. It feels to a lot of people like ICSTOR just comes up with characters and the setting and then makes the game up on the fly, which is why they can't seem to put together a cohesive narrative with a proper beginning, middle and end, and it's why they inevitably lose interest because it gets too difficult for them to bring all the different character stories together and wrap things up neatly.

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
He makes the rest of us look bad and is one of those Devs that give us all a bad name in the process. Yet He has over 6,000 enablers. That put up with it. for what? an unfinished product like all his past games. He can do us all a favor and close his patreon if he does not want to do the work. He has more than enough money to hire others to finish the game properly.
I think the patreon model is a double edged sword. For every ICSTOR there is another dev that does steady work but gets lower funding. The problem is that devs like ICSTOR are too common place and make the system look bad.
You may not be "a professional", but that doesn't mean you can't (or shouldn't) act professional.

I disagree that ripping on each other should be encouraged. Criticism, yes. Attacking, no.

IMO, of course.
I don't think ripping on eachother is the same as attacking. Us making comments on his garbage here isn't the same as us going to his patreon and talking trash that he never reads.

hatenonincest

Mar 14, 2018
Saw it coming, just a matter of time(months) until he releases an half-assed update where the game just ends and then icstor moves on to other projects. What a waste and a letdown.

Reactions: Atlan1000

hatenonincest

Mar 14, 2018
Not a dev but I fully understand you. Some devs (very few) do not deserve the thousands of subscribers who support them every month and have to put up with endless excuses while still hoping for a good game. Meanwhile there's so many hardworking and talented devs struggling.

DiddlerGames

Game Developer
Jun 3, 2019
I’ve already got a great idea for the story for my next game.
That's 10 seconds of work. I have the stories and ideas for my next 4 games already thought up including mechanics.

But, for now only the programmer is working hard on all the mechanics that I want to implement.(There’s a lot :D) In regards to Milfy City he has nothing else left to do until I create renders.
Poor communication skills. The renders are useless. He could use stand in pictures of midgits in bikinis and then when the renders are done, they can easily be put in to replace the midgit pics. It's common practice.

He needs a producer. I stand by that 100%. He should write out each bit, basic plotline, flush it out, 1 character at a time, and reduce his scope. He straight up seems to be doing a "I will do less, for money please".

Dhal9

Jul 13, 2017
Devs like ICSTOR could learn a lot from NLT media I could be wrong but they seem to have storyboarded out most if not all of their games before releasing the first demo. I belive this approach comes from them doing comics first so they understand story comes before art, engine, and experience as all of those things can be improved with money and resources while story is either there or it isn't.

J.Rambo

Oct 13, 2019
I am much more a simple game but with a ending like "good girl gone bad" than these "neverending story". But while Patreon's money keeps coming...

Mandell

Dec 22, 2018
Yeah don't worry, he will grow bored after 6 updates of his new game, which will have the same storyline of a guy wanting to fuck his roomate and landlady who totally aren't his sister and mother.
Looking at your post gave me the weirdest idea. What if a large number of people apply the incest patch, take screenshots of the game, and then report it to patreon? What would happen then?

Calm down Satan.jpg

Megatron71

Jul 3, 2017
Devs like ICSTOR could learn a lot from NLT media I could be wrong but they seem to have storyboarded out most if not all of their games before releasing the first demo. I belive this approach comes from them doing comics first so they understand story comes before art, engine, and experience as all of those things can be improved with money and resources while story is either there or it isn't.
I brought up the storyboard approach in a different thread concerning a dev, seems like a logical step to take when fleshing out these games. I was basically shut down because for these types of games that's too much to ask a dev to do... glad I'm not the only person to see the storyboard logic.

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Looking at your post gave me the weirdest idea. What if a large number of people apply the incest patch, take screenshots of the game, and then report it to patreon? What would happen then?

View attachment 614096
Would not do any good as he can just say it's a fan-made patch on a pirate site. He can be reported on not making good on his rewards though. That would get him taken down.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 410 Votes