GopnikDude

Apr 22, 2018
But then again, people have been doing that since the 80's. Just to put things in a bit of perspective, Monkey Island came out in 1990 and had a total budget of $200,000. In today's value that's just shy of $400,000. Assuming ICstor makes around $20,000 a month and has been working on this game for more than two years, the total income is in the same ball park.

Personally, I'm mainly curious about if it was luck or skill that put him in the position he is now. He produced high quality renders when the competition was minimal and has kept the patreons despite others surpassing him in quality. Did he see a market opportunity where he was early, or was it just luck that people wanted to pay big money for the things he was doing?
That's an interesting question! I would argue the reason for his success is a good combination of circumstances such as luck, timing, precedents, contents and specialties.

The timing was perhaps one of the main reason. When Milfy City came out, it was by a fair margin one of the better looking DAZ based games, with very well worked good looking characters and high quality renders. Also, smooth animations which at the time was big novelty.

Precedents. ICSTOR made a handful of lewd games in the past, which mean he has a record and people "know" him. Most would assume that he has more experience and skills that a recent newbie.

Contents. When the game came out, even the 0.1 - 0.2 versions of the game had much more content and scenes than most. So that mean people actually try the game instead of waiting a few weeks/months before playing it. Which is why most launches for lewd games in early access are slow.

Also, he changed the usual RPGM he was using to the more common Renpy. RPGM is often frowned upon by a sizable portion of players (including me).

Finally, specialties. ICSTOR make incest focused content, with a focus on a variety of scenes and some sprinkled pregnancy content. Quite vanilla, but it work and high quality family based stories are actually rare.

Reactions: LewdGoogle

D-Two

Apr 12, 2018
That's an interesting question! I would argue the reason for his success is a good combination of circumstances such as luck, timing, precedents, contents and specialties.
I'm leaning towards that as well, he was good at something in a time where few others were doing the things he put his skill to. As another comparison, you could argue that Summertime Saga started out in the same way. One guy good at drawing started hacking together something in RenPy when few others managed to produce pictures with the same quality. Funny that the result of that game getting more money also resulted in much fewer releases. :)

gizmos44

Jul 9, 2020
This game is very well built. There are several characters, choices at the level of people who bring or not relationships.
The scenes are of good quality. Good work that needs to be continued. Can be added actions once a character is fully unlocked.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Or dev(Icstor) has fallen out with his own project/game. He's tired. Tired of working with same models game etc... Burnt out also comes to mind.
Speculations of course. In all honesty if i was him, and yes im not... then id push to finish the game. The main story has always been so so, the "storie" revolves around MC's family that kept us all interested apart from the hotness of the models and the animations. How to get to bang mom and sisters was our quest.

Still I think he's tired and I don't think he's trying to milk anyone. I think he knows what he has in support and don't want to let anyone down.

I'm leaning towards that as well, he was good at something in a time where few others were doing the things he put his skill to. As another comparison, you could argue that Summertime Saga started out in the same way. One guy good at drawing started hacking together something in RenPy when few others managed to produce pictures with the same quality. Funny that the result of that game getting more money also resulted in much fewer releases. :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: exirock

kofy

Jan 14, 2019
I actually wish icstor would get canceled this is tottaly absurd what this guy is doing. i get it if he is depressed i was there mostly still am. in my case i started making music but my motivation is not that high though im not geting the veiws. but in hes case millions of downloads 1000 of dollars per month. and game stuck on 80 % for 4 months fuck this dude. if millions of players and all tha money isn't enough motivation for this guy nothing will ever be. SO ICSTOR FUCK YOU idiot

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
People don't have to pay... It's their choice. Climb off the buss if the ride is shit.

I actually wish icstor would get canceled this is tottaly absurd what this guy is doing. i get it if he is depressed i was there mostly still am. in my case i started making music but my motivation is not that high though im not geting the veiws. but in hes case millions of downloads 1000 of dollars per month. and game stuck on 80 % for 4 months fuck this dude. if millions of players and all tha money isn't enough motivation for this guy nothing will ever be. SO ICSTOR FUCK YOU idiot

spas

Jun 22, 2017
Or dev(Icstor) has fallen out with his own project/game. He's tired. Tired of working with same models game etc... Burnt out also comes to mind.
Speculations of course. In all honesty if i was him, and yes im not... then id push to finish the game. The main story has always been so so, the "storie" revolves around MC's family that kept us all interested apart from the hotness of the models and the animations. How to get to bang mom and sisters was our quest.

Still I think he's tired and I don't think he's trying to milk anyone. I think he knows what he has in support and don't want to let anyone down.
Are you shiting me the dude barley release 5 update for 2 years and why didn’t pause the patreon if was burn out don’t defend shit headed scammer there is no excuse for the behaviour

mhoyko

Jan 23, 2020
I think that in this month ICSTOR announced that it will return the money that in these 18 months has not responded with a job that its patreons deserve... Or maybe they can say nothing and spend until 2022 receiving money without working. What a genius!!

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Are you a patron of his? If not then really your opinion is just that, an opinion with no wait to the dev. Maybe you feel entitled?
Im not defending anyone, just my opinion and alternative to what the dev may be going through.

If you are a patron and feel done in, contact him and tell him or unsubscribe. Maybe he's scamming if so then as i say... leave and hurt him financially. The choice is yours as for us all.

Are you shiting me the dude barley release 5 update for 2 years and why didn’t pause the patreon if was burn out don’t defend shit headed scammer there is no excuse for the behaviour

D-Two

Apr 12, 2018
We don't know anything about his situation, except that he obviously doesn't feel well. He might have a family that rely on his income or whatever. That doesn't make it right, but it might be a good enough reason for him to care less about patrons who apparently are happy enough to keep paying.

No matter how you look at it, paying is voluntary. People spend their money on all kinds of pointless shit, and getting upset about it won't help.

Echoesinthedarkness

May 18, 2020
Yeah yeah seek apology for the guy that made his excuse and wrote a post only after his patreon numbers went down, and become radio silent again lol. The money that he got in first half of the year is more than enough to support decent well-being for a years. He should have stopped his patreon,but he didnt which leads us to conclusion that he is ok with taking money and providing nothing in return.

Last edited:
Reactions: PinkGoddess

DonStark

May 4, 2017
The problem with ICSTOR is always the same ... he start a game, in the beginning he will give the update at time but after some time there will be problems and after some other time he will say that he's going on holiday because he want a pause and after this pause i will coming back and say i'm tired of my game, here is a shitty end for the game and now I create a new game with the same mentally... It's only my opinion but it's always the same thing and maybe it's time that the people stop trusting this guy ...

dirtythiccboi

Aug 7, 2019
What's sad is people don't realize we essentially vote with our wallets. If even 50% of them dropped support we'd see an update in a week. It's kinda like how we have those garbo woke movies. We know they're going to be bad, yet people still pay money to see it. Then of course get proven right, so then they leave, take to the net to complain and make said movie/show 1 star. None of that matters. They already won the second you paid to see something you knew was going to be crap. :/

Reactions: Marzapane

PinkGoddess

Apr 3, 2020
cancelled my patreon after giving $30, some people may have it worse, but i think i could've spend that money for another creator with completed game instead.

learned my lesson.
If u have my honest opinion, there are a ton of great devs here, as Kthulian (Ataegina) or Belle (Long live the princess) and I think these devs are sooooo underrated for the quality and constant of their work. I put only a pair of examples, but there are too much srsly, only u need watch the forum and see the signatures from others users, u can discover a great diamonds here :D

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I just find it funny how he repeates exactly what he did with Incest Story. Not just closely, not more or less.. but exactly. Its very interesting. He fell apart exactly at the 5th update. Just like here. Exactly after 1.5 half years. He struggled some but then it was done. Here, the fifth update was the crucial one as well. He started to struggle greatly with that. Since then its just a struggle. The only reason why he added a 6th update, and now tries another, is that he now earn huge wads of cash while he didn't back then. It basically forces him to try and continue but its plain to see he is raping himself now with the game and i'm certain, without a shadow of a doubt, that he would have quit after 0.5 otherwise. If not for the money.

Its like i'm seeing the Incest Story: Revamp (Same Results Edition)

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
We don't know anything about his situation, except that he obviously doesn't feel well. He might have a family that rely on his income or whatever. That doesn't make it right, but it might be a good enough reason for him to care less about patrons who apparently are happy enough to keep paying.

No matter how you look at it, paying is voluntary. People spend their money on all kinds of pointless shit, and getting upset about it won't help.

Why do so many people on here assume that when Icstor said he is not feeling well or is burned out that he is telling the truth. This may come as a surprise to some of you but people can lie and scammers often lie allot.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Sorry Midnight Paradise's mom signature totally stopped me from reading your post Hahaha...

I just find it funny how he repeates exactly what he did with Incest Story. Not just closely, not more or less.. but exactly. Its very interesting. He fell apart exactly at the 5th update. Just like here. Exactly after 1.5 half years. He struggled some but then it was done. Here, the fifth update was the crucial one as well. He started to struggle greatly with that. Since then its just a struggle. The only reason why he added a 6th update, and now tries another, is that he now earn huge wads of cash while he didn't back then. It basically forces him to try and continue but its plain to see he is raping himself now with the game and i'm certain, without a shadow of a doubt, that he would have quit after 0.5 otherwise. If not for the money.

Its like i'm seeing the Incest Story: Revamp (Same Results Edition)

3.80 star(s) 415 Votes